Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, MCO said:

Well played.

There's a story here that many on this forum are oblivious to....

13 hours ago, 3PAARO said:

There's a story here that many on this forum are oblivious to....

There are many stories regarding said individual, and most will make you cringe.

On 10/19/2017 at 7:46 PM, TnkrToad said:

I was apparently too subtle...it was a swipe against those who quipped about tanker dudes building tracks in the middle of the weather.

Meh, I've built tanker tracks in the middle of the ocean as a non patch fighter guy.  The patches plan wars, at least I think that was the original long term intent of patches, and tanker dudes need a seat at the table along with the rest of them.  

Edited by matmacwc

On 10/22/2017 at 4:38 AM, RTB said:

Do tell!

No real stories...but sometimes individuals tend to suck at aviation.  That’s okay, not everyone can be Chuck Yeager.  However, one has to question when said individual spends 99% of their time volunteering at high visibility “diversity events,” instead of doing their job as a pilot.  Said individual (3 different aircraft and didn’t make it to instructor in any aircraft) gets promoted and awarded despite multiple safety of flight incidents and busted checkrides while individuals who hacked the mission and were solid instructors were casted aside because they didn’t play Big Blue’s game.  Nothing new here. 

Edited by dream big

No real stories...but sometimes individuals tend to suck at aviation.  That’s okay, not everyone can be Chuck Yeager.  However, one has to question when said individual spends 99% of their time volunteering at high visibility “diversity events,” instead of doing their job as a pilot.  Said individual (3 different aircraft and didn’t make it to instructor in any aircraft) gets promoted and awarded despite multiple safety of flight incidents and busted checkrides while individuals who hacked the mission and were solid instructors were casted aside because they didn’t play Big Blue’s game.  Nothing new here. 

Sounds like an ideal USAF Officer/Pilot to me. Exactly what they are looking for. 0% chance she bails for the airlines.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 10/23/2017 at 6:53 PM, dream big said:

The irony of that award was not lost upon some of us. Sure made for a good laugh. If they only knew...

In other news, was stuck at the Deid for a few days last month while in transit back home. It was as if Oprah was there distributing shooter hats....you get a shooter hat....and you get a shooter hat....and you get a shooter hat...

I guess that is what matters...

Edited by contraildash

• 4 weeks later...

As stated by my copilot, while climbing out the other night over Doha, Qatar, a sprawling city of well over a million people, located a distant 16-19 miles from base yet might as well be millions of miles away to the average crew dog:

"We aren't deployed. The Air Force just hates us."  Truth.

• Upvote 1

So I've been here about three months on my farewell tour (read:  you seven day opted, so here's your non-flying 6 month gig right at the end of your ADSC).  This place has changed a LOT.  No required PT gear, no required disco belts, and mustaches reign supreme, although there seems to be a bit too much strict compliance to the Hitler rule.  I've been rocking a Robin Olds throwback mustache ever since I got here and never got chiefed once.  I finally got the "tone it down" from my boss who got the standard passive aggressive words from someone else to pass along to me.

What BLOWS MY MIND is the people who still willingly wear PT gear with reflective belts.  They're uncommon, but not rare.  My buddies didn't get chiefed face down in the mud for these nerds to keep wearing that shit!

Facilities continue to be in a state of decay.  The remaining CC trailers are same as always, with thick black mold and rot.  The BPC buildings are not much better.  Their poor construction is beginning to show in the form of all the tiles being loose, large cracks in the concrete, and leaking during the rain.  AC is also spotty in several of those buildings.  

The high water mark of insanity (October 09) appears to have receded to today's baseline of 6/10 on the dumb scale.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, viper154 said:

They moved all the queep and chiefs up north for the surge. Its alive and well, don't you worry.

Ugh, you're right.  I had to spend a few days there passing through and got chiefed for having my sunglasses on my head.  I was shocked at how much of a dump that place is.  They've been there at least as long as the Deid, if not longer and they are worse now in 2017 than the Deid was a decade ago.