WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

http://news.yahoo.co...-145407675.html

My favorite line...

"It's tough to find out who's responsible for the action as the cat doesn't speak," a prison spokesperson told local paper Estado de S.Paulo.

Yes, but did you read the comments section? Lots of good one liners, but the best has to be: "If they would have given the cat little boots and a sword it would have never been caught."

• Upvote 1

Wow, does the cost, complexity, and extra maintenance really make up for the advantages of a telescoping nose? Interesting concepts.

I can't imagine it does, especially on a small aircraft; I'm thinking this is going to be a big waste.

There are actually a few companies looking at the concept of a SSBJ (STS). There probably is a very small market considering the fact that there are 747 "business jets" flying around now. I doubt there's room for more than one company, but Gulfstream probably has the best chance of anyone out there. Agreed that it's ugly though.

Wow, does the cost, complexity, and extra maintenance really make up for the advantages of a telescoping nose? Interesting concepts.

The shape of the nose is designed to decrease the magnitude of the shock waves in order to make overland supersonic flight legal outside of controlled airspace. It's very long, making it impractical for ground operations. So yes, the disadvantages are outweighed by the advantages.

The shape of the nose is designed to decrease the magnitude of the shock waves in order to make overland supersonic flight legal outside of controlled airspace. It's very long, making it impractical for ground operations. So yes, the disadvantages are outweighed by the advantages.

I guess time will ultimately tell that one.

That's pretty cool!

It definitely is; the proliferation of technology is ridiculous. Things seem to be antiquated before they even get produced. "Oh you have the newest Kindle? Neat-o because here's a piece of electronic paper that's 500,000 times better, but it's not quite as cool as this USB cable you jab into your ear that uploads all the world's knowledge directly to your brain."

It definitely is; the proliferation of technology is ridiculous. Things seem to be antiquated before they even get produced. "Oh you have the newest Kindle? Neat-o because here's a piece of electronic paper that's 500,000 times better, but it's not quite as cool as this USB cable you jab into your ear that uploads all the world's knowledge directly to your brain."

I'll wait for that before I sign up for SOS Correspondence

• Upvote 1