Latest Movies

B*D*A

I'm sure this has already been addressed here, but I still think it's worthy of revisiting...just caught 300Rise of an Empire...best thing about the Movie: Eva Green... I don't know about an empire, she's definitely responsible for something rising...check out The Dreamers, too, for that matter!

No thanks.

josh-hartnett-eva-green-combat-penny-dre

• Upvote 1

More downrange ops focusing on Kyle's 4 tours in the film than I was expecting. But this movie is about one subject and one subject only--Chris Kyle the husband, father, teammate and American. It's not political or an indictment on OIF or why we're there. It covers war and the pressures, strain and multiple deployments exceptionally well and the affects on one SEAL. An abrupt and shocking ending that most already know is coming is still powerful and emotional. 'American Sniper' will squarely hit civilians in the heart and mind about sacrifices made by so few, for so many, and for so long.

Is the movie perfect? No. But does it get the message of casualties and sacrifices from the military and our families at war now for over a decade through the big-screen? Without a doubt. I was pleasantly surprised by this film's impact.

http://reelbrief.com/?p=1681

Definitely go see American Sniper...

Great film--really enjoyed it. Always was a great story and Hollywood didn't screw it up all that much.

Saw American Sniper last night.

Even though I read the book and knew the story, I couldn't speak for a few minutes afterwards. Danged eye irritants...

First time I have ever heard silence for a solid 3-4 minutes after a movie and nearly no noise as the crowd departed.

Great movie and story told exceedingly well.

Nothing grand strategy or ideological; simply a dude who did his job to help protect his bros in uniform.

The relief/guilt dilemma of those on the deployment grind and how it screws with the family was perfectly told.

Great movie by Eastwood. Great acting by Cooper.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...