WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't find the WTH thread. Can a mod please move this there if there is one please?

I'm curious on you guys opinion regarding this matter. As an independent, this scenario pisses me off. The left gets away with far too much.

Cillizza: So, we have a Republican representative calling immigration officials to get rid of protesters. And then saying he was assaulted by two Democratic representatives. Can you walk us through what happened? Or what we know?

Ramshaw: Amid this protest, we now know that an angry Republican state representative, Matt Rinaldi of Irving, Texas, told some of his Hispanic Democratic colleagues that he had called US Immigration and Customs Enforcement on the protesters -- believing that some of them were undocumented immigrants. This statement led to a tussle on the House floor, and while we couldn't hear what was said, lawmakers on both sides accused the other of threatening violence.

Rinaldi says a Democratic lawmaker, Poncho Nevarez of Eagle Pass, Texas, "threatened my life." He said he was "pushed, jostled and someone threatened to kill me."

Nevarez told our reporters he did put his hands on Rinaldi, but that he was never going to "shoot the guy." He tweeted that Rinaldi was "a liar and a hateful man."

In a press conference after the skirmish, another Democratic lawmaker, state Rep. Justin Rodriguez of San Antonio, said he heard Rinaldi threaten to "put a bullet in one of my colleagues' heads." Rinaldi didn't dispute that but said he was speaking in self-defense.

Fox reported this a little differently. Anyway, if you put your hands on someone then threaten to follow them out to their car and they tell you they have something for you. You should cease and desist. Consider that as your warning from a concealed gun owner in the great state of Texas. I don't see independents or Republicans putting their hands on people. Probably 92% of the residents in Texas will agree with what the Republican representative did at the time.

I love the laws in Texas. You want to rob an elderly person, you risk getting blown away because everyone is packing heat.

Edited by hatedont

I find it interesting everyone think's Texans are all packing heat, the Arizona gun laws are MUCH less restrictive.  We don't need a permit/license to open and conceal carry at all.  And I know everyone is pretty much packing.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, matmacwc said:

I find it interesting everyone think's Texans are all packing heat, the Arizona gun laws are MUCH less restrictive.  We don't need a permit/license to open and conceal carry at all.  And I know everyone is pretty much packing.

Californians like to talk about seceding but could never protect themselves. If Texans seceded, we actually have the means and weaponry to repeal adversaries and protect ourselves. Remember the Alamo! 

5 hours ago, hatedont said:

Californians like to talk about seceding but could never protect themselves. If Texans seceded, we actually have the means and weaponry to repeal adversaries and protect ourselves. Remember the Alamo! 

Not yet. Nearly every violent revolution in recent history has been a leftist movement to overthrow the rich. Some of them will start to see guns a means to enact their brand of facism. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hatedont said:

...we actually have the means and weaponry to repeal adversaries and protect ourselves...

...until the Active Duty military is forced to secede from Texas.

...assuming of course that repealing adversaries is similar to repelling them...

9 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

...until the Active Duty military is forced to secede from Texas.

...assuming of course that repealing adversaries is similar to repelling them...

I spelled facets as faucets the other day. It's either my old age or I can just blame technology. But yes, repelling....

On 5/30/2017 at 5:28 PM, hatedont said:

You mean that time that insurgents holed up in a building originally constructed to serve as a base for the crusade to convert Native Americans to Roman Catholicism only to be summarily slaughtered down to the last man by the Mexican Army?  I don't think that makes the point you're trying to make.

But if it makes you feel any better, I wholeheartedly support Texas secession and would volunteer my time to put up a 30 foot wall on the Texas-U.S. border beginning the day after the secession.  That's one wall construction project I could get behind.

Edited by Mark1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Texas has better morales than a lot of the country. Even trying to compare California to Texas is like taking wood shop from a guy with missing fingers. You just can't do it. California is the more obvious choice to leave this country. Their values are in stark contrast to the rest of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Texas has better morales than a lot of the country. Even trying to compare California to Texas is like taking wood shop from a guy with missing fingers. You just can't do it. California is the more obvious choice to leave this country. Their values are in stark contrast to the rest of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

These generally sweeping polarizing stereotypes are so absurd.  Have you never spent any time in the Central Valley of California?  It is Texas with mountains to the east.  Have you ever spent any time in Austin or Dallas? They are similar to California cities just with no ocean.  I have lived in both states (among the 16 I have resided in) and they are my two favorite behind my home state of Oregon.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Termy said:

Have you never spent any time in the Central Valley of California?  It is Texas with mountains to the east.  Have you ever spent any time in Austin or Dallas? They are similar to California cities just with no ocean. 

Ouch... As a native Texan, hearing this makes me cringe. Growing up in the Dallas area and college in central Texas, I have a much different opinion.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Heavywanabe said:

Ouch... As a native Texan, hearing this makes me cringe. Growing up in the Dallas area and college in central Texas, I have a much different opinion.   

Maybe you haven't been to Austin lately...

8 minutes ago, BFM this said:

Maybe you haven't been to Austin lately...

I was there last weekend actually. If you minus the 50k college students and all the drifting "artist" I think its very much like the rest of Texas. Now iv'e been in the Midwest the past couple years so maybe i'm in denial, but lets all just agree that the Midwest is a crap hole to say the least..

• Upvote 1