WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

WTF?

18 (Cranium) Found at O'Hare International Airport

Last Updated 4:03 p.m. ET

CHICAGO - It sounded ghoulish enough: a shipment of 18 frozen human heads discovered and seized by customs officials during routine X-ray screening of cargo arriving at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago.

Turns out the heads were used for medical research in Italy and were being returned for cremation in Illinois.

The holdup was due to a paperwork problem.

It just so happens such shipments are commonplace, and heads — quite a few of them — crisscross the globe via airplane and delivery truck.

Just last week, we transported eight heads, unembalmed, to Rush University Medical Center for an ophthalmology program," said Paul Dudek, director of the Anatomical Gift Association of Illinois, which supplies cadavers and body parts to medical schools in the state for training students.

His association sends about 450 whole cadavers to medical schools each year and also ships individual body parts, including about a dozen shipments of heads annually.

The heads are used for training in fields such as dentistry, ophthalmology and neurology, where they are used for Alzheimer's research. They are also used to train plastic surgeons and by students learning to perform facial reconstructions on accident and trauma victims, Dudek said.

Most cadavers are obtained through voluntary donation by people who designate a willingness to have their bodies benefit science upon their death, Dudek said. A much smaller proportion are the bodies of people whose families could not afford their burial and so agree to allow the state to release them for research.

The shipment to O'Hare was properly preserved, wrapped and labeled "human specimens," said Mary.

Paleologos, a spokeswoman for the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office, which took hold of the shipment on Monday for storage in its morgue cooler while authorities continued to investigate the paperwork.

With little information initially, news of the shipment's discovery fueled headlines and raised questions about where the shipment came from, where it was headed and why.

In the end, it turned out the shipment of three containers, which arrived in mid-December, was held up because of a mix-up with the paperwork and there was nothing suspicious about it or its destination.

The heads were originally sent from Illinois to a medical research facility in Rome and were returned to the Chicago area for disposal as part of the agreement for the order, Paleologos said.

On Tuesday, a cremation service arrived at the Medical Examiner's Office with paperwork for the specimens. Once federal authorities confirm the paperwork, the specimens will be turned over to the cremation service, she said.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection could not discuss the specific case because of privacy laws, but it said shipments of human remains into the U.S. "are not without precedent," are lawful with the right documentation and fall within the agency's "low-risk" category.

Dudek said such shipments require thorough documentation, in part because the scarcity of bodies donated to science means there is a black market for them.

"It does go on," he said of the illegal trade.

Besides medical schools, many corporations making medical instruments and appliances use cadavers for their training and research programs.

"We receive about 600 whole-body donations a year. I could easily place 750, 800," he said, explaining the short supply.

Some shipments go by air, but others end up in delivery trucks just like any other package.

"In fact, we sent out a shipment of brains to the University of Texas at Austin last week via UPS," Dudek said

This may be the worst WTF this thread has seen. A Canadian Air Force pilot and wing commander has been convicted for the murder of two women, sexual assault, and multiple counts of burglary. What did he steal? Almost 50 pairs of women's panties from their homes to satisfy his lingerie fetish. Once in jail, he also tried to commit suicide by swallowing a roll of toilet paper.

Here's a link to the news article, but I cannot in good faith recommend clicking on it as the photos are NSFW in (almost) the worst way. If you do, be ready to spend a few hours washing your eyes.

Edited by HU&W

This may be the worst WTF this thread has seen. A Canadian Air Force pilot and wing commander has been convicted for the murder of two women, sexual assault, and multiple counts of burglary...

Welcome to three years ago...

I've seen this somewhere before...

https://www.youtube....h?v=gjLkrASRWos

I remember seeing that movie, it was pretty funny...

Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend never existed? WTF!?

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

And now he's claiming he was the victim of a hoax ("catfishing"). What a douchebag.

The murder and sexual assault thing is pretty heinous.

But what's wrong with a little lingerie fetish? I mean, we hired Spoo and Kuma anyways, and they are actually ok guys.

If I weren't in the HST zone, I would have seen this post before you and would have written:

"I mean, we hired Huggy and Spoo anyways, and Spoo is actually an ok guy."

Timing is everything in life...

The murder and sexual assault thing is pretty heinous.

But what's wrong with a little lingerie fetish? I mean, we hired Spoo and Kuma anyways, and they are actually ok guys.

If I weren't in the HST zone, I would have seen this post before you and would have written:

"I mean, we hired Huggy and Spoo anyways, and Spoo is actually an ok guy."

Timing is everything in life...

Huggy/Kuma, for the record, Depends do not count as "lingerie".

I'm not sure who I'm making fun of...

