Latest Movies

B*D*A

Finally got around to watching this. Holy Shit. Educate yourself.

And read this.

Every educated American should understand what happened and why.

Guest Sandlapper

Fascinating movie...no kidding.

Edited by Sandlapper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4gL3eAHVs

Vice Guide to Travel. Very cool. Fat hippie sneaks small camera into North Korea and records batshit craziness. Other episodes feature the worlds worst shithole- Liberia, Chernobyl, and others. Streams on Netflix.

Or just watch back to back short documentaries on VBS.tv and be amazed.

Another National Geographic doc inside North Korea.

Just watched all 14 part of him going to North Korea, thats gnarly.

• 2 months later...

The first movie was pretty good, I don't see the reason for another especially since other units such as the 4th Fighter Group haven't had a movie made about their exploits during WWII...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This looks promising...although I hope it isn't a re-hash of the 90's HBO movie.

Just saw an advance screening at USAFA--I don't know how you can ruin the plot line of the Tuskeegee story but they did. Hell, I'm pretty much a lurker around here after being out for 6 years and felt I should post a public service announcement so people will save their money.

Crappy plot line, cheesy dialog, unneeded side story(s), unrealistic flight maneuvers. Overall horrific! If I hadn’t been packed in with a bunch of cadets, I probably would have walked out 2/3rds the way through.

Save your money-very disappointed.

we lowly cadets here at USAFA got a pre-screening of "Red Tails" today and yesterday. It was an average movie, pretty bad CGI, not a good plot. Nothin really special, probably not worth most of yall's time. I'd give it a 4/10

** And just read the previous poster's comments, passed right over them before. Just wasn't very well done

Edited by Bucket

• 3 weeks later...

pre-screening of "Red Tails" today and yesterday. It was an average movie, pretty bad CGI, not a good plot. Nothin really special, probably not worth most of yall's time. I'd give it a 4/10

No comment on the movie itself (which I have not seen)--but there's a documentary that I just saw today that was produced in conjunction w/ the movie, narrated by Cuba Gooding, Jr., and was shown at the base theater (will be again on the 13th, 16th, & 19th for those at Offutt).

Title is Double Victory. It's TERRIFIC. Interviews with surviving original members (of whom at least three have passed since they were taped) interspersed with actual combat & other vintage footage (w/ a couple of modern P-51 flybys in there, too), focusing on the trials & tribulations that the Tuskegee Airmen faced in a segregated Army Air Corps & society at large. I highly recommend it if you have the opportunity. There are apparently two versions, 90-minute & a 60-minute (they showed the 60-minute); "public release" is 16 Jan (MLK Day) if you can't get an advance screening (I assume it will be on TLC or History Channel, or similar).

• 2 weeks later...
Also, saw Sherlock Holmes part deux this weekend. Solid flick.

The reviews aren't that good, but I don't put much stock into those. We really enjoyed the first one, and I was hoping the second would be as good...

The reviews aren't that good, but I don't put much stock into those. We really enjoyed the first one, and I was hoping the second would be as good...

If you liked the first one, you should enjoy the second just as well. There were some very cool slow motion scenes with munitions flying; I'd venture to say that you'd appreciate it.