WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Has she been anywhere longer than two years?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that to be eligible for a 365 you have to have 2 years TOS, hence the reason those chosen people don't spend anywhere longer than two years so they can move to the next rung of the career ladder, without those pesky 365s getting in the way.

Edited by Fuzz

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that to be eligible for a 365 you have to have 2 years TOS, hence the reason those chosen people don't spend anywhere longer than two years so they can move to the next rung of the career ladder, without those pesky 365s getting in the way.

"365s" didn't exist until she was a colonel. That is a recent phenomenon (GWOT) and most of her career predates that. In the olden days we used to do 90 day AEFs or one year remotes. There weren't very many remotes at all let alone for ABMs.

It is absolutely incorrect that you must have 2 years TOS to be "eligible" for a 365.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 1

Can you guys not even read a bio?

Career scholar? She's a WIC grad, former WIC instructor ABM. She has only 900 hours because not all ABM assignments are airborne ones. But clearly you all knew that. She's been a weapons school division cc (sq/cc equivalent), OG, and wing/cc (twice).

Oh, and she was deputy CFACC too. So yeah. No relevant experience at all.

She's very well regarded by tactically-minded people and did a great job as ACC/CV.

And on top of all that she knows how to spell "theater" like an American.

Most people with SA are good with this choice.

Amazingly enough I can't read, haven't worked under her command both at a home station and deployed.

Also, I have never heard of an ACS during my time I never spent around them as a comm tech.

I never realized that tactically minded individuals speaking highly of someone means they are qualified for strategic command.

As for the ridiculous comment about theater vs theatre, how about you take that energy and go work the change the F-86 from Sabre to Saber because that's more "American". While you are at it grammar police, fix the abbreviations for commander.

Since this is the WTF thread I figured I would make this post worthwhile with a Porsche doing some mudding.

EJVBCzL.jpg

A train derailment in Montana carrying 6 737 fuselages...damn.

Flight Safety: Ground safety, it's all yours.

Ground Safety: they were on their way to get wings attached and then fly to the company, intent for flight was obvious, it's all yours sir.

• Upvote 5

EJVBCzL.jpg

The one in front is a total write off. They could probably salvage pieces of them as plugs for others.

Amazingly enough I can't read, haven't worked under her command both at a home station and deployed.

Enough said.....been off the site for a long time due to exactly this.... Know Hawk and LA both and she's a great choice to replace him....you guys have lost perspective.

One last comment.... She was highly respected by all the IPs in the barnyard and has only gained more respect as she gained stars...it's about time baseops started having some FWIC (WIC was after my time) debriefs.....

Edited by OL Patch
  • Upvote 1

Minor inconvenience. I did the Boeing factory tour recently and they said the 737 production rate is an incredible 40-45 per month. They're trying to step it up to 50.

I've worked in aircraft production for an OEM - this is much more than a minor inconvenience. This WILL delay delivery to whatever customers were supposed to get those particular serial numbers. Boeing's 737 backlog is almost 500 airframes... they can't just slide every customer 3 serial numbers to the right.

I've worked in aircraft production for an OEM - this is much more than a minor inconvenience. This WILL delay delivery to whatever customers were supposed to get those particular serial numbers. Boeing's 737 backlog is almost 500 airframes... they can't just slide every customer 3 serial numbers to the right.

Losing 6 planes will delay production...good insight.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

EJVBCzL.jpg

But they're all still in one piece. Way to go Boeing! Add to the fact they're in BFE Montana, should be tons of fun lifting them out of there and hauling them out.

But they're all still in one piece. Way to go Boeing!

I think you need to study for your next eye exam as well! Even these old eyes can see the big-ass crack in the fuselage of the first fuselage...

Boeing_zpsa1c4e9d1.jpg

But they're all still in one piece. Way to go Boeing! Add to the fact they're in BFE Montana, should be tons of fun lifting them out of there and hauling them out.

It's along the Clark Fork River right next to I-90. Should be any more difficult than anywhere else. On the plus side if any of the crew fly fishes, it's in a primo spot.