WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

These people vote.

This was the bumper sticker a lot of people in my hometown had when I was growing up. Damn hippies.

41LkZ-Bm4zL._SL500_AA300_.gif

And this was my favorite t-shirt for a while:

2ias6kh.jpg

Edited by TacAirCoug

The base I'm at is trying to address some DUIs that have come down recently.. ~6 reported in 2012..

What came down is this contract that every rater/ratee is required to sign and a copy will go everyone's PIF.. Everyone is pissed about it.. Is this sort of contract even legal? I can't get a straight answer on what happens if I or one of my dudes refuses to sign it.. I'm all for being pro-active in trying to keep dudes from getting DUIs but this seems a little ridiculous but maybe I'm just paranoid...

Here is the text of the contract:

Airmen against Drunk Driving

Agreement for Life

Help your Wingmen and family stay alive – don’t’ let them drink and drive!

I understand the dangers involved in operating a motor vehicle while impaired. I WILL NOT DRIVE if I have been drinking. If I am placed in a situation where a person driving is impaired, I PROMISE to call a Wingman to ask for advice or a ride, regardless of the hour or circumstances.

NAME

Because I care about you and others, when you contact me I PROMISE to help you through any situation in a non-judgmental way, either by suggesting possible solutions, or by providing alternative transportation, no matter what the hour or circumstances.

NAME

HOW THIS AGREEMENT WORKS

· Both parties must read, discuss and reach an agreement on the terms.

· This agreement provides an arrangement that has proven to be effective for many.

· This agreement is designed to be used as a forum for discussion between front-line supervisors and subordinates.

· This agreement is a practical step in dealing with the realities of situations that involve drinking and driving.

· This agreement can be made between supervisors and subordinates, Wingmen - Wingman, or family members.

Plan a sober ride home before setting out, designate a sober driver, call home, take a taxi, walk home with a Wingman, arrange to stay over with a Wingman or family, take local transit, or call AADD at ###-XXXX

Edited by Helo Kitty

The base I'm at is trying to address some DUIs that have come down recently.. ~6 reported in 2012..

What came down is this contract that every rater/ratee is required to sign and a copy will go everyone's PIF.. Everyone is pissed about it.. Is this sort of contract even legal? I can't get a straight answer on what happens if I or one of my dudes refuses to sign it.. I'm all for being pro-active in trying to keep dudes from getting DUIs but this seems a little ridiculous but maybe I'm just paranoid...

Agreement for Life

I understand the dangers involved in operating a motor vehicle while impaired. I WILL NOT DRIVE if I have been drinking. If I am placed in a situation where a person driving is impaired, I PROMISE to call a Wingman to ask for advice or a ride, regardless of the hour or circumstances.

NAME

Because I care about you and others, when you contact me I PROMISE to help you through any situation in a non-judgmental way, either by suggesting possible solutions, or by providing alternative transportation, no matter what the hour or circumstances.

NAME

HOW THIS AGREEMENT WORKS

· This agreement provides an arrangement that has proven to be effective for many.

· This agreement is designed to be used as a forum for discussion between front-line supervisors and subordinates.

· This agreement is a practical step in dealing with the realities of situations that involve drinking and driving.

· This agreement can be made between supervisors and subordinates, Wingmen - Wingman, or family members.

Plan a sober ride home before setting out, designate a sober driver, call home, take a taxi, walk home with a Wingman, arrange to stay over with a Wingman or family, take local transit, or call AADD at ###-XXXX

Same thing here but to follow 0013...says it is just a "voluntary pledge" but supervision is expected to strive for 100% signing

Edited by magnetfreezer

No way in HELL I would sign something like that. If it looks/sounds/smells like a binding contract, there better be a damn good reason why I am signing it. Your leadership is really grasping at straws with this one. As a Flt/CC, all of my dudes know they can call anytime if they need a ride. When one of them decides not to (God forbid), I will have no part in the consequences they face outside of meeting with the boss about it and the sh!tty OPR I'll have to slap together. This contract seems to further tie you (and/or me) in to the idiot decisions other people make outside of the workplace. I want no part of that. We are adults. When we decide to make stupid decisions, we alone should face the consequences. Unfortunately, the AF sees otherwise.

So how does this work? When a signer gets a DUI does the Wing CC pull this "contract" out and try to spread the responsibility to the accused supervisor?

This sh!t makes me furious.

