WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Warning: Rant in progress.....

This is a great example of people feeling entitled to a hand out. Though I'm not in the military (working on it), I am a student pilot about to take my checkride for my PPL, going to school full time, married with two kids, a full time job. Guess what I did to get the money for my hours? HARD WORK(job, working on motorcycles, washing planes,etc.) and penny pinching. Amongst all of this, I always make sure that my family comes first. MAN UP AND FIND A WAY TO GET THIS ACCOMPLISHED.

Rant over.....

Edited by Hopefulflyer389
  • Upvote 1

To play devil's advocate, if idiots are willing to give you money for absolutely nothing in return why wouldn't you take it? A fool and his money...

Bums on the street do it everyday and people across the US give them millions...stupid Americans.

Bums on the street do it everyday and people across the US give them millions...stupid Americans.

Warm-hearted, forgiving, unselfish, charitable and loving Americans, willing to freely give a little to help out someone less fortunate.

That makes 'em vulnerable to swindlers and cheats....not stupid.

Warm-hearted, forgiving, unselfish, charitable and loving Americans, willing to freely give a little to help out someone less fortunate.

That makes 'em vulnerable to swindlers and cheats....not stupid.

Plenty of legitimate charities that do the same thing...and that weed out most of the bums wanting to use the money for drugs/alcohol, or who are just too lazy to work. I went to a very large urban university and saw the same bums for 4 years. There are plenty of ways to help people who need it without getting scammed.

But hey, it's your money, you do what you want with it!

Love the first comment at the bottom of the page... Classic!

Matthew Raines

1 DAY AGO

I'll be willing to donate $3.50, and pay close attention because I don't want you to use any of this money towards flight training. From this stipend I want you to use $1.25 in bus fare to take a ride down to your nearest airport with airline service. I want you to spend all day watching the big shiny jets take off and land, imagining your new awesome life as a bonafide airline pilot. Think of how proud you will be that your friends and family didn't talk you out of yet another life decision, and how that backbone and mental fortitude will come in handy in your new career. Look at the smartly dressed pilots and their cool Ray Bans, and chuckle to yourself at what knuckle-dragging chumps they are, having personally sacrificed their own time and money achieving their dream. Then I want you to find the nearest homeless person, and offer to gofundhim $1 to kick you square in the balls whilst screaming "talk to me, Goose". The remaining $1.25 can be used for either bus fare home, or a bag of ice to sooth the family jewels, dealer's choice.

::slow clap::

• Upvote 1

Man shoots armadillo with 9MM. Bullet ricochets and hits mother-in-law sitting in recliner in mobile home 100 yards away.

Man kills armadillo, ricochet gunshot hits mother-in-law Posted: Apr 14, 2015 7:55 AM PDTUpdated: Apr 14, 2015 7:55 AM PDT
By Associated Press

LEESBURG, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities say a south Georgia man shot an armadillo, but ended up accidentally wounding his mother-in-law when the bullet ricocheted off the mammal known for its hard shell.

Lee County Sheriff's deputies tell WALB-TV that 54-year-old Larry McElroy fired his 9 mm pistol at the armadillo Sunday night.

TRENDING: Man finds mountain lion under home

Deputies say the bullet killed the armadillo, but bounced off the animal, hit a fence, traveled through the back door of the mother-in-law's mobile home and the recliner in which she was sitting, striking her in the back.

McElroy's 74-year-old mother-in-law, Carol Johnson, suffered injuries described as non-life-threatening. Lee County sheriff's investigator Bill Smith said she was walking around and talking afterward.

TRENDING: Documentary to focus on Las Vegas police killing

Lee County Sherriff's deputies say McElroy was about 100 yards away from the home when he shot the armadillo.

Man shoots armadillo with 9MM. Bullet ricochets and hits mother-in-law sitting in recliner in mobile home 100 yards away.

Hmmm. A 9mm, double ricochet, 100 yards, through a trailer door (open I presume) hits his mother-in-law, in a recliner that is facing away from the door? I'm not buying it.

YGBFSM

"GAO reports warns hackers could bring down plane using passenger Wi-Fi"

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/04/15/gao-reports-warns-hackers-could-bring-down-plane-using-passenger-wi-fi/

If they share the same networks and routers sounds using only firewalls to separate the two then I don't see this being outside the realm of possibility. For the record I have no idea how these systems are set up, just going off the news article (yeah I know never trust the media).

