Baseops Forums
slacker

WTF? (**NSFW**)

6 hours ago, flynutt said:

Not to be "that guy" but a minor point that muscle does not weigh more than fat.  1 pound of muscle weighs the same as 1 pound of fat.  Muscle is more dense, therefore 1 pound of muscle will take up less space than 1 pound of fat.

You don’t say. 1lb=1lb. I would have never guessed. 

7 hours ago, flynutt said:

Not to be "that guy" but

7A97BC13-284B-4126-AAA2-F12CEDCBBF23.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Downvote 1

On 9/10/2020 at 9:33 AM, torqued said:

You might be the only person who doesn’t understand the conversation. 

I fully understand the conversation, thank you.

18 hours ago, viper154 said:

You don’t say. 1lb=1lb. I would have never guessed. 

Well, you did say that muscle weighs more than fat.  I understood what you were saying, but your statement was incomplete as stated.  

Well, you did say that muscle weighs more than fat.  I understood what you were saying, but your statement was incomplete as stated.  
Yes, but everyone knew what was meant. Being pedantic doesn't help or add to the conversation.

And FYI, you are DEFINITELY being "that guy".

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

This is why we have Niel trap and thanks Jeffery. 

Edited by SocialD

5 hours ago, flynutt said:

I fully understand the conversation, thank you.

Because a 5 gallon bucket full of muscle does in fact weigh more that a 5 gallon bucket full of fat. It’s pretty self explaining that a pound of something = a pound of something. 

You completely missed the entire point of the conversation to contribute absolutely nothing to be a smart ass. 

Break Break

Follow up to the original poster-local policy given was that individuals must self identify their BMI, if they fall over 30 they are to get a in person assessment to get laser scanned or water tanked or whatever the process is to determine their true muscle/fat/bone composition. That report will then be submitted with other medical documents for a waiver. How your Med group handles getting the information and more accurate body composition numbers for the waiver seems to be up to individual med groups. Waivers get sent up to whoever handles those. 

Reports I’ve gotten are that people are getting denied if they are in fact “high risk” 

16 hours ago, viper154 said:

Because a 5 gallon bucket full of muscle does in fact weigh more that a 5 gallon bucket full of fat. It’s pretty self explaining that a pound of something = a pound of something. 

You completely missed the entire point of the conversation to contribute absolutely nothing to be a smart ass. 

Break Break

Follow up to the original poster-local policy given was that individuals must self identify their BMI, if they fall over 30 they are to get a in person assessment to get laser scanned or water tanked or whatever the process is to determine their true muscle/fat/bone composition. That report will then be submitted with other medical documents for a waiver. How your Med group handles getting the information and more accurate body composition numbers for the waiver seems to be up to individual med groups. Waivers get sent up to whoever handles those. 

Reports I’ve gotten are that people are getting denied if they are in fact “high risk” 

So all I need to do to avoid a 365 is get really fat?

4 hours ago, pawnman said:

So all I need to do to avoid a 365 is get really fat?

Probably want to sprinkle in a little something else as well just to be safe, but the fatter the better. I was talking with a non ops CC that had about 50% of his squadrons waivers get denied. There was no feed back on what caused some to get approved and some denied. 

We're about to head out the door and our leadership hasn't heard a thing about it.   I'm wondering if my waiver would get approved since I already had the rona a few weeks ago...

37 minutes ago, SocialD said:

We're about to head out the door and our leadership hasn't heard a thing about it.   I'm wondering if my waiver would get approved since I already had the rona a few weeks ago...

Having a prior positive Covid test was disqualifying on one of the memos, I can’t remember which one it was, there were several from organizations, so depending on where you are going it may or may not matter. Only justification the peanut gallery sitting around the office could think of was that for some people COVID does some long term damage. I would assume if you were asymptotic or have no other issues you would be fine, but you know what happens with assumptions, especially in a government organization.

Couple caveats, I got about 10 million things going on and most of this is way above my level,  and probably the levels of most the people on here, just relaying what’s getting pushed down and info Im getting off of being CCd on these emails. Also, a lot of our guidance is coming from outside the normal big blue channels, as the people we work for and places we go don’t usually involve places with 12,000ft runways and 69,000 useless “support” bodies. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe it’s a Joint Effort. Good for Joint Badges, we don’t need no stinking badges. It’s definitely the original “Red Dawn” poster, but 29s instead of Hind’s (fake, but a very good effort at the time). AK’s raised in the air - Wolverines. Sorry, got nostalgic there. Not for the Cold War, but for the era where the majority of folks looked good and kept their sh*t together. 

21 minutes ago, AirGuardianC141747 said:

Maybe it’s a Joint Effort. Good for Joint Badges, we don’t need no stinking badges. It’s definitely the original “Red Dawn” poster, but 29s instead of Hind’s (fake, but a very good effort at the time). AK’s raised in the air - Wolverines. Sorry, got nostalgic there. Not for the Cold War, but for the era where the majority of folks looked good and kept their sh*t together. 

Black Girl Wat Blank Meme Template - Imgflip

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, AirGuardianC141747 said:

So using Soviet weapons on an American political ad is "keeping your shit together" and "looking good"?

What the hell are you talking about?

