WTF? (**NSFW**)

slacker

One, that's a scooter; not a moped. Depending on the model, they can have motors up to 500cc (although that one doesn't look like it's bigger than 125cc). Still, they can reach 60+ MPH.

Secondly, who knows why the rider is being chased. He may have just committed armed robbery. It must have been something serious to warrant that much attention. I happened upon a police motorcycle accident Friday night on my way home from--of all things--training local police academy cadets. Once we called 911 and told them that it was an officer down, we had 10 squad cars, four fire trucks and EMT plus a police helicopter on us in less than five minutes. Some situations will draw in all officers within range.

Lastly, this would be better placed in the 'WTF' thread; so I'm moving it there...

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 1

One, that's a scooter; not a moped. Depending on the model, they can have motors up to 500cc (although that one doesn't look like it's bigger than 125cc). Still, they can reach 60+ MPH.

Secondly, who knows why the rider is being chased. He may have just committed armed robbery. It must have been something serious to warrant that much attention. I happened upon a police motorcycle accident Friday night on my way home from--of all things--training local police academy cadets. Once we called 911 and told them that it was an officer down, we had 10 squad cars, four fire trucks and EMT plus a police helicopter on us in less than five minutes. Some situations will draw in all officers within range.

Lastly, this would be better placed in the 'WTF' thread; so I'm moving it there...

Cheers! M2

Sorry I was just quoting the news article, I didn't know there was a delineation between scooters and mopeds.

"Sgt. Mark Brooks, a city police spokesman, said an officer initially stopped the man about 10:15 p.m. for driving the wrong way on Winter Street, near Eckart Street. He spoke with the officer but refused to turn off the moped and rode away, Brooks said.

A chase ensued with the moped driver, later identified as Lagrant Smith, reaching top speeds of 25 mph and taking numerous turns on a route that covered much of the southeast grid."

Still pretty funny to watch the guy weave around like he is Jason Bourne.

Edited by Fuzz

Did you forget a pic or link, or was that just a general statement?

On a semi-related note, I think the fact that a Video Music Awards show is hosted by Music Television, a TV network that hasn't actually played a music video in years, is WTF-worthy...

• Upvote 1

What's the deal with her sticking her tongue out constantly? Severe dehydration? Attempting to attract females?

I dunno, but our two terriers do the same thing and they're idiots...

• Upvote 5

Bottom line --

Miley Cyrus got the attention she wanted. Heck, it was on the NBC nightly news for heavens sake.

Same as Madonna in the 80's....

Same as Britney Spear's in the 90's/early 2000's....

Shock value has a place for marketing (i.e. Howard Stern), but this fvckin' tramp was on some serios "Molly" last night.

Shock value has a place for marketing (i.e. Howard Stern), but this fvckin' tramp was on some serios "Molly" last night.

The difference is Howard Stern actually has talent and business savvy. Say what you want about the content of the man's work, but there are few people who have been so consistently successful in the entertainment industry as Howard Stern. You don't remain at the top for 30 years just on "shock value".

• Upvote 1

Chicago billionaire James Pritzker now identifies as woman

Share on twitterShare on gmailShare on stumbleuponShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services13Posted: Aug 23, 2013 5:20 PM PDT

Updated: Aug 23, 2013 5:20 PM PDT

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - Chicago billionaire James Pritzker undergone a legal name change and has announced he is now living as a woman named Jennifer Natalya Pritzker.

Colonel Pritzker is the 63-year-old founder of the Pritzker Military Library and served for 11 years in the army.

Recently, her foundation awarded a million dollar plus grant to study the feasibility of transgender people serving in the military.

Chicago billionaire James Pritzker now identifies as woman

Share on twitterShare on gmailShare on stumbleuponShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services13Posted: Aug 23, 2013 5:20 PM PDT

Updated: Aug 23, 2013 5:20 PM PDT

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - Chicago billionaire James Pritzker undergone a legal name change and has announced he is now living as a woman named Jennifer Natalya Pritzker.

Colonel Pritzker is the 63-year-old founder of the Pritzker Military Library and served for 11 years in the army.

Recently, her foundation awarded a million dollar plus grant to study the feasibility of transgender people serving in the military.

Billionaire? I might be able to look past the fact that she was once a dude...wait a minute--pre-op or post-op?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/23/jennifer-natalya-pritzker_n_3806126.html?utm_hp_ref=chicago

"The highly-decorated colonel -- and cousin of Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker -- has an extensive military career that includes 11 years of active duty in the U.S. Army. Pritzker then followed her Army service with 16 years in the U.S. National Guard."

Apparently retired as a Lieutenant Colonel. Whatever....