WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

I asked an Army Guard NCO, who works at billeting on my base, why he was wearing his helmet if he was just working in the office for the day. He said he was on his way out the door and had to drive the HMMV. What, you have to wear a combat helmet to drive a friggin' HMMV on a stateside base? Seriously? "Yup. Any time you drive a military vehicle, you've got to wear a helmet."

I guess that makes the ride-on lawnmower a military vehicle. Why haven't they painted it desert tan yet?

So glad I didn't join the Army.

Only in the Army...

74209_530466816980873_1816563489_n.jpg

Safety FIRST!! I like the earplugs, eye protection, boots (probably steel toe), brain bucket, and most of all...the reflective belt. I do have a problem with all that bare arm skin showing. Dude probably should lose a stripe.

I asked an Army Guard NCO, who works at billeting on my base, why he was wearing his helmet if he was just working in the office for the day. He said he was on his way out the door and had to drive the HMMV. What, you have to wear a combat helmet to drive a friggin' HMMV on a stateside base? Seriously? "Yup. Any time you drive a military vehicle, you've got to wear a helmet."

I guess that makes the ride-on lawnmower a military vehicle. Why haven't they painted it desert tan yet?

So glad I didn't join the Army.

The Navy isn't much better. Can't even climb up the ladder without wearing a helmet of some sort.

Just more confirming they're not too bright up there in Tallahassee!

Florida State fan apparently put on face paint in the mirror, because her “FSU” was backwards

fsu.jpg

At some point, at a very young age, we realize that when we look at something in a mirror, it's reversed. That's a pretty neat day for most toddlers, but we're usually not surprised by it the rest of our lives.

Apparently, however, one Florida State fan forgot this lesson. Her face paint, which was caught on camera by ESPN and posted as a freeze frame by Deadspin, was backwards. Instead of FSU, it's "USF," all reversed.

Insert facepalm here.

The only reasonable explanation is that she put on the face paint looking in the mirror, and it looked just fine to her. She seems pretty oblivious as she happily cheers on the Seminoles in the third quarter.

We wonder if anyone at the game told her about the faux pas. How else would she know she screwed it up? She's obviously not going to notice when she gets home and looks in the mirror at it.

Of course, after Florida's big win over the 'Noles, maybe she's become a University of South Florida fan!

• Upvote 1

http://sacramento.cb...led-by-pumpkin/

STOCKTON (CBS13) – The hunt is on for the suspects behind a bizarre and brazen attack in Stockton. The dangerous weapon used was a pumpkin.

Police say the woman was pummeled by the pumpkin in a drive-by assault.

Remains of the pumpkin that the suspects threw at a woman can still be seen on the ground. Her injuries were so serious that she had to be rushed to the hospital.

It was a scary and frightening situation as the 51-year-old woman took a Thanksgiving stroll on Wilson Way near Roosevelt Street, only to be victimized during a senseless attack.

“It’s rude and immature,” said one man.

Stockton police say the culprits hurled a pumpkin out of a fast moving car, and aimed it right at the woman. It hit her in the middle of the chest.

The injuries and the pain so severe, paramedics took her to the hospital. People who live and work in the area say, unfortunately, violence in the area isn’t all that surprising.

“Right here on Wilson Way, it’s the worst that I’ve seen it,” said the man.

Investigators are trying to figure out why, and who would do this on a day centered around being thankful.

Currently, investigators only know that whoever did this was in a white four-door vehicle. The good news is that the woman is out of the hospital and doing recovering well from her injuries.

When arrested, the suspects will face charges of assault with a deadly weapon.

So far, police are calling this a random attack.

Edited by Scaredfuzz21

Sure-- if all landmine fields are in dry lake beds with no obstacles, hills, and the winds are constant.

Always looking at the bright side...