G-RAP (Guard Recruiting Assistance Program)

Has anyone done the Guard Recruiting Assistance Program? I've got a friend who is looking into the Guard, and I'd like to do G-RAP if it means that I can buy now buy an AR-15.

Is there some big catch or trap? I understand that you have to do some CBTs (as if I don't do a million of them already) and go to a meeting with the recruiter and the recruit.

Thanks!

I've done it twice... I'm no longer in the Guard so I'm not up to date on how things are working currently. It used to be that you registered, did a CBT, and then put the recruits into the system and documented your interactions with them.

Does the recruit get any money as well? I thought I heard that they did, but I don't see anything saying that they do.

GRAP pays you a $2k bonus for referring someone to a unit. The recruit will get their own bonus for enlisting. This year I believe for a NPS it is $20k, depending on career field.

Guest twinkle toes

I have done it 6 times, 5 non-proir, and one prior service. Last I knew, it was suspended still, however they paid people who already had nominees. Google "grap", and the website will come up with all the information. It is pretty easy, just make sure and enter notes online frequently. You also have to be on traditional status, so no asa, agr or tech. Once he signs the dotted line, it will be about 60 days before you get your first 1k and about 60 days after he goes to bmt before you get the other 1k. Your local reqruiter should have all the info.

sorry for any typos, I replied in a hurry.

TT

• 5 weeks later...
The recruit will get their own bonus for enlisting. This year I believe for a NPS it is $20k, depending on career field.

Do non prior pilot selects get anything like this? That would be the tits if so...

Guest AZDiamondbacks
Do non prior pilot selects get anything like this? That would be the tits if so...

I heard they stopped that bonus last fall...unless you were enlisted before they stopped it then no. But maybe I am wrong, that is just what I heard.