WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I doubt they will ever be used to nurse in but pump. Kids ain’t coming to work with them.

And how many people does this affect over what span of time. Very few for a short time. Unless your General Chang and nurse till you’re 48 months.

Let me rephrase: who wants to eat food packaged up in a ing bathroom?

It is a legit and reasonable requirement.

8 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

Let me rephrase: who wants to eat food packaged up in a ing bathroom?

It is a legit and reasonable requirement.

No, having a full-time designated room that is solely used for that purpose is not "legit and reasonable" when the infrastructure we have is already inadequate for the day-to-day work the military does. Do we put one in Base Ops?  How about each of the aircraft hangars?  What about the fuels building that is about 400 sq ft in size and sits on a pretty remote section of the base?  

What would be "legit and reasonable" in this hypothetical situation:   my wife comes to the squadron for something, brings along my infant child, and needs to breast feed.  I find a solution.  Briefing room, squadron bar, whatever.  I don't know what "amenities" are now required, but women that are breastfeeding generally carry what they need.  And if I couldn't find a private space that would work, I'd go ask someone with a private office like my DO or CC.  You know what their response would have been?  "You bet, Huggy.  She can use my office."  

In my 28 years of working on the flight line, I do not remember one time where a women came in and needed to breast feed.  I'm sure it happens.  But not with the regularity that requires that we give up valuable space.  Space we need.  Space that the US govt has been unable to provide us through MILCON dollars.   

Here's a possible alternative:  How about letting us find a solution to this "problem" on our own?  A solution that isn't mandated though more regulation, govt mandates, or social justice warrior programs.  Instead, I would rely on my mostly-male squadron mates to the be gentlemen that they are and to help out a nursing mother in need.  In the end, we would do what we always did, and take good care of those that visited our squadron.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Here's a possible alternative:  How about letting us find a solution to this "problem" on our own?  A solution that isn't mandated though more regulation, govt mandates, or social justice warrior programs.  Instead, I would rely on my mostly-male squadron mates to the be gentlemen that they are and to help out a nursing mother in need.  In the end, we would do what we always did, and take good care of those that visited our squadron. 

You guys know this isn't a new thing right?  This has been a requirement for almost 15 years.  The sectioning off of a singe office for a "mother's room" might be new.  But the fact it had to be a sanitary place (i.e. not a bathroom) has been directed since I was an Airmen.  Even back then people were bitching about why the just couldn't do it in a stall...

I'd imagine the direction for buildings on base designating a room is based on number of people and number of women.  Kinda like handicapped parking spots.  Now if that's a dedicated room for only that...I can't speak to it.

• Like 1

When we built our new alert facility, among a few other ridiculous requirements, we were required to put in a bike rack and make everything NDA compliant.  As in the kitchen counter is way too fucking low for person not in a wheel chair and we couldn't get a urinal (bathroom/shower is a coat hanger abortion).  We're talking a facility that inside the red on a flight line (no bikes) that is almost never visited by guests and that is meant for aircrew and our mx guys that have to RUN to the jet when the horn goes off.  They tried to fight many of these but as always, there is no room for common sense in the code of federal regulations.  

Wrt the nursing room.  We laminated a piece of paper that said "Mother nursing," slapped a magnet on it and voila, any empty room can become a nursing room.  I'm sure we'll be written up in some future evaluation.  Then we'll have to set aside room in our 1950s built building that is already space constrained.  

Only 2.5 years left!

7 hours ago, SocialD said:

When we built our new alert facility, among a few other ridiculous requirements, we were required to put in a bike rack and make everything NDA compliant.  ...

Amazing.  Truly idiotic.  

As for the nursing room, I would like to see a commander state "unable... need MILCON dollars to create it", and give them the Johnny Cash middle finger (see above).  

I remember when the squadron building at Laughlin was opened up and new.  Except for a few VIP spots, all perimeter parking stalls next to the building were for handicapped... and empty.  

I did enjoy using the handicapped parking spot at Beale for a number of years.  It got a lot of laughs.  The cops finally realized my handicapped sticker for my hip replacement expired about 2 years earlier and finally ticketed me.  For those of you that are appalled by my actions:  no, I didn't park in handicapped parking anywhere else.  Only at the squadron.  Please, continue to be appalled, however.  

Next up:  condoms in the women's restroom in the squadron.  Discuss.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

I did enjoy using the handicapped parking spot at Beale for a number of years.  It got a lot of laughs.  The cops finally realized my handicapped sticker for my hip replacement expired about 2 years earlier and finally ticketed me.  For those of you that are appalled by my actions:  no, I didn't park in handicapped parking anywhere else.  Only at the squadron.  Please, continue to be appalled, however. 

I hit 20 this past Feb, and ADSC expired in Nov.  It's amazing how much parking becomes available once you don't care anymore.

"Why yes...I am attending this conference. No, you can't see my pass."

• Like 1

Truth about United Airlines finally comes out
20191221_202057.thumb.jpg.3427d2b47275d0e84a811ace66ff1aba.jpg

I’ve been unable to unsee the Death Star on the UAL tails for years. Also their salt/pepper shakers are mini-Death Stars in business class.

I saw the black painted UAL Kylo-Ren 737 taking off yesterday in Newark. It was quite fitting.
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2019 at 9:17 AM, SocialD said:

We laminated a piece of paper that said "Mother nursing," slapped a magnet on it and voila, any empty room can become a nursing room.

Exactly how it should be done. It's been this way multiple places that I've worked in the civilian sector too, including as a contractor for other DoD components.

Don't resign women to pumping or nursing in a bathroom, but don't build a single use room in a building where it will hardly ever be used. As long as you have a way to tell people, "Don't go in there, someone is nursing/pumping", there should be no issue.

Plus, this seems easier on the mom too. But I guess designating a room with a temporary sign is just too much common sense.

7 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Simple math. I'll assume the other woman was equal to that horrible picture of the judge. 

1 x Threesome{3,3} > 0 x Threesome{a,b}

Could've been worse, Judge Judy or RBGinsburg