WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Gotta be careful out there these days, guys; it's not just Thailand where you run across these...

Six Tour, 240lb Bearded Marine Has Completed Transformation Into a Small Woman

Sona Avedian, formerly known as Matthew, is a six tour combat veteran who served in the United States Marine Corps. Upon leaving the Corps, he grew a thick, bushy beard and settled into family life with his wife and daughter.

However, Avedian says that she had always identified as a girl, but hid that side of herself leading up to and during her military service.

In 2012, Avedian started hormone therapy, lost 100lbs and had breast implants done.

dfjkn2354.jpg

(Full story at title link)

In local WTF news...

The SAPD Sex Crimes Unit issued an Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child arrest warrant for Austin Fortner. Detectives from the department's Repeat Offenders Program arrested Fortner at his home last night without incident. Call the SAPD Sex Crimes Unit if you have information on this case at 207-2313.

12063775_1021514511202215_58904043874085

• 2 weeks later...

Yup.

Lot of dumb lemmings parroting the phrase "be more like Europe" without having any clue as to how those countries manage that system.

I wonder how he would have felt if she had been told at age 12, "no sweetheart you didn't qualify high enough so you aren't going to college."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check this out!

On MSNBC "Morning Joe" news crawler! "President Obama announces Medal of Honor recipients, including Steven Spielberg and Willy Mays"

Obvious typo but with this administration I wouldn't be surprised if it was true!

The additional recipient name that was cut off the pic is Willie Mays!!

Offensive to all that serve!

image1.jpeg

OK, I don't have a subscription, and my Google-fu is failing to locate this outside the SI.com site--so, bear with me....

Not a regular Sports Illustrated reader, so I'm a bit late on this.  Anyone else look at the 2 Nov issue (with the Royals' Lorenzo Cain on the cover)?  One of the cover stories:  "Gaming the System:  The E-Sports Revolution."  Inside (p. 64), the article's title is "Game of Throngs."  If you get further than two paragraphs into the 8-page (!!!) article...  well, you & I don't live on the same planet.

What.  The.  Ever.  Loving.  Fuck?!?!?!!!?  This is a real thing??  People buying tickets to sit in a stadium 12,000 seats deep, to watch nerds play video games??

I've wasted more than few brain cells, more than a few quarters, more minutes of my life than I care to think about playing video games...  but, this is a "sport"?  Worthy of an 8-page spread?  (For comparison, that's the same number of pages dedicated to the World Series cover story--which had more space dedicated to pictures.)  In Sports Illustrated?  And--worst of all?-- people pay money to be spectators??!?

The apocalypse is nigh....

Psh.. for sure!  

My profile pic is for TSM - Team Solo Mid, one of the biggest League of Legends teams.  Another team, Cloud 9, has the AF Reserves as a sponsor.

World Championships just finished in Europe (last year was Korea, US before that).  Korean team "SKT TI" got $1 Mil for winning.

It's currently the biggest game in the world.  All Stars is coming with Marc Cuban playing a show match and Chris Kluwe probably attending.

OK, I don't have a subscription, and my Google-fu is failing to locate this outside the SI.com site--so, bear with me....

Not a regular Sports Illustrated reader, so I'm a bit late on this.  Anyone else look at the 2 Nov issue (with the Royals' Lorenzo Cain on the cover)?  One of the cover stories:  "Gaming the System:  The E-Sports Revolution."  Inside (p. 64), the article's title is "Game of Throngs."  If you get further than two paragraphs into the 8-page (!!!) article...  well, you & I don't live on the same planet.

What.  The.  Ever.  Loving.  Fuck?!?!?!!!?  This is a real thing??  People buying tickets to sit in a stadium 12,000 seats deep, to watch nerds play video games??

I've wasted more than few brain cells, more than a few quarters, more minutes of my life than I care to think about playing video games...  but, this is a "sport"?  Worthy of an 8-page spread?  (For comparison, that's the same number of pages dedicated to the World Series cover story--which had more space dedicated to pictures.)  In Sports Illustrated?  And--worst of all?-- people pay money to be spectators??!?

The apocalypse is nigh....

