WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Don't worry...pretty soon they'll be making us do it during stand-down/'Resilience' training days. You'll have to do all this crap and there won't be a 3-day pass reward, but you will get behind in your duties. Being proud of wearing your uniform when walking out from work will of course be completely voluntary.

Bingo.

I'm already doing this crap four times a year...the three day pass would be a step up.

• Upvote 1

Oh sweet baby Jesus, someone please wake me up. Between this and the giggleology class, this Air Force is becoming more and more of a joke. Seriously, would you be proud to show these giggle videos to your civilian friends to have them believe this is what we do in the AF? Wasting time taking worthless giggle classes so that I can get 3 days off...UFB! Someone please send a copy of this to a congressional staffer....people are getting RIFd for fuck sake because we can't afford them...but we have time for this shit?!? I'd love to see someone explain this to folks on the Hill in the same breath they tell congress we don't have money to save a core capability like the A-10.. What a fucking joke....

• Upvote 2

Therapy dog at Walter Reed hospital with honorary 2nd Lt rank, promoted to honorary Maj by Gen Welsh

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/554376/field-promotion-lieutenant-advances-to-major.aspx

141112-F-EK235-186.JPG

141112-F-EK235-212.JPG

Not exactly a first. The U-2 mascot at Osan (Oscar (the first), the black cat) was commissioned a 2nd Lt back in the late 70s, complete with certificate from the base commander, flight physical, and a ride in the U-2. We put him in a cage and secured it in the camera bay of the airplane, then flew him on a low sortie. There was a big ceremony and we loved it all, but apparently he didn't. Upon landing, the cage was removed, the door was opened, there was a flash of claws...and we didn't see him again for three days. The "good news" was after that, if he started to be an annoyance all you had to do was rattle his cage and he was gone for the day! He has since passed on to greater things, but last time I was there his certificate was still posted in the ops building

Oh sweet baby Jesus, someone please wake me up. Between this and the giggleology class, this Air Force is becoming more and more of a joke. Seriously, would you be proud to show these giggle videos to your civilian friends to have them believe this is what we do in the AF? Wasting time taking worthless giggle classes so that I can get 3 days off...UFB! Someone please send a copy of this to a congressional staffer....people are getting RIFd for fuck sake because we can't afford them...but we have time for this shit?!? I'd love to see someone explain this to folks on the Hill in the same breath they tell congress we don't have money to save a core capability like the A-10.. What a fucking joke....

My nephew did four years in the Marines as a machine gunner with TWO tours in AFG. My son's best friend, also a Marine infantryman, did a tour in Iraq with the Marines that took Ramadi. Both in their late 20's, saw a did shit that will give them nightmares for the rest of their lives. No decs for either of them other than standard "I was there" unit awards; meanwhile shoes are getting Bronze stars for sock & reflective belt patrol. There is no fucking way on Earth I could show this video to either of them. What a fucking slap in the face to their service under arms, no wonder the other services think the AF is such a joke.

• Upvote 3

So the CSAF can promote a fu(king dog to Maj but couldn't be there to pin a second Silver Star on MSgt Case? WTF?http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/554378/tacp-receives-second-silver-star-medal.aspx?source=GovD

Edit: fat fingers

The dog is black trans lesbian dog though and is part of an all female lesbian butt sniffing crew.

• Upvote 1

Looks like a fucking kindergarten class. I know people would do a lot for 3 days pass but I'm not sure I could dance (or roll) around like a 6 year old for it and still walk out being proud of wearing the uniform I just rolled around in.

And then there's the guy who realizes what part of the Air Force actually does. How long before the PC roll in on this?

Death From Above

I understand the work we do on behalf of the American public and other freedom-loving people around the world is disconcerting to some. On some level, it should be. But it wouldn't be healthy to deny, hide from, or water down our purpose.

This is one of the more odd stories I've ever read. It's got a pretty sharp left turn in the second paragraph.

Although Rising did not serve in Afghanistan or Iraq, she said the pressure of her work was intense. "What was really hard about working in command was never being able to see the damage you did on the ground," she said. "You start to think about all the orphans and widows you created, and that you do hit civilians."

Without marijuana to treat what she says is PTSD, Rising said she feels "like the Incredible Hulk and that danger is around every corner and that my nerves could explode."

After dropping off her son at school on a recent morning, she prepared a pair of blunts. She took some pot out of a jar, dumped the guts of two Dutch Master cigars and re-rolled them with the marijuana. Then she slipped her blue Air Force jacket over her blue and white flower-print dress and went into her suburban back yard to smoke, putting her long blond curls behind her ears.

http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/more-veterans-press-va-to-recognize-medical-marijuana-as-treatment-option-1.314855