WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Aren't all flight suits "pregnancy friendly" due to Velcro? At least Belcro, a terrible 18 WSO could attest to that when he got a callsign for being Bingo Velcro...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Let me say this first: I support diversity & inclusion. Some of the best officers and commanders I know aren't white males. Pick a race & sex combination and I've served with them. Personally, I'm also an advocate for girls in Boy Scouts of America and had all three of my daughters in BSA programs for the last decade...nothing against Girl Scouts, I just like the BSA programs (Boy Scouts, Venture Crews, Explorers) better.

Now...I think both sides have missed the point. POTUS was at the ceremony for the 2x women 4-Star Combatant Commander. Of course his speechwriter, like all speechwriters, was going to throw in something with wide-spectrum relevancy, so highlighting the pregnancy flightsuit and other uniform changes was on there. Based on the speed of government efficiency, I'm assuming that development started under the Trump administration. If you watch the entire segment, not just the Twitter clip, Tucker was making a comparison to China, which is going through the same issues the US is...and in a potential response, built up their navy to over 350 ships.

So Tucker, an opinion show, missed the point and tried to connect two data points that aren't directly obvious to fit his particular narrative. Who at MSNBC, CNN, print media hasn't done that?

But...so did SecDef and the rest of the Senior Military Leaders who commented. Or at least over-reacted IMO. It seemed like thy were punching down to me, and I'm not sure they would have been better off keeping their powder dry...but the reaction above "Fuck this elite, pandering piece of trash" seems to be the GO#1 for both sides of the aisle. Everyone has their Ego involved and no one is willing to realize they aren't 100% correct. Critical thinking has been abandoned. 

Again, this is just my opinion, but by responding so aggressively to this Tucker story, it's made it emotional on both sides of the argument. Every advancement for diversity in the ranks will be met with comparisons to China's growing military power. Every question will in-turn be viewed through the lens of regressive, "Neanderthal" thinking and disregarded and attacked.

A question for the SecDef, @17D_guy, and every one who agrees with him...did you have as much vitriol over RPA crews being called "baby killers" when they were listed as killing 1,700 civilians/400 kids? 

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/us-has-killed-thousands-people-lethal-drones#:~:text=According to the Bureau of,400 of whom were children.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GKinnear said:

Let me say this first: I support diversity & inclusion. Some of the best officers and commanders I know aren't white males. Pick a race & sex combination and I've served with them. Personally, I'm also an advocate for girls in Boy Scouts of America and had all three of my daughters in BSA programs for the last decade...nothing against Girl Scouts, I just like the BSA programs (Boy Scouts, Venture Crews, Explorers) better.

Now...I think both sides have missed the point. POTUS was at the ceremony for the 2x women 4-Star Combatant Commander. Of course his speechwriter, like all speechwriters, was going to throw in something with wide-spectrum relevancy, so highlighting the pregnancy flightsuit and other uniform changes was on there. Based on the speed of government efficiency, I'm assuming that development started under the Trump administration. If you watch the entire segment, not just the Twitter clip, Tucker was making a comparison to China, which is going through the same issues the US is...and in a potential response, built up their navy to over 350 ships.

So Tucker, an opinion show, missed the point and tried to connect two data points that aren't directly obvious to fit his particular narrative. Who at MSNBC, CNN, print media hasn't done that?

But...so did SecDef and the rest of the Senior Military Leaders who commented. Or at least over-reacted IMO. It seemed like thy were punching down to me, and I'm not sure they would have been better off keeping their powder dry...but the reaction above "Fuck this elite, pandering piece of trash" seems to be the GO#1 for both sides of the aisle. Everyone has their Ego involved and no one is willing to realize they aren't 100% correct. Critical thinking has been abandoned. 

Again, this is just my opinion, but by responding so aggressively to this Tucker story, it's made it emotional on both sides of the argument. Every advancement for diversity in the ranks will be met with comparisons to China's growing military power. Every question will in-turn be viewed through the lens of regressive, "Neanderthal" thinking and disregarded and attacked.

A question for the SecDef, @17D_guy, and every one who agrees with him...did you have as much vitriol over RPA crews being called "baby killers" when they were listed as killing 1,700 civilians/400 kids? 

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/us-has-killed-thousands-people-lethal-drones#:~:text=According to the Bureau of,400 of whom were children.

