Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

This just in, the threshold rule (men entering women's rooms and vice versa) has be rescinded. Eerily, this is not a big deal out here... almost like this place has "normalized."

I was living on the edge last night and walked: across 2 roads, from my humble abode half way across the CC, to the BRA and back... without... *gasp... a single reflective belt (not even 1 for my backpack) on. Not 1 fvck was given... and no one was hurt... and no one stopped me.

• Upvote 4

I was living on the edge last night and walked: across 2 roads, from my humble abode half way across the CC, to the BRA and back... without... *gasp... a single reflective belt (not even 1 for my backpack) on. Not 1 fvck was given... and no one was hurt... and no one stopped me.

I'm sure I am just a bad apple, but in the last month I have not worn a reflective belt once in CC. No one has said a word and I am definitely not alone. Culture change from the ground up!

And All Rejoiced!

Didn't wear a reflective belt the entire time I was there last year, not a word was said to me. Also had a stache that was pretty far out of regs that garnered me plenty of dirty looks, but nothing actually said to me.

Great news. I start a 179 at the CAOC next week and am actually looking forward to the quality of life there.

These two statements should never be in the same sentence.

• 1 month later...

"As more families arrive, there is one goal they all have in common - building a strong partnership with the host nation, and ensuring regional security and stability now and in the future. "

Will they also attend staff mtgs? Finally there is hope to restore peanut butter and fix the Customs idiocy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by vsu8992

Hopefully chopped chicken returns soon...It is really nice though, to not have to worry about the dumb reflective belt. Maybe 10% of folks I see wear one and *gasp* accidents have not gone up. Have we been lied to??

• Upvote 1

CAPTIONS (I noticed a nice trend from left to right of the people changing where they are looking. Starting at left, looking at their feet, to the nose-in-the air at the right. So....)

"What kind of ######ed is your dependent?

I'm ######ed

This ######ing Sucks

Is She ######ing Serious?

I Will Do Fine Here

###### YOU!"

I saw a forty something year old woman walking her chihuahua through the bra last month and wondered WTF was going on. With all the new dorms and facility construction going on, that place is looking way too permanent. I took a few pics of the BX and food court and friends who had never been to the Deid thought they were taken at some stateside base. The last time I saw that level of permanency happening at one of our Middle East locations was at PSAB about a year before we left it.

I saw a forty something year old woman walking her chihuahua through the bra last month and wondered WTF was going on.

Saw the same thing earlier in the year, along with the high-chairs at the chow hall, 150 school kids on the ramp as I was trying to taxi out for a "combat" mission, etc. That was also the same day the sky cop dog was barking at the balloons flying from the stage at the BRA.

• 3 weeks later...