Classic Thread - 1.5 mile run

Guest a_thomas

Guest a_thomas

After not working out or running for nearly 4 years, last week I started running again. I run 1.5 miles one day out of the week each week and I just finished my second week. I for one am proud of myself for doing this and I don't care if you guys call me out of shape because I feel accomplished! My last week time was 15:42:309. While this weeks time was 14:12:613. I've yet to run the whole 1.5 miles. :flipoff: I end up walking some portion of the run. But I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

Place constructive comments here

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Edited by a_thomas

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is just begging for someone to slam thomas.

I'll share...... The last time and only time in the last year I've run 1.5 miles was after my buddies when they took my beer cooler from a BBQ at my house this summer. OK maybe it was only 1/5 of a mile but it seemed a lot further.

Guest a_thomas
Yay.

How the hell do you have a time of 15:42:309? Is that in hours?

Keep up the good work, maybe you'll run that whole 1.5 mile marathon one day.

Geez.

m:s:thousandths

Wow, this is just begging for someone to slam thomas.

I'll share...... The last time and only time in the last year I've run 1.5 miles was after my buddies when they took my beer cooler from a BBQ at my house this summer. OK maybe it was only 1/5 of a mile but it seemed a lot further.

No, I was just happy to report beating last weeks time by over a minute. :rock:

Edited by a_thomas

You'll definitely want to start running more than once a week. Start off with distances that you know you can run without stopping, then step it up. Run your 1.5 mile at the end of every week and see where you're at. Log what you've done, and keep going from there. Make sure you're actually pushing yourself; don't just walk because it seems easier. Go for it.

Guest a_thomas
You'll definitely want to start running more than once a week. Start off with distances that you know you can run without stopping, then step it up. Run your 1.5 mile at the end of every week and see where you're at. Log what you've done, and keep going from there. Make sure you're actually pushing yourself; don't just walk because it seems easier. Go for it.

thanks for the support Jenkspaz

397b3418e25ef53c135c8a03d6b0e.jpg

haha nice...I seriously thought this thread was a joke when I saw it in my inbox. a_thomas if you are serious there is a lot of stuff you can find online to help shave your time once you start getting in better shape...i.e. breathing/stride techniques. My suggesting for first getting back in shape would be to try and find places to play other aerobic activities like basketball or football or even try and go swimming...just try and keep things fun and different so you don't resort back to another 4 year binge on xbox and world of warcraft or whatever game that is my roommate plays all night instead of going to the rec with me to hoop.

Guest a_thomas

Reason number 1 why wantscheck is better........

Thanks again Jenkspaz

P.S.

I don't run at a track, but rather on a loop I mapped out to be 1.5 miles. Is it better to run on a track as to sidewalk?

Reason number 1 why wantscheck is better........

Thanks again Jenkspaz

P.S.

I don't run at a track, but rather on a loop I mapped out to be 1.5 miles. Is it better to run on a track as to sidewalk?

If you wanna shave time off a good way is to use a track and find out how much time you need to spend on each lap to get your target time. Write it down on an index card and keep up each lap. keep shaving time off each time, but once a week isnt gonna cut it. Get out and bike, swim, play a sport.

It depends. Personally, I hate running in circles. But most tracks are softer than sidewalks and are easier on your knees. Get some nice running shoes, not something cheap from Foot Circus or where ever the hell. They'll help a lot.

Give the guy a fvcking break. He's asking for input, not your smartass comeback creativity.

Doesn't read like that to me. The only sentence that is remotely close is "Place constructive comments here"

To me this thread is begging for smartass comeback creativity and resembles the following pics.

dc362b478ec4e7029d7103786533c.jpg

e2e3da9240eb621ea1d3dcf9a6ca8.jpg

And for you Jenkspaz, I wish you luck when you graduate, get commissioned, get your wings and get to an ops squadron.

979e7d2abafc9e585d126b14f8259.jpg

He's asking for input, not your smartass comeback creativity.

False.

Read it again, then post your smartass comeback. :beer:

edit: and what old crow said.

Edited by day man

Guest a_thomas
Doesn't read like that to me. The only sentence that is remotely close is "Place constructive comments here"

To me this thread is begging for smartass comeback creativity and resembles the following pics.

dc362b478ec4e7029d7103786533c.jpg

e2e3da9240eb621ea1d3dcf9a6ca8.jpg

And for you Jenkspaz, I wish you luck when you graduate, get commissioned, get your wings and get to an ops squadron.

Why would I be wanting attention when I'm sure most people on here already can out perform me in 1.5 mile run? Kind of sad for you when it seems like you're the one who is posting large obnoxious pictures trying to get attention!

Edited by a_thomas

I'm 2 for 3 so far, Crow. And my vag is spotless! I'm just tryin' to help the guy out a bit. Seems like I'm the only one.

EDIT: Replaced ###### with vag due to symbol blockage.

Edited by Jenkspaz

Guest BoneBubba

I'm missing the part where you're asking for inputs to improve...

My real question is what part of this board made you think anyone here would care about your 1.5 time?

And what is it with people getting so offended by the responses on these boards lately? Are the SNAPs mounting an offensive?

Guest a_thomas
I'm missing the part where you're asking for inputs to improve...

My real question is what part of this board made you think anyone here would care about your 1.5 time?

And what is it with people getting so offended by the responses on these boards lately? Are the SNAPs mounting an offensive?

Well the "place constructive comment here" could be it?

Well the part where it says "off-topic" No one forced anyone to read this topic or ever post for that matter. I'm just posting a "off-topic" in the off-topic section of the forums.

Well your status says you're one. Not that you're one in real life, but on here... And for the record, I have no problem with people getting a deserving flame for violating search/posting rules. Most of them need it. But this thread did neither. Just a guy asking for help. That's one of things this site used to be for.

Guest BoneBubba
Well the "place constructive comment here" could be it?

Well the part where it says "off-topic" No one forced anyone to read this topic or ever post for that matter. I'm just posting a "off-topic" in the off-topic section of the forums.

Fair enough. Here's a constructive comment: This board is about flying, partying, and hot chicks (not necessarily in that order). Your original post had the tone of someone who is on an internet forum fishing for compliments which is like blood in the water around here.

So, congrats on lowering your 1.5 time. Keep up the good work! Now STFU.... :M16:

Wow - you're all a bunch of unprofessional a-holes! You should all be ashamed of yourselves! This place totally sucks and I hate all of you...but I think I'll keep coming back here and posting to instigate you all!

a_thomas, let me give you three bits of advice

1) UTFSF and crap like this might not happen. Wacky bizarre things happen when you type in 'running' into the search function.

Running/workout/PT while at UPT

Advice on running/jogging

WOW!

2) Quit while you're behind and never pass up a good opportunity to STFU.

3) Don't post sh*t like the comment below....

I think that the chatroom may be a good idea for some people who would rather just ask a question in the chatroom rather than become Toro's bitch. It could honestly be a good thing for this forum.

...and not expect me to respond (Yes, that is from a_thomas in the Baseops chat room thread, which I removed). Well, guess what-

wafyuf.jpg

Too late....bitch!

Now by all means Baseopers, continue with your learnings of this motivated young lad.

Yup, I'm a dick. Noted, accepted, get over it, move on.