If they share the same networks and routers sounds using only firewalls to separate the two then I don't see this being outside the realm of possibility. For the record I have no idea how these systems are set up, just going off the news article (yeah I know never trust the media).

As an example, on the 737-800, we start the GPS and then the FMS system asks for starting coordinates. After imputing those coordinates, the next page has a REQUEST prompt, press the button for that line and the FMS will, via ACARS, go get your flight plan, winds, weight/balance/cruise info, and finally Takeoff data. All you have to do is press the LOAD key and the EXECUTE as each piece of data is brought in. I guess someone could mess with that data but we verify all of that against paperwork after we load the computer. Once airborne, the only data that might be requested and input into the FMS is WINDS updates if you end up at a cruising altitude different than planned.

Here's an alleged hacker's take on the airplane thing... and he was crazy enough to tweet about.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/17/technology/security/fbi-plane-hack/index.html

But this ordeal also reveals a potentially dangerous flaw in airplanes. Roberts said he took to Twitter out of frustration that Airbus and Boeing (BA) - the world's two largest plane manufacturers -- aren't listening to warnings he's made for years.

Anyone can plug a laptop into the box underneath his or her seat and reach key controls in the plane, such as engines and cabin lighting. That's the claim made by Roberts and the cybersecurity firm he co-founded, One World Labs.

"I was probably a little more blunt than I should have been," Roberts told CNNMoney. "I'm just so frustrated that nothing is getting fixed."

He found that a hacker could theoretically do it from a passenger seat. Every chair has a tiny computer and screen, and those are plugged into the airplane's CAN bus. Every vehicle has one. Think of it like a spine. It's how the brain communicates with the limbs. It's how your car accelerator talks to your engine's fuel injector.

But -- if it's not built just right -- it also means your plane passenger seat is ultimately connected to the pilot's cockpit.

Roberts said he eventually tested out the theory himself 15 to 20 times on actual flights. He'd pull out his laptop, connect it to the box underneath his seat, and view sensitive data from the avionics control systems.

"I could see the fuel rebalancing, thrust control system, flight management system, the state of controllers," he said.

If a fellow passenger ever asked what he was doing, Roberts would simply say, "We're enhancing your experience by putting in new systems."

Edit: fbi-pulls-off-hacker-from-flight-who-rev

Edited by SurelySerious

Because high heels symbolize all rape victims...

Most participants chose to walk at a regular pace while other, more 'hardcore,' participants chose to run the entire way in two-inch heels, like first-place finisher Maj. Josh Schaad.

great, high heel 5Ks coming to a SAPR down day near you. /s

I remember the days when everything was about warfighting. How times have changed...

http://www.jointbasemdl.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123343138

130329-F-UU335-176.JPG

Because high heels symbolize all rape victims...

great, high heel 5Ks coming to a SAPR down day near you. /s

I remember the days when everything was about warfighting. How times have changed...

http://www.jointbasemdl.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123343138

130329-F-UU335-176.JPG

Is there any evidence that shit like this works? If there is, i'll gladly buy some size 13 heels and prance about until the raping stops. If there isn't any such evidence, maybe we could take some of the time and money we are currently devoting to awareness building and spend it on shit that would help. I'll offer providing mental health services for victims and testing this nation's massive backlog of rape kits as areas where our efforts would be better spent.

• Upvote 5

Is there any evidence that shit like this works? If there is, i'll gladly buy some size 13 heels and prance about until the raping stops. If there isn't any such evidence, maybe we could take some of the time and money we are currently devoting to awareness building and spend it on shit that would help. I'll offer providing mental health services for victims and testing this nation's massive backlog of rape kits as areas where our efforts would be better spent.

With progressive ideology, it doesn't matter if it works.' It's all about the feelings behind the intent...that's all that matters. Remember this flavor of the week a while back? How's that situation going?

MichelleObamaBringBackOurGirls.jpg

With progressive ideology, it doesn't matter if it works.' It's all about the feelings behind the intent...that's all that matters. Remember this flavor of the week a while back? How's that situation going?

MichelleObamaBringBackOurGirls.jpg

This is an example of progressive idealogy?

Oh yeah, I forgot the opposing conservative stance on the issue, #RapeThemKillThemAndDumpTheBodies.

As pointlessly symbolic as this was it makes my head hurt to think of the paranoia you must live with if you can find partisan politics in this. WTF indeed.

• Downvote 6