Scam???

Guest Lombs18

Guest Lombs18

Alright... this might be a litte out in left field but i thought i would throw it out there anyway... so here it is.

I got an email from this guy from the company we organized our spring break trip through. everything was paid for about 2 months ago, then i got this email today....

"Many of you have already received a few emails from StudentCity.com with mentions of a fuel surcharge. I am sending out this email to help explain this charge if it is to happen. Many people are under the assumption that this last minute charge is something the company does to squeeze extra money out of our travelers before they leave. That, by far, is not true. This small charge is not something we enjoy placing on our travelers, nor right before they leave. It causes us more headaches by having to do it than just charging it up front"

"While determining the prices for our trips over a year in advance we calculate in an estimate of what the fuel could cost at the time of travel. It is usually a fairly low estimate so that we do not initially overcharge you. At this time of year StudentCity is given the actual fuel costs based on the current economic situation, world events, and other determining factors that dictate the cost of jet fuel. We are then forced to pass some of this difference along to you. Sometimes it is a large cost, sometimes small, but it is not something that we can forecast."

I was just wondering if some of you guys have any imput, i would never have thought the people who buy the plane tickets would also have to buy gas. haha.... anyway, just wanted to know what you guys thought and if this is true or not.... thanks again

Guest Lombs18

it dosent,thats why i said its comming from left field.... you guys know a little more about aviation then an 18 year old kid from st. louis. it was just a question, i didnt really think some people would cause any stink just because its not military aviation. thanks for the replies.

That sounds a bit odd if you ask me. If you bought a ticket from an airline today for a trip you were taking 6 months from now, would you have to pay extra right before your trip if gas prices all of a sudden skyrocketed?? No, because you bought your ticket. I would ask a few more questions. St. Louis huh?? I do remember hearing about a company pulling off a Spring Break scam there a few years ago when I was in school. Different situation but if I were you I would look into it a bit more before you start handing over more money to them.

Originally posted by PhlashNU04:

Not to be rude or anything, but what in the hell does this REMOTELY have to do with military aviation?

"Discuss general topics in Military Aviation, TDY - Travel, Finance, and all else...."

You are being rude...if you don't like the topic, move on!! General Discussion means just that...general..

Guest HercengTN

NOT TO BE RUDE OR ANYTHING but i have read plenty of non aviation posts on this board that has been very informative, interesting and entertaining. If it was strictly military aviation topics it would be too much like work to read and reply on this forum. Dont get me wrong, the military aviation topics are great and very helpful but we gotta have a little fresh air every once in a while........so whos gonna win the super bowl since the TITANS failed to show up to a game this year? If you ask me, I really dont care but its a damn good reason to drinks some sunday night.

my 2c.

PEACE IM OUT!