It's almost like we can respect women and recognize that pregnancy doesn't mean we should boot people out of the military, AND prepare to fight china at the same time.

I appreciate our senior leaders jumping on this right away and setting the tone for everyone under them...that treating our female colleague as "other" or "less than" when they get pregnant is unacceptable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6 said:

I’m curious if he got canned because he followed the AF party line of “max respect and inclusion” or if it was the rumored IG investigation that was going on prior to all of this coming to light.

Do tell... Can't just drop a bomb like this and walk away like nothing happened...

On 3/12/2021 at 4:42 AM, GKinnear said:

If you're asking if I think Obama's RPA policies were bullshit, yes I did and do.  I also enjoy pissing on Jane Fonda's face in any bar bathroom that's got the sticker in the pisser.

I've never seen the article you listed.  I'm sure I could find thousands of bullshit articles from Slate, CNN, OAN, Newsmax, DailyBeast, BuzzFeed, etc. that I deeply disagree with as well.  This topic was specifically about the military, hence I thought it was interesting to put it here.

The "elite, pandering" is due to Tucker wrapping himself in the guise of a "normal dude" when he grew up, used and enjoys means of advancement he repeatedly "calls out."  The constant drone of him "telling it like it is" the myrmidons lap up exactly without critical thought.  I know at least Ben Shapiro has examined his arguments every time he gets on mic.

I disagree that the senior leaders over-reacted. I've had to deal with the fallout of much lower-level comments not being addressed on a unit, and Wing level (God damn Group CC's, am I right?).  We just finished a administration that never addressed anything head on, and the thrash that caused.  I personally and professionally did not find it enjoyable.

Someone, who a lot of service members watch for news (not opinion) goes loud and proud with some bullshit about how we're fucking up with women in the service, the leadership's supposed to sit back?  It's all over social media, the same thing we're all using to get bullshit call-sign non-mission-hacking bums fired.  I get on FaceBook rarely, but checked in for this and this was all over, from the hippies to the vets in my life.

Was there a response from leadership you found particularly egregious?  Most were, "I disagree, women/my daughter/my partner are doing great things in our Services, we'll keep winning."

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, pawnman said:

It's almost like we can respect women and recognize that pregnancy doesn't mean we should boot people out of the military, AND prepare to fight china at the same time.

Did he say we need to boot pregnant women out of the military? If he did I didn't catch it. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't USAF women flyers DNIF after their first trimester? If that's the case why do we need these maternity flight suits? If not do we need maternity g suits? What would happen to the baby during an ejection? 

I appreciate our senior leaders jumping on this right away and setting the tone for everyone under them...that treating our female colleague as "other" or "less than" when they get pregnant is unacceptable. Being in the AF a long time I've never seen a pregnant airman treated as you stated. My experience is seeing them handled with kid gloves.

Other questions are. If a pregnant woman flies into combat does the baby get combat time? Air Medal? Does the baby have to be put on a pax manifest?

6 hours ago, arg said:

Other questions are. If a pregnant woman flies into combat does the baby get combat time? Air Medal? Does the baby have to be put on a pax manifest?

Did he say we need to boot pregnant women out of the military? If he did I didn't catch it. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't USAF women flyers DNIF after their first trimester? If that's the case why do we need these maternity flight suits? If not do we need maternity g suits? What would happen to the baby during an ejection? 

So, by that logic, every DNIF dude should be coming to work in OCPs or blues as well, right?

Also, I think you're behind the times...first trimester isn't an automatic cutoff point anymore.
https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1968299/air-force-reduces-barriers-for-pregnant-aviators/

Being in the AF a long time I've never seen a pregnant airman treated as you stated. My experience is seeing them handled with kid gloves.

Good for you.  Tucker didn't handle them that way, and leadership responded, rightfully so.

Or maybe the 1st Amendment.

Agreed, because a whole lot of people seem to think the First Amendment means the military is required to play Tucker's show every day on military bases.

Edited by pawnman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Was there a response from leadership you found particularly egregious?  Most were, "I disagree, women/my daughter/my partner are doing great things in our Services, we'll keep winning."

