Profile: Your Picture Error

Guest Cap-10

I felt like chaning my personal picture today, so I logged in, went to my profile, and clicked on the 'Settings' tab.

I first deleted my old picture, then tried to upload a new pic. Tired it twice but got a "upload failed, contact administrator" message x 2.

Mods....thoughts?

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Cap-10

Are you adjusting the dimensions of the image (max width limit in pixels) before trying to upload? It may be at the root of it...

I wasn't initially (I thought it would auto resize on it's own).

I resized it myself and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

• 4 months later...

**Revival**

*Never mind, read edit.*

I'm trying to upload my avatar again (since the host of my old one exceeded bandwidth), and I'm having some trouble.

It's in .gif format and when I go to enter the online URL for it and click "Update Avatar" I get a "Offsite File 90x90." The original size is greater than 90x90, but I do have Image Scale On, which fixed my last avatar (greater than 90x90). I'd resize it myself, but googling gif resizers and trying to actually resize it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Is Image Scale On not working or am I just retarded? Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: Posted this and just saw that it's working. In my user CP it wasn't showing up which lead me to believe it wasn't working.

Edited by donkey

Is Image Scale On not working or am I just retarded?

Well...since you edited your post, rather than deleting it, even after realizing that it was in fact working...

I'm going to go with you're just retarded.

Points for the question...and points for my name! Not a bad start...

BENDY