WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

War crimes leading to death? That's either a typo, overzealous leadership, or a hell of a story. 

Name omitted because we all know the USAF never gets it wrong. Available on the JAG docket of course. Also a host over other charges; drugs, conduct unbecoming etc.

Screenshot_20200330-202215.png

55 minutes ago, Waingro said:

War crimes leading to death? That's either a typo, overzealous leadership, or a hell of a story. 

Name omitted because we all know the USAF never gets it wrong. Available on the JAG docket of course. Also a host over other charges; drugs, conduct unbecoming etc.

Screenshot_20200330-202215.png

In the Travis AFB mission set, it takes an unusual amount of hate to achieve war crimes leading to death.  What'd they do, land wheels up on a group of enemy combatants?

And does that rate an Air Medal or GCM?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Did they ever get around to building sun shades/shelters for their jets or are we about to go through the whole dumpster fire of sending everyone else's jets to them again?

The T-6s have sun shades. When left last year they were in the planning phase for T-1s however they should be able to hangar almost every T-1 and T-38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it’s more so has to do with planning placement, rows, numbers to cover, cost estimates, and TERPS stipulations and waived criteria because of the inside runway distance. Trust me I know more about this then I want to know.

With that said, we don’t own the designs at Columbus or Vance so we can’t use those. Also, I don’t think the Vance fabric will hold up in the dry west Texas sun for too long. Not sure what Columbus has.

Also, funds are extremely difficult to come by. I think we spent $8 mil on the T-6 shades. Add in the fact everything cost more because of Del Rio’s remoteness. (I can give you a story about the west gate project if you want to truly understand)

3 hours ago, Bode said:

(I can give you a story about the west gate project if you want to truly understand)

If you're willing to type it, I'd like to read it.  I spent 4 years in Del Rio many moons ago.  

If you're willing to type it, I'd like to read it.  I spent 4 years in Del Rio many moons ago.  

I will keep it shorter in nature. Based on some installation security requirement changes after 9/11 the main gate off highway 90 didn’t meet requirements because of the close distance to the railroad tracks. Fast forward to 2016 and the AF finally decides to do something about it. The goal was to make the west gate the primary entrance by adding a visitors center and covered vehicle inspection area.

When this all started in ‘16 the CE and acquisitions peeps estimated the cost to be roughly $2M. There wasn’t any money in the bank for it so the base petitioned the state of Texas for a grant (a system in place to help keep TX based up to date making it harder to BRAC IMO). TX offered up $3M or so. The acq peeps then did up all the docs to push the project out for bids and nothing not a single bid. After reaching out to potential bidders they found out no one bid because all personnel needed a background check. The base decided it would be easier to build a temp perimeter fence to allow the project to be an off installation build and no need for background checks.

Fast forward and 1 bidder shows up out of SAT to the turn of $3M, well above the estimates. The understood justification was a lack of qualified personnel in the local area.

The project got done eventually, well behind schedule. So $3M for a parking lot and one building. Below are a couple screenshots of a during and after of the gate.

Oh and the rumors of the west gate not being used because DLF becomes a remote tour, not true.

735d02bbdab2da253a2eda7e30bec92c.jpg

3317e5d917a9fc8f6a615e2334d49643.jpg

Seems par for the course wrt to construction projects on DOD installations.  Like being required to make an alert facility be ADA compliant.  A facility that sits on a flightline, where only able-bodied service members will live/work...beyond ridiculous.   For what we got, the money we spent on that project should be criminal.

Edited by SocialD

Picture from the Frogfoot accident, some claiming the tanker hit saved the C-130 but the missile ended up hitting a house killing two adults and (now claimed) three children. 

It is unknown whether there was anyone in or around the Herc at the time of the incident.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor