WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

*note: after watching news clips on this subject to me it seems that the people that are complaining the most about the scanners were either:

A) obese

B) had fake tits

I'd say that's the same demographic making up the bulk of airline travellers, so I'm not sure that proves anything.... :beer:

You know it! Though I have yet to buy some man-capri-pants or get a purse...I mean satchel.

If people don't want to be subjected to airport security:

1. Don't fly, thus avoiding all this

or

2. Reduce security but increase your personal comfort, thus while accepting the increase in threat from people who want to do bad things.

It was my understanding that the new scanners are a response to situations like the underwear-bomber. Just as we started going shoe-less after the shoe bomber. (what's next on the explosive attire list?) If you don't want to go through the scanner, then you get the new and improved TSA frisk. If you refuse that, well what then? Should they just take your word that you're a good guy?

Is there other technology out there that can get the same job done? What happened to the puffers?

*note: after watching news clips on this subject to me it seems that the people that are complaining the most about the scanners were either:

A) obese

B) had fake tits

Where does it end though (ex. if the next guy is a suppository bomber)?

Of course it's the fucking French... :bash:

Furious Ryanair passengers protest in plane

BRUSSELS (AFP) – More than 100 angry Ryanair passengers sat in a dark cabin without food or water for four hours Wednesday, refusing to leave their plane after it was diverted to Belgium, authorities and passengers said.

The passengers, mostly French tourists who were supposed to land near Paris after returning from holidays in Morocco, refused to come out of the aircraft even after the crew had left it at the Liege airport in southern Belgium.

The flight had left Fes, Morocco three hours late thus was unable to land at its original destination in Beauvais, France, because that airport had closed, so it diverted to Liège, Belgium (which isn't a bad place, it on the Muese River and we used to go there a lot when I was at SHAPE).

But instead of taking the buses offered to their destination, which would have taken 3.5 hours, they sat their asses on the plane all night in protest.

Dumbfucks. I could imagine the smell was pretty horrible. At least to us civilized folks.

Plenty of time to hunt when you retire. Not much time to be part of the greatest branch of the most powerful military force in the history of the planet. Keep that in mind.

I was just joking around, absolutely agree. I wouldn't trade what I'm doing for anything, including hunting. Though it would be awesome if I can take leave for a week next Elk season...at least there's always that pipe dream.

No, but you have to admit it's strange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9EpqBf0oCY&feature=related

Here is what is strange. How did The Body get past security and into the Terminal without a Pat-Down?! Idiots. They built an Airport on a large enough piece of land in a growing city so they would have room for expansion. I grew up on the outskirts of O'Hare and can remember all the debates and votes about expanding the runways. Denver is a relatively young and expanding city and the people that built KDEN learned the lessons from cities like Chicago and Boston and New York and built their airport in a place that allowed for necessary expansion without as much hassle. The people that make this show need to be asking themselves what those strange smoke trails that come off the wings of the KC-10 are...that is the real mystery!

Intoxicated Passenger Drops Cruise Ship Anchor

A surveillance video shows Ehlert taking multiple steps to deploy the anchor while the ship was in motion. The MS Ryndam's maximum speed is 22 knots, which is approximately 25 mph, according to Holland America's website.

Ehlert confessed to dropping the ship's anchor when questioned by special agents from the FBI. He admitted to being intoxicated at the time and detailed the multiple steps he took in deploying the anchor, including entering an area marked as off-limits to passengers.

That's actually kind of impressive.

Guest Crew Report

Check it out! A sweet new rap video from Altus America... At least some one is claiming it! WTF.

No shots of the new Sonic or Scooters? I'm disappointed.

• Upvote 1

We all knew this was happening (some first hand, maybe?) but GAWD DAYUM!

You did me business ethics propsal for me I need propsal got approved pls can you will write me paper?

I want to see a 75 page paper written in this version of English. It took me 5 minutes to read that sentence and I still don't know what it means.

Somebody in your classroom uses a service that you can't detect, that you can't defend against, that you may not even know exists.

I don't get it. In the UK, if you are suspected of using someone else to write your academic assignments, they pull you into a room and give you an interview on the subject. Is he really saying that academics in the US are not wise to this practise and cannot defend against it?

I don't get it. In the UK, if you are suspected of using someone else to write your academic assignments, they pull you into a room and give you an interview on the subject. Is he really saying that academics in the US are not wise to this practise and cannot defend against it?

Maybe at the top tier schools- but your every-day-run-of-the-mill university is just a diploma factory. I don't know what the rate is of students who go onto uni in the UK, but in the U.S. it's about 70%. That's roughly 2 million kids entering uni each year- which means some universities sacrifice individual attention and quality for the sake of quantity.

If you read the comments, there are multiple teachers who say they've done just that, but it isn't considered proof enough by the administration of the school.

Guest StreamOfTheSky

I blame the very existence of the term paper. Even if you do write it yourself, when you're asked to write so many tens of pages or tens of thousands of words on something, it really is just an assignment telling you to produce mass quantities of bs. The fact that the guy interviewed says he doesn't edit and is skilled in turning a paragraph of useful information into pages and yet his work seems to do well with professors is pretty damn telling. I'm just glad my major required substantive lab reports instead of term papers; I love hisotry but actually avoided taking any classes of it lest I be asked to waste my time on one of those stupid term papers. If the assignments were more along the lines of, "present a well defended argument as articulately as possible" with no regard for how long it took you to do it (or even encourage keeping it as succinct as possible, more time per paper to actually grade and scrutinize, then!) I bet that the cheating would be cut at least in half. Some lazy rich folks, dumb people, or poorly fluent immigrants may always try to buck the system, but the system can still be improved.

Edited by StreamOfTheSky

The fact that the guy interviewed says he doesn't edit and is skilled in turning a paragraph of useful information into pages and yet his work seems to do well with professors is pretty damn telling.

Now if he could turn those papers into Powerpoint presentations, he might just have something there...