WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Until I clicked on the link, I thought you were talking about the MSNBC promo that's gone viral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3qtpdSQox0

Looks like she has "clarified" her statements.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/13/melissa-harris-perry-i-stand-by-kids-belong-to-whole-communities-msnbc-promo/

“I stand by that statement. Families have first and primary responsibility for their children. The private sphere of our homes and families deserves great deference in policy and in practice…but I believe our children are not our private property, they are not just extensions of ourselves. They are independent, individual beings.”

“This is about whether we as a society, expressing our collective will through our public institutions, including our government, have a right to impinge on individual freedoms in order to advance a common good. And that is exactly the fight that we have been having for a couple hundred years,”

I'm sorry my kids belong to me, not my neighborhood, the government or anyone else on this planet, I will raise them how I see fit, and you can keep you collective, communist bullshit for your kids and anyone else who doesn't have balls to take responsibility for their actions. :flipoff:

• Upvote 2

Looks like she has "clarified" her statements.

http://www.theblaze....es-msnbc-promo/

I'm sorry my kids belong to me, not my neighborhood, the government or anyone else on this planet, I will raise them how I see fit, and you can keep you collective, communist bullshit for your kids and anyone else who doesn't have balls to take responsibility for their actions. :flipoff:

So by clarifying.. she said the exact same thing again and in a worse manner.

Michele Bachmann, enough said.

Jesus Fuckin' Christ... does she not see the damn cameras in the room? And she's on the Senate Intelligence Committee?

Keep electing 'em tea partiers. I'm sure they'll do great things for us one day.

Jesus Fuckin' Christ... does she not see the damn cameras in the room? And she's on the Senate Intelligence Committee?

Keep electing 'em tea partiers. I'm sure they'll do great things for us one day.

Seriously dude? Do we need to go down the list of no-brain democrats? Lets start from the top...Gaffe-a-day Biden, fienstien, McCarthy (barrel shroud lady), and of course the idiot worried about Okinawa capsizing. Not saying republicans don't occasionally say dumb stuff but I think the dems have the market cornered.

• Upvote 3

Seriously dude? Do we need to go down the list of no-brain democrats? Lets start from the top...Gaffe-a-day Biden, fienstien, McCarthy (barrel shroud lady), and of course the idiot worried about Okinawa capsizing. Not saying republicans don't occasionally say dumb stuff but I think the dems have the market cornered.

Gaffes are not state secrets in a public forum. Btw it was Guam, not Okinawa.

Edited by Vertigo

I don't think either party has a monopoly on dumb politicians. Our biggest problem is that we keep re-electing the same politicians, even when the overall approval rating is in the single digits.

• Upvote 1

I don't think either party has a monopoly on dumb politicians. Our biggest problem is that we keep re-electing the same politicians, even when the overall approval rating is in the single digits.

Concur, with one caveat. Our biggest problem is that our society, in general, is gullible/ignorant enough to keep electing the same politicians. It reeks of the definition of insanity...keep doing the same thing with the expectation of a different outcome.

• Upvote 1

Concur, with one caveat. Our biggest problem is that our society, in general, is gullible/ignorant enough to keep electing the same politicians. It reeks of the definition of insanity...keep doing the same thing with the expectation of a different outcome.

Gullible/ignorant ? Why should anyone care about who's in Congress? As long as the entitlement checks flow to

purchase votes. Collective, organized Lemmings

• Upvote 3

Naturally. C'mon, everyone knows that Okinawa has outriggers designed to keep it from capsizing. Guam should take a hard look at installing those....

The outridders were already budgeted and approved for installation but the project got axed with the sequester. In the meantime, Guamanian officials will need to adhere to strict weight and balance guidelines to prevent an out of balance situation and subsequent island overcenter conditions.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_m1qjc0a6Mn1r3jsrko1_500.jpg

I know they were trying to make a point, but you really don't need to post it behind a headline like that.

Anyone with half an IQ point who has seen all of the coverage and has an elementary understanding of law enforcement is probably leaning towards a domestic individual, anyway. Let the professionals do their jobs and keep the politics out of it until the crime is solved.

This is more of a HOLY CRAP! than a WTF, but I couldn't find a better thread for it. The attached video is a first-hand recording of the explosion today in West, TX. A guy pulled his truck over to iPhone record a building that was on fire. Then it explodes.

On a side note, West, TX is a favorite little town for my family. Any time we're driving from Dallas to Austin on I35, we stop at the Czech Stop there for Kolaches. Some of the nicest people and wonderful food. The families of that small town who were affected by this tragedy are in my prayers tonight.

Edited by HU&W
  • Upvote 1

This is more of a HOLY CRAP! than a WTF, but I couldn't find a better thread for it. The attached video is a first-hand recording of the explosion today in West, TX. A guy pulled his truck over to iPhone record a building that was on fire. Then it explodes.

On a side note, West, TX is a favorite little town for my family. Any time we're driving from Dallas to Austin on I35, we stop at the Czech Stop there for Kolaches. Some of the nicest people and wonderful food. The families of that small town who were affected by this tragedy are in my prayers tonight.

Holy shit is right!

Copy. Didn't see it there at around midnight last night when I posted. I can delete from here if you want to consolidate there.

No worries, it's not like it was its own thread or anything. The mere fact that video made the news tells me the person who took it--and more importantly, the child(ren) in the vehicle with him--survived!

my_anus_is_bleeding_by_kuradesu-d3f1676.jpg