WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Has anyone seen this "World Wars" show on the History Channel?? I thought maybe, just maybe they'd salvage the crap they put out for Idiot America, I was wrong. I consider myself a super history nerd, so you tell me if I'm being over sensitive here.

They glossed over the Holocaust, keep showing P-51's and B-17's as German and British in 1940's, and even showed an Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer as a Japanese warship in 1940.

Oh yea, and its supposed to be a WWII documentary, but has a dubstep them song.

WTF

It's not just you. There is definitely a lowest common denominator element to he show.between the terrible continuity and being told everything 6 times to recap it over and over again I feel like it should have been narrated by John Madden.

• Upvote 1

For a 6-hour program (including commercials) that spans the time period between the beginning of WWI and the end of WWII, what did you really expect?

They glossed over the Holocaust? They completely skipped the war in North Africa, among other things. For a program covering 30-ish years (in 6 hours), they did about as good as could be expected. The ship and aircraft inaccuracies are missed by the average American...

• Upvote 1

Yep, the few bits I bothered watching were shit. I noticed the same thing, B-17s as a part of German raids on London.

If they're not going to get the basic facts right, they shouldn't have bothered at all!

Never mind that they used footage of C-130's dropping paratroopers on D-Day...I mean, the plane is old, but not that old. And apparently Hitler killed himself alone in the bunker, and not with Eva Braun.

But the masses probably didn't notice, or didn't care.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Damn, tough crowd. You guys hate Top Gun because of the inaccurate portrayal of tech data on MiG-28's as well?

Dammit, Danger, for the last time: it was a 4G inverted dive! I got a Polaroid!

Aimpoint..airspeed....aimpoint...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FDDPzQQNg

Pilot Juergen Drucker got a bit behind the power curve on approach to the airport on the island of Heligoland, missing the unsuspecting sunbather by inches before landing short and crashing through a low perimeter fence, eventually ending up on the runway with damage to his airplane. He also appears to narrowly miss another beachgoer near the fence.

Drucker apologized for the poor airmanship, saying it wasn't one of his greatest moments as a pilot, according to British newspaper Metro.

Someone in the SS thought it would be a good idea to record the President working out on their cell phone. Not a smart guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExQcrf80OSI

These jokes write themselves:

"O-broski, do you even lift? "

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!