Baseball's league championship games were shown on TBS and MLB Network this year...the game is dead.  And it's not coming back until they change the rules to eliminate the starting pitcher being pulled so that a left handed reliever can pitch to one batter only to be pulled and replaced by a right handed reliever and then an average of two pitchers per inning thereafter with commercial breaks at every change.

I know the state of baseball isn't your point, but I guess mine is that e-sports doesn't have to meet a very high bar to be included in the issue when it's only displacing additional baseball coverage that nobody cares to read about...and I'm a baseball fan.

I get that I'm the resident nerd, and should be pre-disposed to e-sports and all it entails.  But I grew up watching baseball and going to Dodger games.  I collected cards and sticker books of baseballs players.

I don't even follow the game anymore.  It's simply too long, too boring and exactly as Mark1 says.  I hate the fact that a team can drop a whole series to another team.. and have it mean almost nothing when it comes October.  #1/2 spots switching/staying like professional wrestling.  We don't need football's 16-weeks, but we all don't need WWE's story-lines either.. or maybe we do.

Either way, e-sports is ok sized now and I expect it to grow immensely in the next decade.  A European League of Legends team just sold for over $1M.  Like soccer the barrier to entry is low and everyone can play.  You watch a nerd do a move online, and you can attempt it in your next game.  Can't do that with almost any other sport, in fact I can't think of any...

The only people decrying it as not a real sport are generally 40+ year-olds.  Sure, some people in their 30's (me) and younger make fun of it.. but they also usually play a lot of Madden, Call of Duty or other games as well.  Eventually there will be a game they like well enough to watch other people do it.

The only people decrying it as not a real sport are generally 40+ year-olds.

Ouch, and, guilty as charged....

OK, let's say I concede it's "a real sport"* (I don't, at least not yet--but, for argument's sake):  why in hell would I want to go to a stadium setting to watch it on a jumbotron?  Doesn't the very nature of beast lend itself to streaming?  If the "low barrier of entry" is the draw, wouldn't I actually prefer to be more "involved" by watching it on my own screen?  If the group event is the goal, wouldn't that be better achieved in someone's living room or a corner bar (corner internet café?)?

I just don't get it.  Is this my first true "I'm over 40 and don't understand these damn kids these days!" moment...??

PS:  Get off my lawn!

*EDIT:  I get that a league like this could be a hell of a lot of fun.  I just don't think it's a "sport" in any sense of the word I understand (I don't think poker is, either, but it gets shown on ESPN).  I *really* don't get the stadium aspect....

Edited by Jughead

Ouch, and, guilty as charged....

OK, let's say I concede it's "a real sport" (I don't, at least not yet--but, for argument's sake):  why in hell would I want to go to a stadium setting to watch it on a jumbotron?  Doesn't the very nature of beast lend itself to streaming?  If the "low barrier of entry" is the draw, wouldn't I actually prefer to be more "involved" by watching it on my own screen?  If the group event is the goal, wouldn't that be better achieved in someone's living room or a corner bar (corner internet café?)?

I just don't get it.  Is this my first true "I'm over 40 and don't understand these damn kids these days!" moment...??

PS:  Get off my lawn!

I didn't mean that as a negative, it's a generational thing!

I watched it on stream, and there were "viewing parties" in a couple (again.. small-popularity now) bars in my town.  But, why go to a football game, or baseball game?  Heck, why go to a movie or concert.  There's an experience around it.  The European crowd was fantastic and it was much like a sporting even -- waves, costumes, team jersey's, terrible food and over priced beer, shouts for players or characters and announcers over the whole thing.

Here's a video from 2 years ago when there was a tourney in France (mind the french).  The character they're talking about is Pantheon and he looks like Leonidas from 300.  Hence the chant, doesn't that seem like at least a little fun?

EDIT - Forgot to say I'm not sure if it's a real sport or something else.  But the money being thrown around, the infrastructure around the most successful teams, and the practice and talent of the best players has to be something.  We can call them athletes, cyber-athletes, or e-athletes.  Point is, it's not just "playing a game."  

Kinda the same with Cyber +Ops.. it's not just support anymore.. but is it warfare or operations?  Some still say no, others yes.

Edited by 17D_guy