WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

This is one of the more odd stories I've ever read. It's got a pretty sharp left turn in the second paragraph.

http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/more-veterans-press-va-to-recognize-medical-marijuana-as-treatment-option-1.314855

I would think the hardest think about working in the command center at Scott would be having to tell your parents that your job has almost nothing to do with actually being in the military.

• Upvote 1

And then there's the guy who realizes what part of the Air Force actually does. How long before the PC roll in on this?

Death From Above

Mors Ab Alto! Always thought that was a pretty succinct summary of the job. Glad to see it isn't being sugar coated or glossed over.

So, she was a TACC controller. That would give me PTSD. I feel the need to smoke some weed every time I call those clowns.

I don't think its fair to clowns to compare them to TACC.

And she worked at the Tanker Airlift Control Center, but coordinated bombing missions that hit civilians? But she never saw the end result so she can't really be sure? Seems like BS to me.

Edited by Fuzz

I don't think its fair to clowns to compare them to TACC.

And she worked at the Tanker Airlift Control Center, but coordinated bombing missions that hit civilians? But she never saw the end result so she can't really be sure? Seems like BS to me.

No THE TACC does not coordinate bombing missions.. but the airlift missions bringing the bombs to the AOR, then get on... well you get the idea. You have to remember the 2nd and 3rd order effects of your job. Which leads me to my point, she must of had a real easy no stress job to reach those conclusions about killing people.

• Upvote 1

Geez....seriously? :aviator:

Arizona Guard crew suspended for dropping candy from Black Hawk

The Arizona National Guard is investigating an aircrew that flew a Black Hawk helicopter over an upscale neighborhood in Phoenix and dropped candy on the evening of Oct. 28, according to a statement issued Oct. 31.

The aircrew on the UH-60 Black Hawk took off from the Papago Military Reservation, near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on the south side of the city, for a training mission in Deer Valley, on the north side of Phoenix.

On the way, the Guard said, the helicopter flew over the Arcadianeighborhood in central Phoenix, near 36th Street and Camelback Road, and dropped the candy to a Halloween party.

Residents in the neighborhood reported a chopper flying about 50 feet over their homes where it hovered for about three minutes, according to The Arizona Republic... (full story at title link)

I see the whole thing lasting less than 6 months.

Naw, they’ll be OK. He’ll just drop her off at the Matador Gentlemen’s Show Lounge on his way into the flightline for swing shift and pick her up on the way home. As DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) they gotta build up that nest egg before starting a family.

INFO NOTE: Actually met a guy while I was TDY at Eglin in the late 80’s that was doing this. Wife kept dancing up until the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. No. I’m NOT kidding. Ewwww....

Naw, they’ll be OK. He’ll just drop her off at the Matador Gentlemen’s Show Lounge on his way into the flightline for swing shift and pick her up on the way home. As DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) they gotta build up that nest egg before starting a family.

INFO NOTE: Actually met a guy while I was TDY at Eglin in the late 80’s that was doing this. Wife kept dancing up until the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. No. I’m NOT kidding. Ewwww....

I did the last 6 months of my career as a flight chief (day care), 2 of my Crew Chiefs were married to strippers er dancers, it was not a short 6 months.

I did the last 6 months of my career as a flight chief (day care), 2 of my Crew Chiefs were married to strippers er dancers, it was not a short 6 months.

Served time as a Flight Chief as well, about 18 months, would gladly have spent time doing up awards packages every day but had to devote a metric shit-ton of time on dirt bags who seemed to have season tickets in the 1st Shirt and CC's office. Didn't know how good I had it as an expediter until I didn't have the job anymore. Would have gladly spent 10-12 hours a day driving slow ass NASCAR circles around the flightline over baby sitter duties.

Served time as a Flight Chief as well, about 18 months, would gladly have spent time doing up awards packages every day but had to devote a metric shit-ton of time on dirt bags who seemed to have season tickets in the 1st Shirt and CC's office. Didn't know how good I had it as an expediter until I didn't have the job anymore. Would have gladly spent 10-12 hours a day driving slow ass NASCAR circles around the flightline over baby sitter duties.

Production Superintendent is the best job in USAF for a MSgt, you actually make things happen instead of beating your head on the wall.

Haha I've gotta write this one down ...

You beat me to it, brother.

I have HUGE buckets of respect for the ProSupers I've had the pleasure of working with over the years. Low MC rates sure aren't due to a lack of effort in that office. That said, many I've met seem to wish they could have a continuous IV drip of 5-Hour Energy and Jack Daniels just to get through the day.

Every day on the line as a ProSuper must feel like a shift-long episode of 24.

Every day on the line as a ProSuper must feel like a shift-long episode of 24.

After 90 days straight as a ProSuper deployed during OEW/OSW I got one day off, I slept 18 straight hours. Damn I miss it. I know I'm a sick bastard.

Here's a WTF. In the latest issue of AvWeek the head of the F-35 program says he expects delays of the Initial Operating Capability, expected in Aug 2016 because there aren't enough maintainers and not enough time to train them because the A-10 hasn't drawn down enough. He expected to get the maintainers from the A-10 community.

Thats friggin 22 months from now and the USAF can't train or cross-train enough troops for what, 35 jets at best!!!

A sad attempt to get rid of the Hog.