PureEdge Viewer for Mac OS

Guest Sebastian

Guest Sebastian

Not sure if this is already common knowledge but it's the first I've heard of it.

So for those of you who are just dieing to write OPRs and EPRs on their home macbook. I found a couple of mediocre options.

IBM Forms Workplace Viewer:

- This is pretty simple. You need to download macfuse first. I haven't been able to use the next page button though. But it at least lets me make sure my bullets have the right number of characters in each line.

Citrix ICA Client:

- This one will open up some windows 98 looking screen. I haven't been able to open EPRs/OPRs but the award package forms works like a champ (I don't get it).

Good luck. Let me know if it works out for everyone.

-S

Edited by Sebastian

Guest AirForceZip

I unzipped it and everything, it just didn't install. Are you running Leopard?

"I dream of an Air Force that uses programs that allow any computer to run them: good/crappy, reliable/challenged, Mac/PC."

I unzipped it and everything, it just didn't install. Are you running Leopard?

"I dream of an Air Force that uses programs that allow any computer to run them: good/crappy, reliable/challenged, Mac/PC."

Sigh. You both had my hopes up for a second, but no luck. The installer gives me an error when I attempt to load. As far as I know there was a software update from Apple a while ago (at least since 08) that for some reason prevents the installer from loading the reader on an Intel Mac.

How's that paperless Air Force working out for everyone?

GW

Sigh. You both had my hopes up for a second, but no luck. The installer gives me an error when I attempt to load. As far as I know there was a software update from Apple a while ago (at least since 08) that for some reason prevents the installer from loading the reader on an Intel Mac.

How's that paperless Air Force working out for everyone?

GW

I've used the IBM version a few years ago--don't know why it's not working for ya now.

Another option is to get a Windows emulator--VirtualBox is free (uhh, STS I guess). http://www.macworld.com/article/139261/2009/03/vbox21.html

The only trick is to find a cheap version of Win XP, but then you can run ANY of the crappy AF-approved software.

-kp

• 4 years later...

Thread Revival: Found this gem today works like a champ if you would rather not have to boot windows to work on XFDL documents on your mac.

http://armyguru.com/reference/pure-edge-viewer-mac

Can't download right now but is that a full up editor or only a reader?

Previous version I had tried was only the latter.

Edited by Champ Kind