WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

1 hour ago, pbar said:

Even worse, Carrillo is security forces (i.e. a sky cop) at Travis AFB.

He also may have a connection to the slaying of a Federal Security officer killed in Oakland during a night of violence related to the death of George Floyd.

Source: https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/06/07/steven-carrillo-alleged-santa-cruz-mountain-gunman-may-be-connected-to-oakland-federal-officer-slaying/

steven-carrillo-mugshot-jpg.215766

A few tidbits are starting to make the news (Take with a grain of salt):

- "Shortly after his arrest, SSgt Carrillo may have revealed a motive for the attack.
During his arrest, Steven Carrillo shouted at officers, "This is what I came here to fight. I'm sick of these goddamn police."
He gets garbled, but then mentions police "use of force".
Carrillo yelled, "Listen!"

- "Carrillo's Facebook page has been taken down but his profile picture that lists him as Libertarian, and his friends have been sending me screenshots from the past month. It's clear Carrillo was growing increasingly upset about police excessive force. June 5th, he wrote, "Who need antifa to start riots when you have the police to do it for you..."

- "On his Facebook page on May 31, Carrillo reposted a meme that said, "I'll never let racist white people make me forget about the dope white people I know exist. I love y'all." The post includes fist emojis of different skin tones, and both of the "whites" in the meme were crossed out. Carrillo wrote, "The only race that matters, the human race."

- "Carrillo was also having a hard time with his wife's suicide in 2018. She was an Air Force Airman 1st Class, found dead in an off-base hotel in South Carolina."

JJ MacNab on Twitter: "He's a Libertarian. This is his FB avatar.… "

On 6/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, M2 said:

Even worse, Carrillo is security forces (i.e. a sky cop) at Travis AFB.

He also may have a connection to the slaying of a Federal Security officer killed in Oakland during a night of violence related to the death of George Floyd.

Source: https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/06/07/steven-carrillo-alleged-santa-cruz-mountain-gunman-may-be-connected-to-oakland-federal-officer-slaying/

steven-carrillo-mugshot-jpg.215766

Yep

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-defendants-charged-murder-and-aiding-and-abetting-slaying-federal-protective-service

I'm reading this that it is illegal to defend yourself anyway possible in the City of Chicago. So she wants you to call 911 and more or less be put on hold while your getting a beating from a rioting mob. Also if you do defend yourself your going to jail as soon as you get out of intensive care , I guess she doesn't want any of her voting base killed.  Change my mind . Yes Chicago is my home town . https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-lori-lightfoot-denounces-vigilantism-in-chicago-after-white-men-patrol-neighborhood-streets-with-bats/ar-BB152S4r

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

I'm reading this that it is illegal to defend yourself anyway possible in the City of Chicago. So she wants you to call 911 and more or less be put on hold while your getting a beating from a rioting mob. Also if you do defend yourself your going to jail as soon as you get out of intensive care , I guess she doesn't want any of her voting base killed.  Change my mind . Yes Chicago is my home town . https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayor-lori-lightfoot-denounces-vigilantism-in-chicago-after-white-men-patrol-neighborhood-streets-with-bats/ar-BB152S4r

I think it's a leap to say you're not able to defend yourself. There's a pretty distinct line between being armed and prepared, and being a bunch of cosplay Meal Team 6 / Y'all Qaeda wannabes like the ones that ended up shooting a protester in Albuquerque the other night. Obviously being the former is a good thing, but roving packs of morons with weapons, legal or otherwise, is usually not a predictor of a good outcome. Whether or not you're protesting or protesting the protesting, or any derivative in between. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Waingro said:

I think it's a leap to say you're not able to defend yourself. There's a pretty distinct line between being armed and prepared, and being a bunch of cosplay Meal Team 6 / Y'all Qaeda wannabes like the ones that ended up shooting a protester in Albuquerque the other night. Obviously being the former is a good thing, but roving packs of morons with weapons, legal or otherwise, is usually not a predictor of a good outcome. Whether or not you're protesting or protesting the protesting, or any derivative in between. 

(Smart) neighborhood patrols seemed to work out in Minneapolis, according to the Washington Post (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovtLTPrB2MA)

9 hours ago, Waingro said:

Say you're Lori Lightfoot and you're trying to explain to your police force exactly where that "distinct" line is, how would you do it?

Once you've explained it to them, how effective do you think the police force you've openly lambasted and critqued are going to be at enforcing the policies you'd like enforced against people who are clearly on the other side of the "F the Police" movement?

My next door neighbor is a childhood friend and 20 year city cop. We've talked for hours. They're getting tired, depressed, and morale is at an all time low.

What you believe is right or wrong doesn't matter much if we lose the ability to enforce it.

Edited by torqued
  • Like 1

torqued hit on my concern of long term implications of all this anti-police riots.  The number of people who are interested in joining the police force right now has to be virtually disappearing.  That means the police force is going to have a drastically reduced applicant pool, which is going to decrease the average quality of the individuals hired, which is only going to increase incidents like this.  I also wonder if some of these current incidents like Minneapolis and Atlanta are a product of this same decreased pool following the Ferguson riots.  If you hire people who otherwise would only be able to get a minimum wage job, and then give them authority and a gun, you're going to have big problems.  I'm not talking about most cops right now, but if the nation continues on the current path, this is what we're going to end up with.

We have LOTS of Cops and State Troopers on our Guard base.  Over the last few years, many have left their positions on the police force and taken full time positions on base.  Talking with them, the consensus is that they feel they have zero backup from city leaders/politicians.  They all felt like they were one edited video away from losing their jobs...the court of public opinion matters more than the truth.  I expect to see more and more this.

Edited by SocialD

31 minutes ago, SocialD said:

We have LOTS of Cops and State Troopers on our Guard base.  Over the last few years, many have left their positions on the police force and taken full time positions on base.  Talking with them, the consensus is that they feel they have zero backup from city leaders/politicians.  They all felt like they were one edited video away from losing their jobs...the court of public opinion matters more than the truth.  I expect to see more and more this.

Everyone wants to blame the cops but these aren't problems cops can solve. The largest change needs to come from politicians and city leaders. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...