Add the II MEF Information Group to my informal list of official DoD PA Twitter accounts overreacting.

https://meaww.com/us-marine-corps-under-fire-for-saying-they-messed-up-after-pregnant-remark-to-tucker-carlso

If I had seen the DoD IO enterprise act in a similarly coordinated effort against Iran shenanigans when they were planting mines and boarding vessels in the AG, or firing drones/cruise missiles against allies in the the area, I might not have such a large soapbox right now. This was a constant source of agitation with CENTCOM leadership at the highest levels.

I try to keep a principle that the DoD (and all Federal Gov agencies) shouldn't single out a private US citizen on purely political stances. We have Congress to do that and they ultimately have to answer to the voters.

Again, on the topic of saying "we've got our female Airmen/Soldiers/Sailors/Marines back" is fine and admirable...but this ain't it Chief.

Exit thought: give credit to the II MEF IO Group for acknowledging that they act in a manner that fell short of the standard professionalism...although I may keep "get right before you get left Boomer" in my arsenal with some contractors.

Edited by GKinnear
Minor grammar edits

China Joe's pandering to identity groups was just his playbook, and helped to get him elected.   Disgusting, but that's his party.

The horrifying thing about his prerecorded speech was that he had one of his mental breakdowns during the speech.    He gets off the teleprompter, starts to try and thank SECDEF, but not only can poor pathetic Joe not remember the Secretary's name, he can't even remember where 'that guy over there' works.  

This man is NOT President.  There is clearly a reason he never gives press conferences any more. 

Harris has gone beyond just measuring the Oval Office Curtains. She's already hung hers up.

Edited by JimNtexas
added link
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, JimNtexas said:

There is clearly a reason he never gives press conferences any more. 

Harris has gone beyond just measuring the Oval Office Curtains. She's already hung hers up.

Sometime around November/December 2022 is when I anticipate you'll see the formal transfer of power.  Post mid-term elections.  Ol' Joe will probably experience "a fall," or some other mundane injury that'll put him in the hospital for a week or two.  They'll invoke the 25th amendment, and Harris will be "temporarily" in charge.  Joe will emerge from the hospital after a couple weeks, but it will be revealed that he's suffered "something" (a blood clot, a minor stroke, a minor heart attack, etc) that prevents him from continuing to serve.  At that point, the Presidency will formally transfer to Harris.

Some of the unfolding of events will occur over the holidays.  The parts they don't want you to pay attention to are easier to mask during the holidays (much like bad corporate news is always released on a Friday before a three-day weekend).  At the same time, they'll try to leverage the "spirit of the season" to rally the nation behind Biden and his family.  Expect candid pictures of Dr Jill Biden and a bunch of grandkids waiting patiently at Walter Reed for news on Grandpa Joe, complete with a Christmas tree or two in the background.

January 2023 will dawn with Kamala Harris as President of the United States.  What that means, who the hell knows.  I'm sure there will be renewed federal support for transgendered non-binary circus clowns, and other such theatrical nonsense.  More importantly, any remaining roadblocks to our increased intervention in the Middle East will be dropped.  Who ever is our Enemy #1 in the desert will be attacked with renewed vigor (either overtly or covertly).  Iran would be the first guess, but if not, maybe some second-tier player like Libya in the early 2010s.  At the same time, they'll crank up the monetary printing presses for good, and break-off the knob.

Fun times I'm sure.

Edited by Blue
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pawnman said:

So, by that logic, every DNIF dude should be coming to work in OCPs or blues as well, right?

I’m not aware of the AF designing specific flight suits for dudes who are DNIF..unless I’m missing something?  My wife wears a flight suit and when she was pregnant and it didn’t make sense anymore/wasn’t comfortable, she wore the maternity ABU—she never once complained about not having a flight suit that didn’t fit comfortably...because at that point, she couldn’t fly anyway.  So the question I have is this:  What percentage of pilots annually are pregnant, on flying status, and can no longer wear a traditional flight suit due to discomfort, etc  (even if they require a different size)?  My guess is that’s it’s an extremely low number, but I’m willing to see the data that says otherwise as perhaps this issue is affecting ops in a bigger way than I realize?

And I’m not saying I disagree with your overall points, but if a point (DNIF guys wearing flight suits) isn’t based specifically on designing/procuring specific uniforms for X condition, then you need to argue apples to apples.

Full disclosure:  I think what Tucker said was stupid and unnecessary.