No way in HELL I would sign something like that. If it looks/sounds/smells like a binding contract, there better be a damn good reason why I am signing it. Your leadership is really grasping at straws with this one. As a Flt/CC, all of my dudes know they can call anytime if they need a ride. When one of them decides not to (God forbid), I will have no part in the consequences they face outside of meeting with the boss about it and the sh!tty OPR I'll have to slap together. This contract seems to further tie you (and/or me) in to the idiot decisions other people make outside of the workplace. I want no part of that. We are adults. When we decide to make stupid decisions, we alone should face the consequences. Unfortunately, the AF sees otherwise.

So how does this work? When a signer gets a DUI does the Wing CC pull this "contract" out and try to spread the responsibility to the accused supervisor?

This sh!t makes me furious.

We were briefed that this "0-1-3" has worked at other wings, that it's not meant to be a binding contract, and that the idea is to get people thinking "well, I've exceeded the "0-1-3" guidelines, I'm not driving home". The idea is to give people a red line to assess their status against, rather than "Eh, I don't feel that drunk".

The dead horse has been thoroughly beat. In over five years in my current squadron, I've been summoned to the auditorium to hear the sitting CC's take on an in-house alcohol related incident no fewer than 7 times. If additional guidelines are needed by certain individuals in the organization, they need to be removed immediately. The responsibilities placed upon us on a daily basis in our duties suggests to me that those unable to make correct decisions with alcohol have no place operating a 500K lb aircraft or dropping bombs or guarding the wire etc.... Despite the weight Big Blue thrusts upon us in our mission, we are continually treated like small children because of the actions of a few people who do not understand how to responsibly function in this system.

This contract is another disgusting attempt to cover the asses of the leadership who would rather try to protect these "bad apples" rather than booting them out the door upon due process.

• Upvote 1

We were briefed that this "0-1-3" has worked at other wings, that it's not meant to be a binding contract, and that the idea is to get people thinking "well, I've exceeded the "0-1-3" guidelines, I'm not driving home". The idea is to give people a red line to assess their status against, rather than "Eh, I don't feel that drunk".

Seriously...we have dudes out there making decisions to take home a "10" and then end up waking up with a "1" after a night of heavy drinking...does the Air Force really think someone that drunk is going to go through a "0-1-3 check" or 0-0-1-3 BS (or whatever the hell they are calling it these days) before driving home? I'm sorry, but if dudes can't have a plan to get home when they are sober and decide to drink and drive drunk, there is no checklist that is going to help them when they already have a "1" on their arm.

Have a "get home" plan before you go out drinking. It really is that simple. If you make the mistake of drinking and getting drunk before you have a plan, you may have to get that "1" or "the fat chick" to take you home...you deserve it!

• Upvote 1

Agreement for Life

NAME

NAME

HOW THIS AGREEMENT WORKS

God this shit makes me so crazy. Standard. They publish statistics for on/off the job accidents, aircraft incidents, DUIs, etc., etc., and then brief them as if every time there is an upswing, the sky is falling. I won't discount that general cultural changes can have meaningful impacts, but the AF loves to respond to numbers that don't even come close to a threshold delineating anything statistically meaningful.

Wing commander to wing: "Last year the base had 8 DUIs and this year we had 12 for a 50% increase!!!! What are we doing wrong? Clearly we need some sort of remediation strategy to be implemented in order to get the trend headed back in the right direction."

For ######s sake grandpa. The god damned sample size is meaningless, it doesn't suggest a trend, it's just normal variance. Can you stop wasting my time and let me go back to work? Every other month with this shit.

hippysmoke.jpg

Nice try Vertigo, but no way she's hippie. I submit:

1) Her hair looks washed sometime in the past calendar year

2) She wears makeup

3) No way that shirt is made from hemp and might actually be <gasp> a synthetic fiber

4) She's hittable

:beer:

Seriously...we have dudes out there making decisions to take home a "10" and then end up waking up with a "1" after a night of heavy drinking...does the Air Force really think someone that drunk is going to go through a "0-1-3 check" or 0-0-1-3 BS (or whatever the hell they are calling it these days) before driving home? I'm sorry, but if dudes can't have a plan to get home when they are sober and decide to drink and drive drunk, there is no checklist that is going to help them when they already have a "1" on their arm.

Have a "get home" plan before you go out drinking. It really is that simple. If you make the mistake of drinking and getting drunk before you have a plan, you may have to get that "1" or "the fat chick" to take you home...you deserve it!

I don't understand your scale. The only scale I understand right now is "1" or "0"...