MC-12 Liberty info

Guest Safe&Clear

whats the difference between mc-12s and u-28s?

They are different aircraft with different missions? Everything?

Edited by one
  • Upvote 1

If you know someone at Beale right now, contact them for the lowdown or PM me. The manning piece is constantly changing, and this isn't the place to get into details.

Dream Big is pretty spot on with what's up here at the moment. Not sure how long you've been here, but there's definitely a little bit of queep creep. It's not bad, but it could be better.

Thanks for giving me some info. PM sent!

• 2 months later...

What the hell is a matter with you guys? I had a interesting conversation with the Beech rep and the curious problem of wing stress the AF seems to have. WTF and why would you ever try that in a King Air? That is why we can't have nice things!

What the hell is a matter with you guys? I had a interesting conversation with the Beech rep and the curious problem of wing stress the AF seems to have. WTF and why would you ever try that in a King Air? That is why we can't have nice things!

The wing stress issue is not the result of aerobatics, it's from flying the airplane at or very near gross weight in lousy weather twice a day for years on end. Add in some clumsy inexperienced types pranging in a few landings and flying too fast for conditions and voila...overstressed wings. We need to let the barrel roll incident go - it was debriefed to standards two years ago.

should be a 1G maneuver, not that it's a valid reason to try.

Wichester, speaking of FOB Cannon, I understand MC-12 and U-28 bubbas will be getting a lot closer in your neck of the woods. Or scrub brush. Any rumors on your end?
. Not really, I'm not the best source for that kinda thing we are pretty busy making gunshipery happen and handling our own rumors, I'll ask some of my NSA bros though.

• Upvote 1

OverTQ,

Seems most of the Herk guys I know that flew it prior to the early 90's have seen an an aileron roll in the Herk.

Are you trying to say they're moving the MC-12 to Canon?

Great rumor!

Edited by Huggyu2

Thats why I'm really hoping he's trying to say that. It would be absolutely hilarious.

At this point, the AFSOC guys will do anything to try to spread the Canon misery around. And I really feel for them having to be at Canon. But, no, I'd seriously doubt the MC-12 will ever be there. Though there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the program right now, the one certainty that exists is that HQ does not want to dump a bunch of money into it. Not in the foreseeable future will they want to foot the bill to move the force from Beale to Canon. That is even without looking at whether New Mexico politicians would come out ahead of the Californians in the political shit storm that would ensue............

• 4 months later...

I don't think there are any sensors on this forum, but thought I'd ask anyways. Is there any truth to the rumor that the back enders are getting replaced by CSOs? Also, how is the general feeling in the squadrons at Beale with all the rotations, pretty chill environment or what? A few of my guys (and myself included) are looking to jump ship from ACC heavies.

Edited by napir

I don't think there's any sensors on this forum, but thought I'd ask anyways. Is there any truth to the rumor that the back enders are getting replaced by CSOs? Also, how is the general feeling in the squadrons at Beale with all the rotations, pretty chill environment or what? A few of my guys (and myself included) are looking to jump ship from ACC heavies.

Not saying it won't ever happen (mostly because I dont pretend to know what the Air Force will do...) but there's no talk about getting CSOs now.

As for the squadrons, it depends on who you talk to...the SOs who have had the shit deployed out of them over the past couple years are pretty worn out with it. Most of the junior pilots would rather be deployed than home station...

Who knows what the future or ops tempo will be like once OEF winds down though. Overall, most SOs (and people here in general) love the mission.

I don't think there are any sensors on this forum, but thought I'd ask anyways. Is there any truth to the rumor that the back enders are getting replaced by CSOs? Also, how is the general feeling in the squadrons at Beale with all the rotations, pretty chill environment or what? A few of my guys (and myself included) are looking to jump ship from ACC heavies.

Beale Sensor here.. like KState_Poke22 said most of the sensors are burnt out from getting the shit deployed out of them. For a squadron that deploys at such a high tempo (sensor wise anyway.. I'm about to go on my fourth barely 1:1 dwell deployment in 3 years) there is a lot of queep at home station. Lot of it is self induced queep, a lot of it is lack of manning queep. Regardless for how much time we spend down range we spend way too much time doing stupid shit at home station.

No word of the sensor becoming a CSO position (of course with all the AFSOC rumors, who knows. main rumor is AFSOC gets the planes and uses CSOs instead of enlisted sensors). Overall it's not a terrible gig. I don't regret volunteering for it and I don't regret volunteering to PCS. Hell of an experience, but personally I'm burnt out. I'll be punching when my contract is up along with a large portion of the other sensors hanging around.