WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

Not sure if this belongs more in this thread or the Russia one, but here you go...those crazy Japanese

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/03/16/japanese-netizens-put-reality-on-hold-for-a-moment-fall-in-love-with-new-attorney-general-of-crimea/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

features the young woman answering questions and “blinking rapidly”.

natalia-1.gif?w=580&h=325

Meh.... M-word outdoes that in the first 3 minutes of any speech or interview....

• Upvote 2

Who is the most brain damaged, the toe sucker or the woman dumb enough to believe him?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/Walmart-toe-sucker-sought-786543

Just you're friendly neighborhood Podiatrist-in-training....sounded legit

The Academy will adjust its rated classification process starting this fall to meet its targets for combat systems officers, air battle managers and remotely piloted aircraft pilots using an "all-in" process similar to one now in place in the Air Force ROTC program, said Laurie Carroll, the Academy's director of manpower and personnel.

Is this actually true?

p.s. - agreed...WTF; seems really dumb. If you (i.e. the AF) is having trouble filling CSO/ABM/RPA then perhaps they need to offer incentives rather than, once again, try to coerce people who truly only want to be pilots...just a thought.

p.p.s. - also if CSO manning is a problem why isn't there a bonus? To me no bonus = manning problem not that severe. Hell, 12M was slated to get desolated under the RIF matrices. Smoke and mirrors standing in for personnel problems as usual.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

Rumor mill is in ROTC they are going to start offering guaranteed slots to field training to those willing to sign the dotted line saying they will compete for a rated slot when they return from field training. Catch is you have to compete for all three positions and accept whatever you are selected for or you can be disenrolled from ROTC.

Seems like a great way to not fix the manning problems, I wanted to be a pilot but there were other jobs that I wanted more than Nav or ABM. So instead of having an awesome intel officer you'll have a disgruntled ABM, sounds like a recipe for success to me.

Edited by Fuzz

Is this actually true?

p.s. - agreed...WTF; seems really dumb. If you (i.e. the AF) is having trouble filling CSO/ABM/RPA then perhaps they need to offer incentives rather than, once again, try to coerce people who truly only want to be pilots...just a thought.

p.p.s. - also if CSO manning is a problem why isn't there a bonus? To me no bonus = manning problem not that severe. Hell, 12M was slated to get desolated under the RIF matrices. Smoke and mirrors standing in for personnel problems as usual.

Do you mean 'decimated?'

This is akin to the OTS rated and non-rated selection boards. If you apply for the rated board, you must rank all the rated AFSCs and pray for the best. At least you find out your selected AFSC before you start OTS and can decline the OTS slot if you got something that you don't want.

This can be a bad deal for the Academy grads. In theory they can get an undesirable AFSC, wash out of training and the AF, get hit with tuition payback. Or get stuck with an undesirable AFSC and is locked in for the next 10 years...

But service before self right?

I'm convinced A1 is not going to stop until morale is completely removed from the AF.

Edited by PanchBarnes

This is akin to the OTS rated and non-rated selection boards. If you apply for the rated board, you must rank all the rated AFSCs and pray for the best. At least you find out your selected AFSC before you start OTS and can decline the OTS slot if you got something that you don't want.

This simply isn't true. While it's true that Non-Rated applicants list their top 5 choices but can be placed based on the needs of the AF, Rated applicants are only considered for the AFSC's that they list on their application. Once in a while the AF might offer a position (one that they didn't list) to a highly rack-and-stacked applicant that didn't make the cut-off for his/her first choice, but for the vast majority of Rated applicants, you are only considered for the position(s) that you list. Most recently, the 14OT02 board had a number of Pilot only applicants that were non-selects due to there being no pilot slots allotted for OTS applicants.

