Latest Movies

B*D*A

I finally just saw the new Star Wars; I liked it a lot more than the 1-3 movies but was a little disappointed in how similar the overall plot was and how they really recycles the deathstar, trench run scenes.  Don't get me wrong, really enjoyed it over all but I was hoping for something I haven't already seen before.

New Star Trek preview looked awesome!

Watched The Revenant last night. Great acting from DiCaprio and Hardy. The cinematography was outstanding but I wasn't really impressed by the movie as a whole. Just due to the Oscar buzz, I felt like I needed to see it, but I'll probably never watch it again. I'd recommend a matinee showing to avoid full price. 3 out of 5 in my book. 

The cinematography was outstanding but I wasn't really impressed by the movie as a whole.

That was the vibe I got from it when I saw the first previews. I am a fan of both DiCaprio and Hardy, and usually love the outdoors/survival movies but something about it just said "meh" to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got out of "13 Hours".

One of the better movies I've seen in bit for multiple reasons. The filming and feel of it was great. I love John Krasinski, but after The Office I didn't know how well he would fit as a team guy. The entire cast was spot on in their roles. It definitely didn't feel like a normal Michael Bay film, where the explosions need explosions for their explosions.

It was a very tense and engrossing movie from start to finish. I liked that they kept politics directly out of it, at least compared to how it could have been. In the end, it was about honoring the men involved, not smearing government officials.

It's a complete gut wrencher, but still a must see

On 1/17/2016 at 6:50 AM, Toro said:

Two huge thumbs up for 13 hours.  Several of the team members were on set as consultants and have said that it's very accurate.

Haven't posted here in a long time but still check the site from time to time.  I'm no longer in the Air Force, but I have a buddy who is a contractor in Afghanistan and Iraq who never served.  His FB page is always blown up with patriotic themes and sacrifice quotes, if you didnt know any better you would think he was a SEAL, but he's just a dash-8 pilot.  Anyway now this movie is out he's running his mouth about his duty and BS being a contractor and everyone should see it to see what he deals with on a daily basis for his country.  Its pretty lame, I dont even want to talk to him anymore. Considering another good buddy of mine is Army SF and never says shit.

I don't think I've ever ran across someone who talked themselves/their experiences up who did not turn out to be completely full of shit.  Every "real deal" I have interacted with doesn't say shit about their job outside of the work environment.  

I don't think I've ever ran across someone who talked themselves/their experiences up who did not turn out to be completely full of shit.  Every "real deal" I have interacted with doesn't say shit about their job outside of the work environment.  

I've met both kinds.

Get a lot of Ranger/Long Tab guys that go warrant. Some talk some don't. Honestly I think it's a generation thing. My grand parents and them didn't really talk about the wars they were in. Now is more the Facebook look at me attention society.

Good point - generation probably has at least something to do with it.  Though at least the several dudes I know who are in the "current war generation" still are quiet about it...their parents must have done that parenting thing, a very lacking thing nowadays.

Well if you have actually been there done that, you have the right to say as much or as little as you want.  My buddy that pisses me off is a contractor and can walk away any minute  he wants but he talks more shit than anyone I've ever met.  He's there for a fairly large paycheck.  He's a passenger pilot but you would think he's doing CAS from his FB page.  I dont think he even flies that much and basically pets paid $200k to lift weights.

• 5 months later...
Anyone seen the new Independence Day flick?

The wife and I went to see it the other night...BLUF - it's an entertaining movie.

It's not even close to the first one, but I don't think it's tries to be. It's way more goofy and the acting is pretty reminiscent of a movie you'd see on SiFy, but it was fun to watch. If you go into it without expecting it to live up to the first one, you won't be disappointed too much

• 2 months later...

"Eastwood does a remarkable job of personalizing “Sully” to moviegoers and air travelers.  Tom Hanks, in his most unrecognizable role since 2000’s “Cast Away”, effortlessly portrays the senior aviator on that fateful morning and represents the second-guessing that clouds every pilot’s mind after an incident.  An enthralling script heavy in aviation-speak and a behind-the-scenes look at aircraft investigations reveals the enormous burdens and decision-making placed upon so few with precious little time to react."

• 3 weeks later...

Despite a predictable plot, “The Magnificent Seven” rustles up a widely satisfying film for moviegoers to consume.  It singlehandedly grabs a Colt .45 Peacemaker and makes Westerns cool again.  A well-acted ensemble that looks like a United Nations peacekeeping force, is anything but.  “The Magnificent Seven” looks, feels and sounds like the Old West.  And that’s how it should be.  Giddy up.

magnificentseven.png