WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Napoleon's 'death mask' on auction

2013-05-17T145320Z_1920817084_LM1E95H15AU01_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN.JPG

Nothing like owning a piece of history, even if it's a bit on the macabre side. Like a death mask, let's say? The mask was made shortly after Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte's death on the island of St Helena on May 5, 1821, and will be auctioned on June 19.

It's expected to sell for between $60,000-90,000.

Cheers! M2

Any LPAs out there planning to figure out a way to have the Napoleon Death Mask hanging in their squadron bar?

• Upvote 1

Nightclub dancer tells of Berlusconi parties

...The nightclub dancer at the centre of the sex trial of Silvio Berlusconi, the former Italian prime minister, has told a court that guests at the media tycoon's "bunga bunga" parties dressed as nuns, nurses and US President Barack Obama....

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/05/2013518796122217.html

A China Air 747 dropped chunks of its airframe across Georgia; the debris landed in a lady's house and a Walmart parking lot.

Maybe this was actually a flight test to confirm the effectiveness of the J-20's secret weapon: the ability to arbitrarily jettison random parts of itself across enemy territory. Time will tell.

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. —

Federal authorities are investigating why pieces of a 747 cargo plane crashed into the woman's house Sunday afternoon.

The woman lives on Newton Estate Drive in Clayton County, along a direct flight path to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

Another piece of the plane landed at a Walmart on Anvil Block Road, just a couple of miles away.

Channel 2's Tony Thomas watched as mechanics and inspectors canvassed the right wing of the plane Wednesday night, replacing the 20-foot section that ripped off.

Homeowner Pamela Ware told Thomas she's thankful she survived after part of that wing hit her house.

"And boom! I was like, 'Huh?' Actually, I hit the floor," Ware said. "If it had landed in here because that is just Sheetrock, it would have… oh boy, I wouldn't be no good."

She showed Thomas pictures she took of the chunk that she said put two holes in her roof before bouncing into the yard.

She took Thomas into the attic to see the splintered rafters and holes that were left behind.

Ware was lucky in more ways than one. Authorities said a 20-foot section of the plane crashed into the parking lot in front of a Walmart. No one was hurt.

Federal investigators told Thomas the 747 cargo plane coming from Anchorage was about 5 miles east of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport when a piece of the right wing flap ripped off, breaking into at least two pieces and potentially damaging the aircraft body.

The pilot declared an emergency and landed safely at the airport. Thomas was told by Boeing and China Airlines, inspectors are on site as the jet sits just off Hartsfield's runways.

Ware has now spent several sleepless nights, wondering who's going to pay for her repairs and when the next piece might drop.

"I just keep thinking of what could have happened," Ware said.

Federal investigators now have taken those pieces of the wing flap as part of their investigation. Thomas tried reaching China Airlines several times Wednesday but received no answer.

From another forum:

925ca8be-299c-4c0e-8375-5d6c97916bce_630_plussize_swim.jpg

Who says you have to be a size 2 to wear a bikini? This summer's wildly popular swimsuit is made specifically for fuller figures. One in particular is such a hot commodity that it's selling out even before the official start of swimsuit season. The highly anticipated launch of the collaboration between plus-size blogger Gabi Gregg and retailer Swimsuits For All went off with a bang last week but sputtered as the company failed to keep up with the unexpected demand for Gregg's galaxy-print bikini, a style dubbed the "fatkini."

"I didn't come up with the term 'fatkini' it's been a buzzword in the body-positive community for a while," Gregg told Yahoo! Shine. "There's definitely a momentum building for body acceptance and lots of online support for women of all body types these days."

Gregg, a renowned blogger in the plus-size world, rose to fame after she posted photos of herself hanging poolside in Las Vegas wearing a black-and-white-striped bikini. She wrote, "I don't expect everyone to feel comfortable in a two piece, but hopefully I can inspire some of you to take the plunge. I can't tell you how freeing it is to just have fun without worrying about what other people think." Cut to a "Today" show interview and a monthly column about plus-size fashion for InStyle magazine and Gregg has become a plus-size inspiration to many, with a huge following on her personal style blog, GabiFresh.

When Gregg's swimsuits (which range from sizes 10 to 24) went on sale May 15, Twitter was awash with excitement. But after orders were processed for the galaxy bikini (pictured), some buyers received disappointing news: Due to a computer glitch, and overwhelming demand, some who were sent confirmation emails would not receive the item. Cue Twitter devastation. @reetherealist tweeted, "Just got an email from #SwimSuitsForAll that my suit is back ordered. How was I even able to put it in my cart and pay?"

