'Special paint scheme' Hawk.

Guest Ricko

Hi all.

It has been a while since my last post of photographs and following a chat with Chris last night he was happy for me to share a few more images taken this year.

19 Squadron at RAF Valley, UK, were the first squadron to be equipped with the Spitfire for the Battle of Britain in 1938 and this year was the 70th aniversary of that historic event. After several months of negotiations with sponsors the squadron and I managed to get this Hawk painted in the original paint scheme of the Spitfire.

I was fortunate to fly in formation with the Hawk and the Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight from RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire as shown below.

From these images I have produced a calendar for 2009 with all the proceeds going to the squadron's chosen charity.

I hope you like the images.

Regards Ricko.

ha.jpg

s3.jpg

hm.jpg

hn.jpg

C1.jpg

Beautiful! I love the scheme on the Hawk!

The Spitfire is the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's own P7350 A Mk IIa built in 1940. P7350 is the oldest airworthy Spitfire in the world and the only Spitfire still flying today to have actually fought in the Battle of Britain.

The Hurricane on the other hand, is LF363 a Mk IIc, believed to be the last Hurricane to be delivered to the RAF in 1944.

Each of these aircraft serve on in the RAF's Historical Flight and are flown by active duty airmen.

For more info and photos see: http://www.bbmf.co.uk/fighters.html