Ridiculously good aviation art!

StoleIt

There was a thread about this a long time back... someone posted a link to the artists web page and it had all sorts of pictures like the ones above...

AMRAAM:

AMRAAM_Missile-Raytheon.jpg

Sparrow:

aim-7.jpg

The BVR bitch-slap in the picture is the Sparrow. Look at the tail fins.

The telltale feature that it's an AIM-7 and not an AMRAAM (aside from the size of the front fins) is the wave guide on the side of the body. Looks like a little cable tunnel running up the side of the missile body from the tail end.

The telltale feature that it's an AIM-7 and not an AMRAAM (aside from the size of the front fins) is the wave guide on the side of the body. Looks like a little cable tunnel running up the side of the missile body from the tail end.

Did you guys even notice the women? I didn't see that there were planes (much less missiles) until you guys mentioned it.

I'll toatally have to dig the picture out of the stuff writtten on the first MOAB. It was all covert like...haha. So silly.

I like the AMRAAMs. Personallly...they tend to be more personal.

BENDY

I still say AMRAMM (a or b with big fins). The may appear bigger from the front, but I think that's perspective. The "wave guide" only goes up to just in front of the front fins ... like an AMRAAM. An AIM-7 waveguide goes damn near to the seeker. Look closely at the art, there is a stripe in front of the "waveguide" ... but that ain't an AIM-7.

AMRAAM:post-1152-1223681740_thumb.jpg

AIM-7:post-1152-1223681757_thumb.jpg