Latest Movies

B*D*A

• 1 month later...

Saw "The Grey" last night. As long as you don't think it's going to be Liam Nesson fighting wolves the entire time, you should enjoy it for a decent survival movie. Oh, and be sure to stay past the credits for a "resolution" scene, if you can call it that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw an advance screening at USAFA--I don't know how you can ruin the plot line of the Tuskeegee story but they did. Hell, I'm pretty much a lurker around here after being out for 6 years and felt I should post a public service announcement so people will save their money.

Crappy plot line, cheesy dialog, unneeded side story(s), unrealistic flight maneuvers. Overall horrific! If I hadn’t been packed in with a bunch of cadets, I probably would have walked out 2/3rds the way through.

Save your money-very disappointed.

I don't know why Hollywood feels the need to embellish these things. The same went for 300. The actual story is phenomenal, it doesn't need to be re-written.

• Upvote 1

Wow, Hollywood is truly reaching. Enough of the Vampire BS.

00:41 History fail. The Washington Monument wasn't completed until 20 years after Lincoln died. In fact during the length of the Civil War it stood half-erected (STS) while building stopped, and if you look closely you can see about half-way up where construction stopped, and was resumed with a different shade of marble.

That is unless the book/movie takes place after 1884, in which case I've just wasted 30 seconds of your life spouting off useless trivia.

00:41 History fail. The Washington Monument wasn't completed until 20 years after Lincoln died. In fact during the length of the Civil War it stood half-erected (STS) while building stopped, and if you look closely you can see about half-way up where construction stopped, and was resumed with a different shade of marble.

That is unless the book/movie takes place after 1884, in which case I've just wasted 30 seconds of your life spouting off useless trivia.

History Fail?!! seriously?

Abe Lincoln fighting vampires isn't?

Looks like an entertaining movie either way... cheers :beer:

The ending takes place in 1963 with MLK giving a speech at the Lincoln Memorial. I think maybe the scene you see of the Washington Monument may be from that particular part of the book.

If you haven't read the Ab Lincoln book, it's pretty good. It's nothing like the Twilight bullshit.

Yeah the book is great, Seth Grahame-Smith for those who havent read it. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is another good one, can't wait until they make that movie.

I've been waiting for vampire hunter to come out.

I don't want to spoil anything, but you cant tell from a trailer at what point in time theyre showing the washington monument.

Act of Valor. Good movie, fast paced and very respectable acting for a bunch of active duty Seals. Most of the movie you wouldn't really think about it being non actors playing most of the main roles. I definitely wouldn't want a Seal team after my ass (sts) !!!

It was an okay movie. The actual acting was terrible, but fortunately 95% of the movie was nothing but the SEALs doing what they do best. They use damn near every cliche in the book but what the heck there's still some entertainment value to be had.

Really?

I thought it was fucking great, especially because the guys were not actors and I wasn't confused that the story/timeline wasn't 100% authentic.

I especially liked the gunboat part. Reminded me of sitting in the orbit at 0200 during DA hits watching rounds ripping every direction wondering how the fuck was I going to sort into that insane shitstorm when they called for it...hoping they'd handle the close in stuff themselves and I'll just pop the squirters. It never ceased to amaze me when I would watch those fuckers running full speed forward, throwing grenades in front of themselves and never slowing down while their bros were firing 50 cal rounds right over their shoulders. And then it would end as fast as it started, most of the time.

Good flick. Go see it.

Damn Few.

I especially liked the gunboat part. Reminded me of sitting in the orbit at 0200 during DA hits watching rounds ripping every direction wondering how the fuck was I going to sort into that insane shitstorm when they called for it...hoping they'd handle the close in stuff themselves and I'll just pop the squirters. It never ceased to amaze me when I would watch those fuckers running full speed forward, throwing grenades in front of themselves and never slowing down while their bros were firing 50 cal rounds right over their shoulders. And then it would end as fast as it started, most of the time.

A-Freaking Men...and on several nights just before being called into that fray I distinctly remember silently praying to myself..."dear lord, please don't let me fuck up".

Edited by ClearedHot
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if the other services Special Ops guys give SEALs shit about all the pub they have been getting lately.

Yes. A ton. Privately.

It is no different than a fighter squadron/fighter units as far as giving each other shit.

It was pretty nice to watch a military movie that didn't make me cringe at all the interactions between military members or have me picking holes in every little detail because it didn't make sense, even if the acting was pretty bad in a few places.

Also, the interrogation scene was awesome and hilarious at the same time.