WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

42 minutes ago, afthunderchief16 said:

I suppose this shouldn't surprise me.  I just found about about a Flight Safety instructor that had some clients ask "where the safe space in the building is?".  

On 10/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, HuggyU2 said:

I suppose this shouldn't surprise me.  I just found about about a Flight Safety instructor that had some clients ask "where the safe space in the building is?".  

*shrugs...near the coffee pot.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2005970/aetc-announces-2020-spark-tank-winner/

Not sure why I was so surprised to see this coming from the USAF and more specifically AETC.  I can't wait for the finger painting and nap time next. What a joke.

"Created by Maj. Spencer Lee at Air University, the “give makerspace” idea encourages ingenuity and creativity in every Airman, by creating physical space to ideate, develop and iterate creative endeavors. It also outlines the need to develop policies to guarantee Airmen the time and space to express that creativity, as well as ways to encourage commanders to promote and reward Airmen to tackle everyday challenges."

1 hour ago, JBueno said:

Why are 3D printers all the rage in these innovation labs? If we were 3D printing parts to fix our broke ass airplanes, cool.

But really, what are we 3D printing?

Well, here at Dyess we are 3-D printing the controllers for the B-1 avionics system for pennies on the dollar.  As well as replacement ICS switches, switch covers, and other cockpit components.

I don't think we're quite to printing a new engine from scratch, but if I can get even these plastic pieces in a day instead of weeks, for a fraction of the price... I'm all for investing in the idea just to see what airmen can make.

I'm old enough to remember bitching that the Air Force didn't want ideas from anyone below O-6.  I'm sure as hell not going to shoot down airman Snuffy's good idea "because that's how we've always done it".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I'm old enough to remember bitching that the Air Force didn't want ideas from anyone below O-6.  I'm sure as hell not going to shoot down airman Snuffy's good idea "because that's how we've always done it".

Valid point.

I just wish they’d just use normal language.

So, here’s what jumped out at me from the height article.

“Don’t automatically assume you don’t qualify because of your height,” said Maj. Gen. Craig Wills, 19th Air Force commander. “We have an incredibly thorough process for determining whether you can safely operate our assigned aircraft. Don’t let a number on a website stop you from pursuing a career with the best Air Force in the world.”

I get all the anthropometric standards at all, but I think it may be time to, oh I don’t know, change the standards a little bit. The way it’s worded is horrible, proven by the fact that a two star has to get on the internet and say “yeah, I know what the reg says but apply anyway and we will waive it.”

11 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I don’t see any spoilers coming up at touchdown. 

The inboard spoilers were up, you can see them stow as he starts his turn.  Not sure if the outboards were supposed to deploy on the 145.  Either way, hate that for the crew.  

Full video.

Edited by SocialD