WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

From a few years ago...

It was mandatory training for all 7,000-odd students in the University of Delaware dorms. The sessions were part of a thorough thought-reform curriculum, designed by the school's Office of Residence Life, to psychologically "treat" and correct the allegedly incorrect thoughts, attitudes, values, beliefs, and habits of the students. The ResLife staff considered students too intolerant of one another, too "consumerist," and in dire need of reeducation to become responsible world citizens who could meet the planet's environmental crisis and the requirements of social and economic "justice."

http://thefire.org/article/9869.html

Edited by PapaJu

From a few years ago...

http://thefire.org/article/9869.html

In one such activity, students were to stand on one side of the room if they agreed with, for example, gay marriage, the other side if not. Staying in the middle was not tolerated because, the students were told, the real world is polarized like this.

We did this exact exercise at ASBC.

In one such activity, students were to stand on one side of the room if they agreed with, for example, gay marriage, the other side if not. Staying in the middle was not tolerated because, the students were told, the real world is polarized like this.

That happened in about 90% of political science / international affiars classes I took in college. Spent a lot of days being the only, or one of two, dude(s) on that side of the room. Naturally the professor didn't even have the decency to stay at the front/middle to moderate...they were sitting on the other side. It was pretty ridiculous, but while many of those profs were approaching nutjob status, I will give it to them they were relatively fair when it came to grades.

Boulder is an extremely liberal town, and so are many of the professors who teach there (at least in the Poli Sci/IR departments). Like I said though, at least I never experienced any negative effects on my grades due to my viewpoints (which most of the time conflicted with the professor's).

That happened in about 90% of political science / international affiars classes I took in college. Spent a lot of days being the only, or one of two, dude(s) on that side of the room. Naturally the professor didn't even have the decency to stay at the front/middle to moderate...they were sitting on the other side. It was pretty ridiculous, but while many of those profs were approaching nutjob status, I will give it to them they were relatively fair when it came to grades.

That's effed up, but yeah, Boulder.

Tell Mrs. Kind I'll be back on Thursday rather than Wednesday for my weekly visit! Scheduling conflicts, I'm sure she'll understand. :beer:

So that's why she's always asking me on Sunday what nights I'm flying that week....

• Upvote 2

Euthanasia roller coaster

10G for 60 sec: are you man enough?

The coaster is comprised of a 500 meter (1,640 ft) drop followed by a series of seven loops of diminishing size. The distance of the drop means that anyone riding it would be subjected to speeds of 100 meters (330 ft) per second and forces of 10 G for 60 seconds. According to Urbonas, that would be enough to kill most people in the first loop, and kill the rest by the second. The entire trip would take about three minutes, and two of those minutes are spent just getting to the top—an important journey, he says, that allows the person to adjust to the height and come to terms with the end that lies before them. The whole track is about 7,500 meters (24,750 ft) long.

Unbelievable, yet so believable. There are some excellent gems in that article. Although the writer doesn't understand our culture, he makes some great points about the drawbacks of PCS churn.

Also, probably belongs in this