slacker

WTF? (**NSFW**)

55 minutes ago, herkbum said:

I heard they are facing an FEB this coming Monday. Sounds like the USN means business. 

If true, this could make an appearance in the conversation going on in the "Being masculine is bad" thread.  An FEB for this, really....better do something visible!  Hope this is just some bad rumor being floated.  

Sir, I was trying out a figure 8 cap, committed down track, red air drug, I aborted and returned to the hold.  

1 hour ago, herkbum said:

I heard they are facing an FEB this coming Monday. Sounds like the USN means business. 

Should be front page Navy times with an update on pilot manning crisis below the fold.

Unconfirmed word is that it was the skipper: CDR “Tess” Stickles. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Unconfirmed word is that it was the skipper: CDR “Tess” Stickles. 

Confirmed- it’s actually “Tess” Tickle. One of ours was a RAG IP with him. 

Edited by herkbum

9 hours ago, herkbum said:

#1.  The USN does not have FEBs, they have Field Naval Aviator Evaluation Boards (FNAEBs).

#2.  If a FNAEB was decided upon, organized, and scheduled to begin less than 5 days after an event, that would be an unprecedented accomplishment for any bureaucracy.  A competent attorney would have a field day defending someone who was being railroaded on that timetable.  In the AF, there are multiple stops along the timeline that makes initiating an FEB in much less than 60-90 days nearly impossible.

Edited by Hacker
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hacker said:

#1.  The USN does not have FEBs, they have Field Naval Aviator Evaluation Boards (FNAEBs).

#2.  If a FNAEB was decided upon, organized, and scheduled to begin less than 5 days after an event, that would be an unprecedented accomplishment for any bureaucracy.  A competent attorney would have a field day defending someone who was being railroaded on that timetable.  In the AF, there are multiple stops along the timeline that makes initiating an FEB in much less than 60-90 days nearly impossible.

Whatever they call it, I was told this has CNO interest/oversight

10 hours ago, herkbum said:

Yep. It met a few criteria/areas of interest on the "board". 

ATIS

11 hours ago, Smokin said:

All the better for the pilots if the Navy goes top rope.  Undue command influence should be an easy sell.

Remember, the term is unlawful command influence.  I think many senior level officials don't think about the second-order effects of opening their mouths when this type of "high vis" thing comes up. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, herkbum said:

I happen to have a little knowledge of an FEB in the AF that had substantial CSAF interest a couple years ago, and it took 90 days to actually begin the board proceedings.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I happen to have a little knowledge of an FEB in the AF that had substantial CSAF interest a couple years ago, and it took 90 days to actually begin the board proceedings.
Yeah, but 89 of those days were spent arguing about the difference between an aileron roll and a barrel roll.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hacker said:

Copy cat...

upside-down-in-boeing-dash-.jpg

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:29 AM, HeloDude said:

You're defending the argument for more gun control while not defending the argument for zero gun control...so yes, you're a progressive.  When you start acting like a libertarian then I'll believe you're a libertarian.  

Someone has to play devil's advocate in this circle jerk of conservatism. What good is a debate if everyone is arguing the same points?

56 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Source?

I think the link was on Pinterest or Etsy in our Tac Chat.