Latest Movies

B*D*A

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, so I'll throw out a recommendation for We're the Millers. Funniest movie I've seen in years, and Jennifer Anniston as a stripper was worth the price of admission alone.... Wife loved the movie, too, FWIW.

EDIT: me no spel gud

"The World's End"

Meh...

Same guys from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Kind of a rehash of the former along with some life changes you from a beer-swilling teen-ager to a middle-aged man lessons.

Maybe a Netflix or other rental, but not full movie price.

Some moments, but not enough.

Took the wife to see it this afternoon, it wasn't bad but I see what you mean. Not as good as their prior efforts, but not a turd by any means...

I can vouch for Dredd. Solid and entertaining B movie.

The plot was B. But the production was A and the acting was a solid A-/B+.

I get the sense that the science of making an action movie has gotten to the point where there are no B movies any more, just boring A movies and low budget C movies.

Planes was ok, didn't quite have the charm of Cars, but it wasn't bad.

Concur.

Plot was predictable as hell, but hey, it's a kids movie... what do you expect? I personally enjoyed the decent number of correct aviation references, both visual and scripted, especially compared to the massacre of aviation that Hollywood usually puts out.

Local po-pos around here have Tauri, they do look pretty badass, so...yeah it's possible.

I've driven the Explorer-based Interceptor, it's pretty impressive!

113268d1371523839-whats-all-chevy-suvs-sapd-imag0530_burst002.jpg

113272d1371523866-whats-all-chevy-suvs-sapd-imag0541_burst002.jpg

Makes the old Crown Vics feel like boats, and even the Tahoes don't get close to handling as well...

The biggest proplem with the Taurus-based Interceptors is that they are pretty confined inside once you get all the equipment installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen "Black Eagle" the new Koran top gun knockoff on Netflix?

Return to Base?

It makes "Behind Enemy Lines" look Oscar-worthy.

Here's a seven-minute clip. Good popcorn movie, as long as you don't let silly things like physics get in the way of your movies.