• Upvote 1

Funny how rapid your recall was of this event though.

Mainly because our Canadian liaison officer, who was a good friend of mine and a shooting buddy, was the one who initially told me about it!

Just a sign of superior intellect, nothing to be jealous of!

• Upvote 1

From dudes wearing bras to chicks without bras...

More shenanigans from the land of the not quite right:

NSFW: http://zenkatsuo.livejournal.com/203368.html (Tittays, but the National Geographic kind...not the Spearmint Rhino kind.)

When modern Koreans wear the hanbok, the Korean traditional wear consisting of the billowy chima skirt and the small bolero-like jeogori jacket, it appears they have little idea on just how different their hanbok is from that of the old. At the dawn of the 20th century there appears to have been something of a scramble to "reform" the hanbok, ostensibly for "practical reasons." Rather than saying it was for practical reasons, let's cut the crap, Koreans. Admit it that you didn't want everyone to think that you let your women walk around with their tits hanging out of their shirts.

Maybe the bros on the ROK can keep a copy of this article in their pocket to show to Town Patrol when the juicies get a little too "handsy."

http://www.ijreview....wtown-shooting/

Newton, CT freak didn't even use the "AR-15 style rifle" he stole during the shooting.

Genius fucking reporting these days.

They are using an old video from shortly after the shooting, when there was still confusion over what weapons were used at Sandy Hook. HIs primary weapon was a Bushmaster XM-15, as the coroner's report indicated that most of the fatalities were caused by .223 ammunition (sans the shooter's self-inflicted fatal shot). In addition to the Bushmaster, the asshole had a 10mm Glock 20 SF and a 9mm SIG Sauer, as well as a shotgun in his vehicle that was not used. No idea which pistol was used to end his own life, I only wish he had done so first.

It's been discussed ad nauseam on gun forums...

What? Where are you getting this info? I'm apparently in the dark, because everything I'm reading is eluding to the bushmaster being locked in the car, and four handguns being used in the school, and only pistol rounds being recovered in the school itself.

My mistake if that was bad info. Thanks M2

Donna Lange, Washington Woman, Accused Of Using Her Breasts To Smother And Kill Boyfriend

r-DONNA-LANGE-BREASTS-SMOTHER-large570.jpg?6

A Washington woman is accused of using her breasts to smother and kill her boyfriend after an altercation at their mobile home.

Donna Lange, a 51-year-old woman from Everett, Wash., is believed to have suffocated her boyfriend to death with her breasts on Saturday, Jan. 12, according to Seattle's KIRO 7 Eyewitness News. Deputies, called to the Airport Inn trailer park at 12:45 a.m. for a disturbance report, found medics performing CPR on Lange's 51-year-old alleged boyfriend, who was later pronounced dead at Swedish Hospital.

Kiro 7 reports that witnesses claims they saw Lange throw her boyfriend down in the back of the mobile home. She was later found by witnesses with her chest covering the victim's face. Police noted the size difference between Lange and her boyfriend -- she was 5-feet, 6-inches and 192 pounds, he was 5-feet, 7-inches and 175 pounds.

Other women around the world are known to have allegedly used their breasts as weapons.

In November, German lawyer Tim Schmidt claimed his girlfriend tried to smother him with her 38DD breasts. Schmidt said she pretended it was a sex game, the Daily Mail reported. "I asked her why she wanted to smother me to death with her breasts and she told me: 'Treasure - I wanted your death to be as pleasurable as possible,'" he said.

The 33-year-old woman was reportedly accused of "attempted manslaughter with a weapon," according to the Daily Mail.

A U.K. mother of three nearly smothered her boyfriend with her 40LL breasts while they were having sex in 2010, CBS reported via News of the World. She mistook his flailing for excitement, until she noticed that he had stopped moving and appeared to not be breathing. Luckily, the two broke up shortly thereafter.

http://main.aol.com/..._n_2488747.html

A Washington woman is accused of using her breasts to smother and kill her boyfriend after an altercation at their mobile home.

no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg

• Upvote 1

What? Where are you getting this info? I'm apparently in the dark, because everything I'm reading is eluding to the bushmaster being locked in the car, and four handguns being used in the school, and only pistol rounds being recovered in the school itself.

My mistake if that was bad info. Thanks M2

The easiest place to find the correct info is Wikipedia (while not an acceptable reference, it does source its information). This hit the gun forums multiple times about 2-3 weeks ago, and if you watch the video you will see it's from shortly after the shooting. Later releases corrected the initial claim that he only had handguns.

Don't worry about it, it's caused a lot of confusion as the story gets regurgitated.

Cheers! M2