guard to reserve?

Guest kpatrick

does anyone know the process of going from a guard to a reserve unit as a pilot?

You have to get your unit to release you for starters.

Get in touch with the officer recruiter that works the region for the unit you are joining. They will make you fill out a form I can't remember the name of.

You will end up being discharged out of the Guard and have to swear into the Reserves. It was not painful, just took time for everybody to stamp their approval of the transfer.

Guest kpatrick

can you detail what type of interview proces it is and if you know how often they may hold the interview. In your opinion, what do you think is the most effective way to get the reserve unit to know about you. I'm only asking because im currently out of state of the reserve unit that i want to get into. Thanks in advance

I dont on inside interview details, or how often units have them. You need to talk to the specific unit for details like that. You need to visit that specific unit. Do you have any contacts there or anyway you can call/email them and ask to stop by for a visit. Unless you deploy with them, or happen to know guys in the unit, thats about it.

Its also good to have a few good reasons why you want to be there. Family there, from that location, civilain job lined up...ect

good luck

What if you are to be promoted to CPT soon? Would you still get promoted at the 2 yr point or does the AFR have their own schedule that follows AD sequential numbers?

JT