WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

He should just ask the chick that did the vocals for the video...

photo.jpg

Yeah, go ugly early. Seriously though, let's just hope he doesn't do something to piss her off and make her hate everyone in the military, like just about every other girl who lives within 50 miles of any UPT base.

Some of this just sounds extremely wrong...

First things first: Get your degrees in order

Commentary by Chief Master Sgt. David Brinkley

451st Air Expeditionary Wing Public Affairs

10/4/2012 - KANDAHAR AIRFIELD, Afghanistan (AFNS) -- In 1972 the Community College of the Air Force was established by the Air Force Chief of Staff, General John D. Ryan.

Four years later, President Gerald Ford authorized the Air Force, by law, to confer the associate degree. The CCAF was accredited in the start of 1977 and by the spring of that same year it awarded its first Associates of Applied Science degree.

This year the CCAF is expected to award the 400,000th AAS degree since the college's establishment. This is milestone stands as an impressive achievement for the college and a testament to the character of the men and women who make up our enlisted corps.

Unfortunately, some view the CCAF as a degree mill and discount the value of the degree.

Frankly, the investments toward the professional development of our own Airmen can't be matched by any corporation or any other service - it's foolish to undermine the efforts of nearly half a million Airmen.

Our enlisted corps is a highly-motivated, well-educated force, and the numbers back it up.

According to official records as of this month, within 412,000 Airmen serving in the Air Force you will find 77,343 with associate degrees, 29,487 with a bachelor's, 5,090 master's degrees, and 88 who have reached the highest academic levels and have earned a doctorate or professional degree.

As we continue to challenge our enlisted corps to chase educational goals, they will continue to reach more educational milestones; however for some the accomplishment of their AAS through the CCAF takes a backseat as they pursue their own interests. As a result, these well-meaning Airmen have their educational goals operating in reverse.

How do we keep them focused on the importance of completing their CCAF first?

From personal experience, I've reviewed countless Enlisted Performance Reports and award nominations that highlight a member's progress towards a baccalaureate degree. At first glance this looks great, balancing school and work isn't easy but upon further review many have not completed their CCAF degree.

This tells me the member is more focused on their personal goals than taking care of the Air Force's fundamental educational expectations. Some leaders offer guidance and encourage their subordinates to transfer their baccalaureate degree courses to CCAF so they get credit. But again, this is another step that reinforces the notion that the CCAF should be an afterthought and not at the forefront.

The comments are pretty interesting/entertaining too. Most of the commenters are just blasting the author for this advice.

This tells me the member is more focused on their personal goals than taking care of the Air Force's fundamental educational expectations.

:vomit:

This tells me the member is more focused on their personal goals than taking care of the Air Force's fundamental educational expectations. Some leaders offer guidance and encourage their subordinates to transfer their baccalaureate degree courses to CCAF so they get credit. But again, this is another step that reinforces the notion that the CCAF should be an afterthought and not at the forefront.

Damn straight! They should be focused on personal goals. The Crunchy Chicken And Fries degree is like a mini version AAD on the officer side. Just cause some guy CLEP'd some classes don't make him a better crew chief, bomb loader candlestick maker. Yes, a bachelor’s degree should be the ultimate goal for those E’s perusing a degree. For The CCAF is a joke and worthless outside the Air Force. A guy could have a PhD in quantum physics but it don’t mean sh*t to Big Blue without a CCAF in their job. Believe me, having a CCAF don’t mean dick other than brownie points for quarterly awards or promotion to E-8/9. This guy is a total tool.

EDIT: To a bigger font so old guys with short arms could read it.

Edited by Stitch

Same here...

Walmart flubs 'Bronies' shirt, 'My Little Pony' fan explains meaning of 'Brony'

6e0834884018a0dec061d493d338.png

A t-shirt on the shelves of Walmart has caused an uproar among a vast community of young American men who deem it to be inaccurate, irresponsible and, frankly, a mockery of something they know and passionately love.

The shirt in question features images of Firefly, Posey, and Applejack — characters from the classic 80s cartoon popular among girls, "My Little Pony." So why would something like this offend thousands of teenage or 20-something men?

Meet the Bronies — a predominantly adult male fan base that avidly follows "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic," a 2010 re-launch of the "My Little Pony" series.

The Walmart t-shirt reads "I love Bronies" and features ponies from the 80s version of the cartoon, not the more modern series and its new characters, which are responsible for igniting the Bronies fandom.

"This is the biggest fail in history," one Brony said of the shirt in a comment thread on Equestria Daily, a website entirely dedicated to Bronies.

