WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

11 hours ago, Smokin said:

All the better for the pilots if the Navy goes top rope.  Undue command influence should be an easy sell.

Remember, the term is unlawful command influence.  I think many senior level officials don't think about the second-order effects of opening their mouths when this type of "high vis" thing comes up. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, herkbum said:

Whatever they call it, I was told this has CNO interest/oversight

I happen to have a little knowledge of an FEB in the AF that had substantial CSAF interest a couple years ago, and it took 90 days to actually begin the board proceedings.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:29 AM, HeloDude said:

You're defending the argument for more gun control while not defending the argument for zero gun control...so yes, you're a progressive.  When you start acting like a libertarian then I'll believe you're a libertarian.  

Someone has to play devil's advocate in this circle jerk of conservatism. What good is a debate if everyone is arguing the same points?

15 minutes ago, Hacker said:

So, I stand both corrected and impressed.  The sky-dick Growler aircrew apparently met their FNAEB a couple days ago as well as received their findings today.

Naval Aviation Leadership,

I know you are all familiar with the recent VAQ pilot incident with sky writing (drawing).  The Air Boss just finished the Field Naval Aviator Evaluation Boards (FNAEB).  He stated, it was clear their actions were impulsive and immature, but both were very forthright and remorseful for the embarrassment they caused Navy and Naval Aviation and for violating the trust we place in our aircrew.

Although all in the endorsing chain considered revocation of the right to wear their insignia, unanimously the COC recommendations were that both pilot and NFO be retained, but remain in a probationary flight status for a period of time.  Air Boss concurred with those recommendations and imposed the following remediations:

a. Probationary flight status for a period of six months.  Failure to satisfactorily complete b-d below, or any similar lapse of judgement in the air or on the ground, where their actions/behavior don't align with our core values or treating our people with anything less than dignity and respect, will be grounds for revocation of the right to wear their wings.

b. They will provide an introduction to each of the "Change the Culture" briefs scheduled for next week in Whidbey Island, addressing the event, the ramifications and embarrassment it caused, how it is counter to the culture we desire, and contrasting their actions with the excellence and discipline our aircrew exhibit daily in operations around the world with a full understanding of the strategic effects their actions might have.

c. They will present a more detailed brief to all junior officers (O-4 and below) at Whidbey Island covering same topics.

d. The pilot, with instructor orders to VT-9 in Meridian, will conduct the same presentation separately with both the instructor cadre in Training Wing One and the student naval aviators.

I ask that you discuss this situation with your O-5 leaders and aviators within your units.  This is one of those situations where the many can learn from the few.  Our actions can have significant consequence well beyond our units... especially with social media these days.  This event deserves some discussion time in the ready rooms to recage our aircrew professionalism.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for what you do each day.

V/r,
Trigger

RADM Roy "Trigger" Kelley
Commander, Naval Air Force Atlantic

Edited by herkbum