This simply isn't true. While it's true that Non-Rated applicants list their top 5 choices but can be placed based on the needs of the AF, Rated applicants are only considered for the AFSC's that they list on their application. Once in a while the AF might offer a position (one that they didn't list) to a highly rack-and-stacked applicant that didn't make the cut-off for his/her first choice, but for the vast majority of Rated applicants, you are only considered for the position(s) that you list. Most recently, the 14OT02 board had a number of Pilot only applicants that were non-selects due to there being no pilot slots allotted for OTS applicants.

I think we are saying the same thing. Perhaps I should have been more specific. OTS rated applicants will only be considered for the rated AFSCs. Non-rated applicants, like you said, listed their preferences but can be placed into any non-rated AFSCs. The Academy appears to copy the OTS selection model/process.

I think we are saying the same thing. Perhaps I should have been more specific. OTS rated applicants will only be considered for the rated AFSCs. Non-rated applicants, like you said, listed their preferences but can be placed into any non-rated AFSCs. The Academy appears to copy the OTS selection model/process.

Yes, obviously Rated applicants will only be considered for Rated positions, but we're not saying the same thing. You said:

If you apply for the rated board, you must rank all the rated AFSCs and pray for the best.

This simply isn't true. An OTS Rated applicant can list only one AFSC that they wish to be considered for (and be considered for that only), list and rank all four, or any combination of specialties in between. If an applicant is dead set on being an ABM for example (or any of the other three), they can list only ABM and only be considered for that position. Likewise, if an applicant just wants to become a Rated Officer, they can list all four in whatever order they prefer and then be considered for all four positions. There is no requirement that Rated applicants rank and list all four AFSC's.

:beer:

post-1569-0-33556800-1395479251_thumb.pnA woman named Amelia Earhart is going to fly around the world.By Will Lerner
March 12, 2014 10:11 AM

....A woman who shares the name of famous pilot Amelia Earhart will be embarking on an adventure this summer - a flight around in the world in a plane, aPilatus PC-12 NG. As this genarations Ms. Earhart told KPHO CBS 5 News, she hopes that by recreating (and successfully completing) the 1937 journey, she will be able to get women excited about aviation.

http://www.flywithamelia.org/mission/

:hitit:

Edited by HerkFE

attachicon.gifamelia earhart.pngA woman named Amelia Earhart is going to fly around the world.By Will Lerner

March 12, 2014 10:11 AM

....A woman who shares the name of famous pilot Amelia Earhart will be embarking on an adventure this summer - a flight around in the world in a plane, aPilatus PC-12 NG. As this genarations Ms. Earhart told KPHO CBS 5 News, she hopes that by recreating (and successfully completing) the 1937 journey, she will be able to get women excited about aviation.

http://www.flywithamelia.org/mission/

:hitit:

She has me a little excited...

I'm going to change my name to Noonan and see if she wants a sidekick.

Edited by BitteEinBit
  • Upvote 2

I lost hope for AFPC using anything resembling a "dream sheet" to match desires to duties long ago. After filling out aproximately 10 of them so far, I've managed to be picked up for the bottom choice at least half the time and have never gotten anything above the middle.

I lost hope for AFPC using anything resembling a "dream sheet" to match desires to duties long ago. After filling out aproximately 10 of them so far, I've managed to be picked up for the bottom choice at least half the time and have never gotten anything above the middle.

So they matched you with one of your choices?

Somebody in AFPC should get a promotion and a medal.

Do you mean 'decimated?'

Desolation: "a state of complete emptiness or destruction;" either one works.

Maybe I was influenced by this...I imagine the dragon is A1 blowing fiery bullshit on people's dreams.

smaug_the_dragon_by_evolvana-d6qohvt.jpg

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I was influenced by this...I imagine the dragon is A1 blowing fiery bullshit on people's dreams.

smaug_the_dragon_by_evolvana-d6qohvt.jpg

You realize how many 12X stereotypes you just validated here, yes...?

:beer:

• Upvote 12

Perhaps try casting the "death" spell on A1?

http://youtu.be/j_ekugPKqFw

• Upvote 1