Two days later, Gregg posted an email from Swimsuits For All on her Facebook page reassuring consumers that a jewel-print bikini was being restocked after the initial rush but that "the galaxy bikini is completely sold out." The statement continues: "As you know we produced in less than three months domestically and it will simply take too much time/be too expensive to start making more suits—and unfortunately the swim season will be over. As far as people getting some emails about back orders, there are a small portion of customers that will not receive the galaxy bikini that ordered it. The suits were selling so quickly that the inventory levels were moving so fast the system was not able to capture that it was sold out until a bit too late and continued accepting orders.”

However, customers weren't having it. Wrote one, "The fact that they are not restocking the galaxy print bikini is depressing! && bad business … why stop selling a fantastic product that has sold out?! ordered mine at 830am day of launch and got a email yesterday that they cancelled my order .. so sad!"

Kellie Brown, a spokesperson for Swimsuits For All, told Yahoo! Shine, "Unfortunately, due to the high demand of this one swimsuit and the temporary computer glitch, the system oversold the style. Swimsuits For All immediately emailed and called each customer and apologized for the error, offered them a 25 percent discount if they desired another style, and let them know that their cards were not charged for anything they didn't receive."

For now, Gabi Gregg fans can still purchase her remaining styles (all for $68) on the company site: A neon pink or green "convertible" bikini (its top can be worn as either a halter style or as a bandeau and the bottoms can be high-waisted, bikini cut, or skirted); a "Jewel Side Sheered" one-piece with an empire waist, and, a sheer coverup with galaxy-print for those mourning the bikini.

Gregg doesn't have immediate plans to design more bathing suits with Swimsuits For All but she's optimistic. "I would definitely love to and hope to do more," she says. Here are her three tips for rocking a bathing suit, no matter what size you are:

Be comfortable: "Don't worry so much about the size of your suit. How it fits is way more important."

Choose a suit with options: "You don't have to stick with one swimsuit or spend a lot of money on various styles. Choose one that gives you options, such as a convertible, so you can play with different looks."

Don't hide in your coverup: "Coverups have a tendency to look frumpy, so make sure you choose one that's sheer or has a flattering cut. And don't wear it while you sunbathe; otherwise, you'll look awkward and draw attention to what you're trying to not show."

Edited by Buddy Spike

I almost debated on starting a new thread for this one, but I guess this is as good of place as any...

Making a sex tape a crime for troops, court rules

Apparently you can have sex with whoever you want (ie dudes can bang other dudes), but videotaping it, even for your own personal use, is “both prejudicial to good order and discipline and service discrediting.”...even though it's legal as a civilian.

And here I was hoping that additional benefits from the repeal of DADT was that the military finally didn't care what we did in our bedrooms as long as it wasn't illegal...in the sense that as long as you don't break civilian laws (just like the argument for the repeal of DADT), nobody cares what you do in your own bedroom. Guess not.

...this is the only part of the article that confuses me:

The court found that making a sex tape is an “indecent act” because it involves “open and notorious” sexual acts. The court defined “open and notorious” as allowing a third person to be present and watch.

Does this mean that it's only in violation if somebody else, ie a 3rd person views/films the act, as in the case with this former NCO? Or did the court refer to the 'film' being made as the non-existant 3rd person? The later is what I'm thinking.

Either way, one thing is clear: Think twice about turning on the camera when banging BQZip's mom.

Gross...but worthy of a lawsuit? The guy was convicted criminally.

Teen sues United Airlines for Failing to Stop Masturbator

— A Los Angeles teenager announced on Thursday that she was suing United Airlines, claiming she was subjected to a male passenger touching himself on a recent flight.

Monica Amestoy, 18, said it happened last October on her flight back to Los Angeles after participating in a high school debate tournament in New York.

“After we took off, the guy on the aisle seat across from me started masturbating and exposing himself while staring at me,” Amestoy said.

Amestoy, who was 17 at the time, said she was terrified and disgusted, and immediately told a flight attendant.

“I thought he would tell the man to stop or move. He did neither. The flight attendant told me that he couldn’t move me because there were no seats available in my class,” Amestoy said.

She said that, despite her repeated complaints to the flight crew, she was subjected to the man’s sexual behavior for the entire 6-hour flight.

Amestoy said the man concealed his behavior from other passengers with a blanket, and the only time he would stop was when a flight attendant was near.

After the flight landed at LAX, Amestoy was picked up by her father, who called authorities when they arrived at home.

The male passenger was later convicted for his lewd actions.

Amestoy and her parents then hired attorney Gloria Allred, who filed a lawsuit against the airline.

“We have filed this lawsuit and are speaking out because we want United to have a clear policy that they implement to protect victim passengers in the future,” Allred said.

The airline should report anyone who engages in sexual misconduct to law enforcement before the offender leaves the plane, Allred said.

United Airlines issued the following statement in response to the lawsuit:

“The comfort and security of our customers is our top priority, and we will closely review this complaint when we receive it.”

http://patdollard.com/2013/05/teen-sues-united-for-failing-to-stop-masturbator/