To understand this anger, one must first understand what it means to be a Brony. The rapidly-growing subculture baffles those on the outside and is often labeled as creepy. Bronies consistently battle stereotypes that they are gay, perverted or immature virgins who live in their parents' basements and dedicate their lives to a little girl's cartoon.

"I think it's sad people think that," Adam Atlas, a 22-year-old student at Fullerton College in California, told Metro. "Admittedly, I thought it was weird and stupid when I first heard about it, but I pretty much did a complete 180-degree turn on that."

That's a common theme among countless fans who never expected they'd too become Bronies after watching their first episode.

"I thought, 'Hey this is pretty good. I will watch another episode.' And then I thought, 'Hey that’s pretty good, too.' So then I watched another, and another," Atlas said.

What is it about this show that converts young men (and some women) into wildly loyal fans? For Atlas, and most other Bronies, it's the captivating animation, the appealing characters and the creative story-telling in teaching viewers simple life lessons, like don't judge a book by its cover.

"It's quality that you don’t see in a lot of shows these days, like in reality TV crap," Atlas explained. "What do you get from that?"

Atlas predicts the Bronies will become more accepted as the following, which already numbers in the hundreds of thousands, garners even more fans.

"It's kind of like what 'Star Trek' went through back in the 70s, but now people are perfectly fine with it," Atlas said. "It's kind of like growing pains."

Atlas ranks being a Brony as his third favorite fandom after 'Star Trek' and 'Phantom of the Opera', but before 'Harry Potter' and Disney. He spends at least a half hour each day looking at Brony sites like Ponychan. He likes to browse the thousands of pony artworks created by other Bronies or watch fan-based music videos. Though he said it's not always easy to find other fans to hang out with because many are "closet Bronies," he does plan to attend a Brony convention in L.A. in the coming weeks.

Atlas, a Brony since February, doesn't fully understand the fuss amongst Bronies over the Walmart shirt.

"It’s a pretty big screw up on [Walmart's] part, but also, it's just a shirt — get over it," he said.

While he made light of that particular situation, it was clear that Atlas takes his role in the Brony community extremely seriously in other respects — like the possibility of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" someday going off the air.

"That would be a loss to society," he said

To understand this anger, one must first understand what it means to be a Brony. The rapidly-growing subculture baffles those on the outside and is often labeled as creepy. Bronies consistently battle stereotypes that they are gay, perverted or immature virgins who live in their parents' basements and dedicate their lives to a little girl's cartoon.

They're battling that stereotype with me right now. If I see an adult male wearing a Bronies shirt, wandering around a school zone or a Chuck E. Cheese's, I'm calling the cops.

"Even after spitting it out, she allegedly felt what was described as a “foreign-body sensation in the oral cavity.”

That's got to be the quote of the year.

This is just one more reason to ensure your food is dead before you eat it.

There would be a dead squatter if that was me.

"Hello police, you need to come to my house...i came home, thought I was being robbed, felt threatened, and shot the perp....no, there isn't any rush, the perp is lying very still and will be here when you arrive....getting her opinion on the incident might be kind of tough!"

Cheers,

Cap-10

There would be a dead squatter if that was me.

"Hello police, you need to come to my house...i came home, thought I was being robbed, felt threatened, and shot the perp....no, there isn't any rush, the perp is lying very still and will be here when you arrive....getting her opinion on the incident might be kind of tough!"

Cheers,

Cap-10

Well, if you want to stay within the bounds of the law, just make it miserable to live there. Put a lock on the bathroom door. Play opera at the loudest level, and rest the speakers against her wall. Put a lock on the refrigerator. Change the locks on all the doors.

Eventually, this person has to leave the house. When they do, you don't let them back in. It's pretty simple.

Well, if you want to stay within the bounds of the law, just make it miserable to live there. Put a lock on the bathroom door. Play opera at the loudest level, and rest the speakers against her wall. Put a lock on the refrigerator. Change the locks on all the doors.

Eventually, this person has to leave the house. When they do, you don't let them back in. It's pretty simple.

Castle Doctine:

1) Owner didn't provoke the intrusion and is insider her house legally

2) Intruder is there illegally and made unlawful entry to the house

3) Owner reasonably believes the intruder intends to inflict bodily harm

Illinois does have castle law with no requirement to retreat...sounds within the bounds of law to me

What's to prevent the squatter from doing all the things you proposed back to the legal owner and her child? You do know the squatter changed the locks on the legal owner when she illegally moved in.

The real travesty is that the illegal squatter has more rights here and the proof of ownership is on the legal owner, who then has to get an eviction notice (30 days notice) that the squatter can then appeal.

A .45ACP and only one side to the story (mine) sounds much simpler!

Cheers,

Cap-10

• Upvote 1