Latest Movies

B*D*A

5 hours ago, FLEA said:

His entry wasn't so bad on its own. It was deliberately pulling those classic trilogy heart strings to get old fans who fell off after the prequels to come back on. I agree some more creativity could have been injected but overall, I rated 7 better than 1-3. Then 8 came out and it made 7 even worse. Likely because it is an extension of the same movie. If no one else caught on, 8 is the only movie that has no time skip between episodes. Every other movie was spread out over years and 8 felt like an immediate continuation of 7, which in turn, made both of them suck more. 

Agreed.  I really liked 7.  Yeah, it was a bit of a rehash of A New Hope... But they almost needed to.  It introduced the Star Wars universe I grew up with to a new generation.  It used familiar arcs to establish the next generation.  I get that it wasn't the most creative direction they could have taken... But to me, it was the most Star Wars-like movie since Empire Strikes Back.

Edited by pawnman

His entry wasn't so bad on its own. It was deliberately pulling those classic trilogy heart strings to get old fans who fell off after the prequels to come back on. I agree some more creativity could have been injected but overall, I rated 7 better than 1-3. Then 8 came out and it made 7 even worse. Likely because it is an extension of the same movie. If no one else caught on, 8 is the only movie that has no time skip between episodes. Every other movie was spread out over years and 8 felt like an immediate continuation of 7, which in turn, made both of them suck more. 

I have to disagree. It was total ball wash.  

First, with zero explanation as to where this cookie cutter replacement for the Empire, complete with wrinkled old holographic Force user, came from, it destroys the entire Republic, erasing the entire struggle of IV, V, and VI. 

So a headstrong orphan who works with broken equipment on a desert planet encounters a robot who thrusts her into a space adventure on the millennium falcon where she learns of her incredible connection to the force.

This journey includes a stop in a dangerous cantina for space criminals. Our hero receives the wise guidance of a very old, very short, sassy alien that appears to know more about the protagonist than they let on. She is given a lightsaber from an older, still alive but disgraced powerful Jedi. Oh yeah, she's also a great pilot.

This journey ultimately leads to their participation in the ultimate fight to destroy the third, THIRD massive spherical planet-destroying space station, which requires Han Solo and Chewbacca to break into a building and destroy it with explosives before an X-Wing can fly through a laser-ridden gorge and destroy the strangely accessible weak spot that will detonate the whole station.

How on Earth did JJ come up with such a fantastic story?

• Haha 2

I haven’t seen the latest Star Wars movie trailer, but I didn’t enjoy Episode 7 and enjoyed 8 even less. I however did enjoy the stand alone Solo movie, so maybe I’m just a bit strange. The force is female and the unoriginal story were a bit of a buzz kill. The force simply is, anyone can tap into it (well, “anyone” who is gifted with “it”). Make a great original story with a female lead and I’ll be into it. No need to push any harder than you would if the main character was a dude. A great story is a great story. Hoping the new one is a great course reversal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Triple Frontier on Netflix, and now I want the last two hours of my life back.

You get the feeling they blew 95% of the money on getting A-list actors, and then kinda phoned-in everything else.  The storytelling was uneven, there were random plot threads that went nowhere, and the whole thing felt kinda mediocre and silly.

• Upvote 1

Surprised nobody has said anything about Avengers: Endgame.  

Unf**king-believable movie!  3 hours that felt like 30 minutes.  Brings great closure to some of the franchises while creatively opens others.  

Oh yea - The Dude abides!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

Looks awesome. Wonder what the deal is with The Mighty Eighth? The teaser trailer came out almost 6 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered that recently, too.

I just looked and this is the only recent update I've been able to find. 

http://footstepsresearch.org/2018/12/what-we-know-hbos-masters-of-the-air/

Everything we have heard about this project so far has indicated that the series will be of epic proportions.  I heard a budget figure in 2016 of $375 million and have even heard a couple of sources say the budget is as high as $500 million.   Writer and Historian Don Miller, who consulted on HBO’s The Pacific, quoted Tom Hanks as saying “If this isn’t the best war film ever made, I don’t want to make it.”  Don went on to say that Spielberg feels the same way as Hanks. Tom Hanks has turned his office into what looks like an Eighth Air Force museum, complete with model airplanes hanging from the ceiling.  He has reportedly read Miller’s book Masters of the Air more than six times.

Highwaymen on Netflix was pretty damn entertaining. Costner does a really good job at being an old dude with a gut, and the ambush scene on Bonnie and Clyde is freakin aggressive. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Looks interesting, but it'll have a tough time beating Rush as the premier motor racing movie! 
What!?! Batman and Jason Bourne destroying the Italians in the same movie?

U silly

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I would actually say this is less of a motor racing movie and more about corporations battling each other for dominance in a market.

Should actually be pretty cool if they don't wander to much with hollywood liberties.