On 9/12/2020 at 2:16 PM, viper154 said:

Probably want to sprinkle in a little something else as well just to be safe, but the fatter the better. I was talking with a non ops CC that had about 50% of his squadrons waivers get denied. There was no feed back on what caused some to get approved and some denied. 

Good news everyone...20 points for the waist measurement is automatic!  Now you can get really fat to avoid the 365, while not getting punished for failing a PT test.

Win-win.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure that flight sim recording is meant to reference this real event from a couple weeks ago.

Edited by FourFans130
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pawnman said:

So using Soviet weapons on an American political ad is "keeping your shit together" and "looking good"?

What the hell are you talking about?

2 Parts to my response. 1st -  Being sarcastic that it might be a Joint Service Ad, kidding of course, Joint Badge if you have ever seen one which was another hint. 2nd It just seemed reminiscent of the 80s MOVIE “Red Dawn” and it’s artwork/posters if you will. Americans, AK-47s, Hinds vs Mig-29s or whatever..... So THERE is where I transitioned from the stupid current ad to the somewhat Good OL Days if you will. No further connections—>  I was just recalling how much more a tense environment (Cold War, you pick whatever period) in the 80s when people looked good (suits/polos, etc. Yeah, Some flash in there as well) but no pants hanging down just above your knees @ss out, tattoos on your face, majority of women sporting tattoos (at least choose wisely) as well as on their face, etc. Look at the selfie response, while funny it definitely portrays a lot of today’s lack of living your potential unless it’s off the hard work of your parents. 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s,  kept their sh*t together despite 2 Big boys possibly going Nuke centric, they never fell to the ground, wept/cried/whined like so many during their elections back and forth Dem/Repub. Granted, I will say it’s not a generic Presidency, but it sure did knock the rust off the dormant anti-USA and those perceived as snakes are definitely out if the tall grass not hiding now and most definitely not keeping their sh*t together. Definitely not Presidential per previous definitions, but this was the work of one person and how much skin did he get under. 

Don’t be CNN, ABC or whatever and mash things together unless you just didn’t understand the reference exactly as it’s typed: “Not for the Cold War, but for the era where the majority of folks looked good and kept their sh*t together.” 

And I will apologize for not being crystal, ultra clear. Now you might have a better idea with some thought or timeframe experience.
I have included a much more insightful pic to what I was mentioning. No real reading required.

A88EC7BF-C9E7-43C5-9C6D-AF014C991166.png

Edited by AirGuardianC141747

bro, this is baseops...I think you're looking for www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

also, not a selfie. :beer: 

Edited by Day Man
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Day Man said:

bro, this is baseops...I think you're looking for www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

Excellent Advice, good stuff right there. See myself a Nick Offerman type/ Or at least Bacon obsessed. Appreciate the link. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, Day Man said:

That’s no selfie, that’s the Day Man, fighter of the Night Man, Champion of the Sun. He’s a master of karate and friendship for everyone.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:08 PM, AirGuardianC141747 said:

2 Parts to my response. 1st -  Being sarcastic that it might be a Joint Service Ad, kidding of course, Joint Badge if you have ever seen one which was another hint. 2nd It just seemed reminiscent of the 80s MOVIE “Red Dawn” and it’s artwork/posters if you will. Americans, AK-47s, Hinds vs Mig-29s or whatever..... So THERE is where I transitioned from the stupid current ad to the somewhat Good OL Days if you will. No further connections—>  I was just recalling how much more a tense environment (Cold War, you pick whatever period) in the 80s when people looked good (suits/polos, etc. Yeah, Some flash in there as well) but no pants hanging down just above your knees @ss out, tattoos on your face, majority of women sporting tattoos (at least choose wisely) as well as on their face, etc. Look at the selfie response, while funny it definitely portrays a lot of today’s lack of living your potential unless it’s off the hard work of your parents. 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s,  kept their sh*t together despite 2 Big boys possibly going Nuke centric, they never fell to the ground, wept/cried/whined like so many during their elections back and forth Dem/Repub. Granted, I will say it’s not a generic Presidency, but it sure did knock the rust off the dormant anti-USA and those perceived as snakes are definitely out if the tall grass not hiding now and most definitely not keeping their sh*t together. Definitely not Presidential per previous definitions, but this was the work of one person and how much skin did he get under. 

Don’t be CNN, ABC or whatever and mash things together unless you just didn’t understand the reference exactly as it’s typed: “Not for the Cold War, but for the era where the majority of folks looked good and kept their sh*t together.” 

And I will apologize for not being crystal, ultra clear. Now you might have a better idea with some thought or timeframe experience.
I have included a much more insightful pic to what I was mentioning. No real reading required.

A88EC7BF-C9E7-43C5-9C6D-AF014C991166.png

From the "Minutia department"  The AK's in the poster reference the Wolverines, and their captured (from the Rooskies) weapons.

Who will dig up a poster for the Sequal?  You know, that Fat Kid's country, was the bad guy.

21 hours ago, GrndPndr said:

Who will dig up a poster for the Sequal?  You know, that Fat Kid's country, was the bad guy.

This one? 🤣🤣 🤣

The Interview (2014) | Cinemorgue Wiki | Fandom

Yes, it's in German; but everything's funnier in German! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2