WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-19/obama-says-racial-animus-may-soften-support-new-yorker-reports.html

President Barack Obama said that racial tensions may have softened his popularity among white voters within the last two years, according to a story posted on the New Yorker magazine’s website today. "There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president,” Obama said in the article by David Remnick, appearing in the magazine’s Jan. 27 edition.

So he's been president for 5 years and just now in the last two years people have figured out he's black and his approval rating is starting to slip because of that? Some people just can't take a hint.

"President Obama: I don't think marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-marijuana-dangerous-alcohol-article-1.1584762

I see squadron smoke lounges popping up in the near future. Perhaps a green smoke light that comes on at 1500 1620 hrs?

The cultural evolution (or revolution?) in the past 2 years make me feel real old...

Edited by PanchBarnes

I see squadron smoke lounges popping up in the near future. Perhaps a green smoke light that comes on at 1500 hrs?

The cultural evolution (or revolution?) in the past 2 years make me feel real old...

It would actually turn on at 1620.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

"President Obama: I don't think marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-marijuana-dangerous-alcohol-article-1.1584762

I see squadron smoke lounges popping up in the near future. Perhaps a green smoke light that comes on at 1500 hrs?

So once again, the President makes remarks but it doesn't turn into action. If he, as the Commander in Chief, truly believes that alcohol and marijuana are on the same level when it comes to the dangers of the substance (I happen to agree) then why doesn't he stop testing for weed during piss tests?? They don't check to see if I was wasted drunk the weekend before, so why are they screening for something the head boss thinks is no worse than what is allowed? I'm not saying you don't bust people for driving while stoned, etc...but then stop trying to catch people with it in their system. It's in violation of the UCMJ/law to come to work drunk, so just bust people accordingly.

So he's been president for 5 years and just now in the last two years people have figured out he's black and his approval rating is starting to slip because of that? Some people just can't take a hint.

Come on!! It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course.

Playbook section 3.2: When you have clearly demonstrated that you are unqualified to hold your current position, you are failing on a regular basis and your policies are harming the country and citizens......... play the race card.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So once again, the President makes remarks but it doesn't turn into action.

Be careful, his recent track record is pretty good. Given his comment and the "success" in WA and CO, I wouldn't be surprised if the feds legalize pot in a year or two.

Edited by PanchBarnes

They don't check to see if I was wasted drunk the weekend before, so why are they screening for something the head boss thinks is no worse than what is allowed? I'm not saying you don't bust people for driving while stoned, etc...but then stop trying to catch people with it in their system. It's in violation of the UCMJ/law to come to work drunk, so just bust people accordingly.

The Navy is implementing random breathalyzers when showing up for duty in some units. Also, things can be illegal in the military and not outside (Article 88, conduct unbecoming, etc).

Also, things can be illegal in the military and not outside (Article 88, conduct unbecoming, etc).

You missed the entire point of my post.

The President is in command of our military. He can easily tell his Generals to stop doing testing for marijuana, regardless if it is legal or illegal to smoke it. He has now said he doesn't think it's any worse than alcohol, which is perfectly fine for me to drink at night and on the weekend. So why are they still going out of their way to 'catch' people who are not coming to work under the influence? Nobody is talking about allowing people to come to work high or drunk, there are already processes to investigate/punish folks for that violation. But if an airman of age got drunk 2 weekends ago, why is that any worse then getting high 2 weekends ago when the President (again, the boss) says it's the same thing?

We have a decently good idea how long it takes the body to process alcohol and fairly objective ways to measure how much is in your system, both to set an objective limit and asses your state if you're suspected of not following the rules. Can the same be said for marijuana?

We have a decently good idea how long it takes the body to process alcohol and fairly objective ways to measure how much is in your system, both to set an objective limit and asses your state if you're suspected of not following the rules. Can the same be said for marijuana?

I am not overly familiar (and haven't researched in detail) the timely effects of using marijuana, so I don't know. I will guess that if someone smokes a joint on Friday night, that they're anatomically fine to fly on Monday, but again, that's just a guess. I have

You guys are still missing my point though--the leader of the military said that it's no more dangerous than another substance (alcohol) which we're allowed to consume on our free time as long as we're not coming to work still under the influence of the substance (ie 12 hrs, etc). So why then is our military randomly searching folks to determine if you smoked a joint 2 weeks ago (I'm assuming the mind altering affects have worn off by then) if the leader of the military thinks it's no different then what we don't get randomly tested for (alcohol)?

No idea, but I'm sure there are two states that could drum up some test groups.

Baltimore has one of the highest murder rates in the country, as well as overall crime rate...but I agree, focusing on charging $.10 per grocery paper/plastic bag is an important thing to do. Being that I don't ever plan on purchasing groceries in Baltimore as long as I live, hell, why not make is $1 a bag? $10 a bag? If they want people to stop using new ones, then the sky's the limit!

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-01-21/news/bs-md-ci-bag-fee-20140121_1_american-progressive-bag-alliance-bag-fee-plastic-bag-usage

Baltimore has one of the highest murder rates in the country, as well as overall crime rate..

The fact that my family that works law enforcement in Maryland has basically told me that the inner harbor isn't really safe anymore is telling.. There used to be places (well a few) that were cool, and some places that were on the up turn. I'm thinking that it sounds like the whole place is about to get nasty, kinda like an insurgency the outcome of that outburst of violence will determine whether Baltimore takes a dive into Detroit land or ends up looking good. A shame, I really like Fell's Point and Federal Hill.

• Upvote 1

That truly is the sad, WTF part of the story. At least he tried to make an excuse, "he was waiting for his wife on a bench outside a dressing room at T.J. Maxx".

That truly is the sad, WTF part of the story. At least he tried to make an excuse, "he was waiting for his wife on a bench outside a dressing room at T.J. Maxx".

Wife buys clothes at TJ Maxx = More money for ammo. Winning!

But can you really flip a guy shit for waiting outside the dressing room when he passes the time tackling robbers? That takes the situation and flips it. Bonus - the store help couldn't wait to tell wife the story. If he didn't get some later that night, there is no justice. "I though he might hurt you babe and I just snapped.." Cue 1970s funk music.

• Upvote 2

The fact that my family that works law enforcement in Maryland has basically told me that the inner harbor isn't really safe anymore is telling.. There used to be places (well a few) that were cool, and some places that were on the up turn. I'm thinking that it sounds like the whole place is about to get nasty, kinda like an insurgency the outcome of that outburst of violence will determine whether Baltimore takes a dive into Detroit land or ends up looking good. A shame, I really like Fell's Point and Federal Hill.

Maryland Shooter Identified:

And the liberal media is bummed that this didn't fit the narrative they'd rather report:

- A minority

- Used a shotgun (Joe Biden's favorite) and not an AR-15

- Doesn't appear to be associated with the evil Tea Party

- In a State like Maryland with some of the strictest gun control laws

- Shooting occurred in a 'gun free zone' mall

I know we were discussing Baltimore earlier, but since I despise Maryland, I thought I would post this as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1