WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I'll take the hit for this one. After shaving my dead mom's back hair, Huggy had no choice but to switch teams and start searching youtube for dick.

Bingo! I'm out! Leveling at FL700 and RTB.

Need to get home to my daughter,... and remind her to stay away from the internet in general,... and baseops.net in particular.

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 3

I feel like this belongs in this thread....

Myself and other 1Lts, with no force indicators (DUI, article 15 etc.), that have been out of UPT/Formal training for less than a year with no OPRs got passed over for captain...

I feel ilke this belongs in this thread....

Myself and other 1Lts, with no force indicators (DUI, article 15 etc.), that have been out of UPT/Formal training for less than a year with no OPRs got passed over for captain...

Can you describe the timeline that you made go over 3 years in the AF without getting an OPR? Yea, I never had an OPR as a 2LT but had 2 as a 1LT.

Can you describe the timeline that you made go over 3 years in the AF without getting an OPR? Yea, I never had an OPR as a 2LT but had 2 as a 1LT.

For what it's worth, I got passed over too. Had a 6 month wait to start nav school, pinned on 1Lt in Little Rock (6 mo), then had another 6 month FTU at my current base.

I had two 1Lts working for me who went up on this board. Neither had an OPR until I was assigned to write theirs this year with a close out the day before the board cutoff. There are other guys in the same boat in my Sq, and we have a decently quick IQT/MCT timeline.

Butters, I think the piece you are missing is that casual Lts, both before and after UPT are not given OPRs by some asinine policy. So, they show up to a flying unit and get their first one while the shoes already have two or three.

For what it's worth, I got passed over too. Had a 6 month wait to start nav school, pinned on 1Lt in Little Rock (6 mo), then had another 6 month FTU at my current base.

So you pinned on 1Lt in a year? That is a little fast don't you think.

Butters, I think the piece you are missing is that casual Lts, both before and after UPT are not given OPRs by some asinine policy. So, they show up to a flying unit and get their first one while the shoes already have two or three.

yea, I did the same thing. 6 Months casual no OPR. 1 yr UPT no OPR. C-21 training is very quick so I showed up to Yokota, still a 2lt with no OPR. Pinned on 1LT within a few months and got my first OPR as a 1LT, then another one before I pinned on Capt. Are the Capt boards meeting over a year out? If that is the case then a lot of pilots got screwed and is a WTF!

Please tell me this is a joke or that there is more to it.....at least tell me these guys banged the generals daughter (legal of course) or something like that just to make the story good.. Is that how far disconnected AFPC is that they are passing over bubbas who don't have enough OPRs because of the way the AFI requires OPRs/TRs are written? Can an O-6 not figure out that if an aircrew member who normally has 1.5 years of training reports isn't going to have 3 or 4 OPRs prior to their 'Captain board' (which is a joke in itself). I'm not surprised, I already knew we were in trouble...this is just more icing.

Lighten up man, the guy just got passed over for O3, you really need to jack him up?

No dude, trying to figure out how this happened, he already said it was a typo. So, you lighten up.

So, I guess the Air Force does no plan on promoting pilots. Like BitteEinBit said, are the boards to stupid to figure this out. Also, are the squadron to stupid to figure out they need to figure out a way to get these guys an OPR before the board? ThreeHoler's squadron figured it out.

Edited by Butters

Please tell me this is a joke or that there is more to it.....at least tell me these guys banged the generals daughter (legal of course) or something like that just to make the story good.. Is that how far disconnected AFPC is (YES!!) that they are passing over bubbas who don't have enough OPRs because of the way the AFI requires OPRs/TRs are written? Can an O-6 not figure out that if an aircrew member who normally has 1.5 years of training reports isn't going to have 3 or 4 OPRs prior to their 'Captain board' (which is a joke in itself). I'm not surprised, I already knew we were in trouble...this is just more icing (I couldn't agree more).

Don't worry the AF is doing the same thing they did in last years Majors Board. They are doing what they need to do short term but are screwing themselves in the long term. As one of the casualties of that board I have come to realize that all the hard work and dedication over the past 9+ years means exactly nothing to a bunch of "leaders" so far removed from the actual pulse of the AF, that I can't wait to see them choke on the mess that was created. Without going too far into details, the grass is already looking greener on the other side of the fence.

So what I'm trying to tell you is everything happens for the reason and this will be better for you in the long run.

cheers :beer:

Edited by Dead Last

I had two friends who showed up to the B-Course as Captains. There were quite a few who were Captains by the end of the B-course or shortly after arriving in their first ops squadron. None of them were prior rated...just had lots of casual and BIT (this was back when Eagles were breaking apart, Luke and DM were having mx issues).

My first OPR cover a year as a 1LT and half as a Capt...and I only had minor delays in training.

Edited by SocialD

I had two friends who showed up to the B-Course as Captains. There were quite a few who were Captains by the end of the B-course or shortly after arriving in their first ops squadron. None of them were prior rated...just had lots of casual and BIT (this was back when Eagles were breaking apart, Luke and DM were having mx issues).

My first OPR cover a year as a 1LT and half as a Capt...and I only had minor delays in training.

Well, if anyone reading this is on casual status, you might want to look into getting an OPR. Wonder how long it will be before the AF figures out the mistake. Yea, with any kind of BIT you could easily miss this board. I do not see how they can stop promoting pilots. So, how did the others make it? OPRs done after 120 days of supervision, or is everyone in the same boat and you just get arbitrarily screwed by where they draw the line?

So, I guess the Air Force does no plan on promoting pilots. Like BitteEinBit said, are the boards to stupid to figure this out. Also, are the squadron to stupid to figure out they need to figure out a way to get these guys an OPR before the board? ThreeHoler's squadron figured it out.

WTF? Are you too drunk to be coherent?

This is for you...

Tim-Tebow-On-a-Mission1.jpg

Jesus. So what happens to your UPT ADSC? LPA for 10 years?

Nope. Get passed over a second time, get out in 6 months.

Begs the question, when these passed-over LTs (how silly is that, btw?) meet their 1APZ board, will the board have any kind of instructions to deal with them in a common sense way, or are we really going to show that many guys the door (along w/ their rather expensive training)...?

My guess is they'll show them the door along with their rather expensive training....this is a numbers game. No one really cares about how much we spent to get them there. I go back to one of my original points about the new promotion opportunities for LTs and Capts....if the Air Force already knows the promotion opportunity (not selection rate) is less than 100%, then bring in that many less 2LTs for any given year group so the "opportunity" is 100%. There will be the normal attrition for those DUIs, Article 15s, and banging of the general's underage daughter that will bring the select rate to less than 100%...just like it was the decades before some unpolished shoe came up with this brilliant idea of a promotion board to Capt..

What sense does it make to bring in 3000 LTs knowing that only 95% will have the opportunity to make Capt. We are spending wasting money training these guys just to show them the door 3 years later. Really, what return on investment are you getting by doing it this way? If someone knows the answer, please enlighten me...I'm actually being serious and not sarcastic for once...

WTF? Are you too drunk to be coherent?

Well, yea. It's after 9 so I do not see a problem.

Honestly, seems like a dick move to pick on some guys that were not taken care of buy the system. These guys are right out of pilot training. Right, wrong, or indifferent I am sure the last thing on their mind showing up to a squadron is "when can I get my first OPR done".

Oh, and you had to go there with the Tebow thing!

Edited by Butters

It's cool. We'll just keep RIFing LT pilots, while paying out ever-larger retention bonuses to the Maj and LtCols. That's cost effective, right?

Or, not that I'm holding my breath here, we'll figure out that we've been undermanned on pilots for the better part of a decade and stop RIFing them.