Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

8 hours ago, Snooter said:

Every time you cross the boundary between USAFE and AFCENT it restarts the “first day in theater”.   You get full rate for that day as opposed to the $3.50.  I was still claiming it on my last deployment in ‘16 whenever we landed at LTAG.  

Oh yeah the per diem resets.  It doesn't really happen that much.  I was out for 90 days last year and got a total of 0 resets on my per diem.

59 minutes ago, the g-man said:

Oh yeah the per diem resets.  It doesn't really happen that much.  I was out for 90 days last year and got a total of 0 resets on my per diem.

I was referring to when there were jets at LTAG, circa 2008-2011.  You know back before isis ruined the alley and the Turks still hated the Russians...

3 hours ago, Snooter said:

I was referring to when there were jets at LTAG, circa 2008-2011.  You know back before isis ruined the alley and the Turks still hated the Russians...

They really need to bring back deployments to MK, but only during the summer.

Everyone got this volunteer solicitation email chain today; apparently we can't staff the DFACs but we can clean commercial airplanes?!

Volunteer opportunity for anyone interested.  Even though it's sponsored by the AUAB Top III organization, I've confirmed that ANY rank can participate.  Please let me know if you're interested ASAP, since it's a limited number of personnel needed, and it's first come, first serve.

-----------------

Good morning Team,

A great opportunity has opened for us, I extend an invitation to join me and support this event.  Per prior feedback 8 - 15 Wingmen would be sufficient thus facilitating the task and finishing in less time.  This is a great event we have in order to take care of future activities in support of our Airmen.  Again thank you and have a great day!

----------------

ALCON

AUAB Top III has been tasked with an upcoming Oasis Cleaning and we will need volunteers to conduct the cleaning.

Oasis cleaning show time inside PAX terminal is 25 March at 1550L (1520L Showtime)

The Oasis Cleaning Program is a unique private organization that gives us the opportunity to participate in cleaning requests that support commercial passenger aircraft traveling through Al Udeid Air Base.  More so, AUAB is well known for Air Mobility Operations and we consider our partnerships with visiting airlines invaluable. Disrespect towards Airline Representatives/AMCC or failure to meet cleaning requirements will not be tolerated.  The mission is our #1 priority in the 8EAMS and it’s important that we practice excellence in all we do, exceeding high expectations.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spaceman said:

Failure to meet cleaning standards will not be tolerated!  Thanks volunteers!!

Oh the irony, eh?  We seriously can't even make this shit up anymore.  I'd say it's impossible to get any more out of touch than this statement, but the douchebags running the USAF these days would take it as a challenge.  

I weep for our service.

3 hours ago, spaceman said:

The mission is our #1 priority in the 8EAMS and it’s important that we practice excellence in all we do, exceeding high expectations

Cleaning rotaters is the #1 mission of the 8EAMS?  I would have sworn it was sleeping on the sidewall seats while red X’s were left unattended. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, spaceman said:

From the bottom (first) email, to the top, it was an E-8, E-7, and E-9.

Failure to meet cleaning standards will not be tolerated!  Thanks volunteers!!

Ah, I see Chiefs wasting everyone’s oxygen and time downrange still exists.  Do they brainwash them at Chief school or does it happen earlier in their career? 

Also, where do they find the spineless CCs that enable said SNCOs?

1 hour ago, dream big said:

Ah, I see Chiefs wasting everyone’s oxygen and time downrange still exists.  Do they brainwash them at Chief school or does it happen earlier in their career? 

Also, where do they find the spineless CCs that enable said SNCOs?

Douche Commanders help promote Douche Enlisted.  Then E-9's assume they're some sort of of pseudo Commander being an E-9.  The currently CMSAF is a good dude and is trying to do actual positive changes, unlike the multiple E-9's in that job before them.

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Uh why the fuck are we sending airman to clean commercial aircraft? Isn't that what these companies are supposed to be doing to thier own aircraft? 

It pays $500.00 cash for about 26 minutes of volunteering... If it is anything other than voluntary, someone should be fired. 

Chuck

2 hours ago, Majestik Møøse said:

Who gets the cash?

I’m guessing if it’s a squadron volunteer opportunity, the squadron gets the cash...?

Pretty sure they ain’t paying straight cash to folks who do it voluntarily. They wouldn’t have to beat the bushes for bodies if they were. I’m not even sure that’d be legal.

Chuck