WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

You can wear it to church. You can't wear it to at an event to promote your church out on the town.

Why not? I'm not trolling, I've never heard that and have a little trouble imagining why it would be the case(*). Although I don't really know what you mean by a church promoting event.

*Unless it's the Westboro Baptist Church I guess.

Why not? I'm not trolling, I've never heard that and have a little trouble imagining why it would be the case(*). Although I don't really know what you mean by a church promoting event.

*Unless it's the Westboro Baptist Church I guess.

You can't use the uniform to promote any outside cause, whether it's cancer research, a politician, or a church. Unless it's been cleared through PA, wearing the uniform to some kind of promotional event (say, manning your church's booth at festival or fair) creates the impression that your church is being sponsored by the USAF. You, as an individual member, have a responsibility not to portray yourself as an official representative of the Air Force supporting any cause that hasn't been cleared through PA.

WTF?

The Canada Stripper Visa is No More

Our neighbors to the north announced that they will be cutting off the Canadian stripper visa. With a shortage of homegrown strippers, Canadian bar owners say their entire industry is threatened. The bars will now either have to pay more to attract Canuck strippers or seek out strippers from a different source -- foreign students. (Full article at link)

WTF! Chick is in trouble for tweeting the names of the guys who sexually assaulted her...

http://news.yahoo.co...-174732753.html

Utmost respect for this girl.

"So many of my rights have been taken away by these boys," Dietrich told Louisville's Courier-Journal. "I'm at the point that if I have to go to jail for my rights, I will do it. If they really feel it's necessary to throw me in jail for talking about what happened to me as opposed to throwing these boys in jail for what they did to me, then I don't understand justice."

If it were my daughter, I'd be facing more than 180 days in jail and a $500 fine for what I'd do to those boys.

Potato peeler or cheese grater. Make sure they cannot even consider putting their dicks where they do not belong again.

Utmost respect for this girl.

An underaged female drinking so much that she passes out at a party doesn't get my "utmost respect." That doesn't condone what happened, but a little personal responsibility is also in order.

Plus, the identities of the two offenders were ordered secret by the court; most likely because they were also juveniles. Now she's broken the law as well, and to what end? How is identifying her attackers getting her justice? The First Amendment is not absolute, and she (and her lawyers) know that.

She tried to take the law into her own hands, and now she's getting stung by it.

What a fucking mess...

An underaged female drinking so much that she passes out at a party doesn't get my "utmost respect." That doesn't condone what happened, but a little personal responsibility is also in order.

Plus, the identities of the two offenders were ordered secret by the court; most likely because they were also juveniles. Now she's broken the law as well, and to what end? How is identifying her attackers getting her justice? The First Amendment is not absolute, and she (and her lawyers) know that.

She tried to take the law into her own hands, and now she's getting stung by it.

What a fucking mess...

I am not going to judge her for doing something stupid. A lot of teenagers do. This should have never happened to her. It was not right of her to go to a party and drink underage, but it is not like this does not happen amongst teenagers all over. Even so, no one cut her off after she started to exhibit drunk symptoms, no one had the presence of mind to stay sober to take people home if need be, and ultimately no one had her back and protected her. The two offenders also shared pictures of the assault. They outed themselves initially. She knew she was breaking the law releasing the names, but this attack occurred in August of 2011 and does not sound like it has brought her justice.

I do not know what she hoped to accomplish by naming the attackers, but I respect her progress from being a terrorized victim to taking an effort to stand up where the courts seem to have hit the brakes. Maybe my feelings on the situation are not right, but they run parallel to hers.

Edited by Masshole

I am not going to judge her for doing something stupid. A lot of teenagers do. This should have never happened to her. It was not right of her to go to a party and drink underage, but it is not like this does not happen amongst teenagers all over. Even so, no one cut her off after she started to exhibit drunk symptoms, no one had the presence of mind to stay sober to take people home if need be, and ultimately no one had her back and protected her. The two offenders also shared pictures of the assault. They outed themselves initially. She knew she was breaking the law releasing the names, but this attack occurred in August of 2011 and does not sound like it has brought her justice. I do not know what she hoped to accomplish by naming the attackers, but I respect her progress from being a terrorized victim to taking an effort to stand up where the courts seem to have hit the brakes. Maybe my feelings on the situation are not right, but they run parallel to hers.

Like I said, no one is condoning what happened to her; but it doesn't justify her breaking the law either. She doesn't get to decide what justice is imposed, we have a court system that does that and if she feels she has to take matters into her own hands then she had better be ready to accept the consequences.

So, does she have my sympathy? Yes. "Utmost respect?" No.

And while teenagers do stupid things all the time (I did, and mine do as well), that too isn't a "pass" no more than it should be for the two that assaulted her...

And while teenagers do stupid things all the time (I did, and mine do as well), that too isn't a "pass" no more than it should be for the two that assaulted her...

True, but on the scale of "Stupid Things Teenagers Do," getting drunk and rape are probably an order of magnitude or two apart...

• Upvote 1

Even so, no one cut her off after she started to exhibit drunk symptoms, no one had the presence of mind to stay sober to take people home if need be

I don't know what high school or college parties you have been but it isn't a dinner party, the point (however you may feel on the matter) is to get blackout drunk. As for the rest of that agreed someone should have stayed sober enough to keep an eye on things.

and ultimately no one had her back and protected her

That goes back to personal responsibility, almost no one will ever have a greater concern for your well-being besides you. If you feel comfortable getting black-out drunk and trusting your safety to others than this is a risk you take.

They outed themselves initially. She knew she was breaking the law releasing the names, but this attack occurred in August of 2011 and does not sound like it has brought her justice.

From what I read the prosecution did not inform her or her attorneys that they had struck a plea with the attackers and she found out from the judge that everything was to be sealed. Maybe this is standard for crimes like this, and yes criminal trials are "the State of X vs criminal" not "victim vs criminal" but still, I would think victim input is important in cases like this. Maybe the prosecution could have avoided this mess had they taken a different approach?

From what I read the prosecution did not inform her or her attorneys that they had struck a plea with the attackers and she found out from the judge that everything was to be sealed. Maybe this is standard for crimes like this, and yes criminal trials are "the State of X vs criminal" not "victim vs criminal" but still, I would think victim input is important in cases like this. Maybe the prosecution could have avoided this mess had they taken a different approach?

Agreed. It's weak that someone can sexually assault a passed out person at a party, take pictures, post it on social media, and get away with a plea bargain. What other evidence does the prosecution/judge need?

M2 - yeah she broke the law, but agreed to the consequences of it in her tweet. She's willing to sacrifice herself to make sure she gets justice and weak dick plea bargains like this stop. I have nothing but respect for her.

Personal responsibility - got it. A lack thereof does endorse a lack of justice.