Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

11 hours ago, fou said:

I think it's pretty funny that it was the equipment they used for colonoscopies...the jokes should write themselves.

Also, it feels like the statement wasn't fully thought through and they just listed all the diseases that *could* be transmitted, as opposed to actually identifying diseases that were present that would've actually been transmitted.  If only 135 procedures using this equipment were done in that time, what's the actual likelihood, given the deployed environment, that one of those people had HIV or hepatitis?  They might as well have included ebola and smallpox.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, PlanePhlyer said:

Win at the Deid, ACP baseball hats now authorized with desert flight suits. If anybody wants more info, feel free to PM your .mil address and I'll email you the new reference. 

I wouldn't doubt I had a hand in getting this change enacted... just saying you piss enough people off with your headgear choice and things happen ;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't doubt I had a hand in getting this change enacted... just saying you piss enough people off with your headgear choice and things happen ;)

Do tell, what was your headgear choice?

...and mandatory brown t-shirts and Coyote boots.  More stuff to buy for people.

Those text job patches all got canned except for first responders, battlefield airmen...and one exception.  (I wonder who wrote that...). Not that I care a ton, but wouldn't having people's jobs on their sleeves make things easier?  Why are we restricting that?

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, PlanePhlyer said:

Any new crap going on at the Deid?  Start my penance in 3 weeks. Last there in summer of 13. Can't imagine much has changed?  Still good coffee at the Bean, milk shortage, and no rip-its? 

Unless soy milk is your thing, yes...although strangely, when I got coffee today at the bean, they had what looked like fresh milk.  How'd that happen??

Edited by 08Dawg
because

4 hours ago, 08Dawg said:

Unless soy milk is your thing, yes...although strangely, when I got coffee today at the bean, they had what looked like fresh milk.  How'd that happen??

I go off base to Carefour and get milk there.  It's a pretty solid grocery store and they have those little yellow capped milk bottles that most Deid regulars recall.  

Here's a "Leadership at the Deid" worthy story. The SecAF and CSAF were here a few weeks ago, and at one point during their dog and pony show, they asked the rent-a-crowd "Are you getting everything you need here, with the embargo and everything?" And someone from either HNCC, Protocol, or Services (can't remember) straight up lied and said "We're good, we even have fresh milk." My buddy that works in the wing front office just about shit a brick. (Same friend was of course dispatched into town prior to the visit to pick up Diet Cokes for the VIPs since FSS is out of them and Diet Pepsi just ain't the same.)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Disco_Nav963 said:

Here's a "Leadership at the Deid" worthy story. The SecAF and CSAF were here a few weeks ago, and at one point during their dog and pony show, they asked the rent-a-crowd "Are you getting everything you need here, with the embargo and everything?" And someone from either HNCC, Protocol, or Services (can't remember) straight up lied and said "We're good, we even have fresh milk." My buddy that works in the wing front office just about shit a brick. (Same friend was of course dispatched into town prior to the visit to pick up Diet Cokes for the VIPs since FSS is out of them and Diet Pepsi just ain't the same.)

Thus continuing the trend of lying to the upper echelons to make it look like the slides are still greened up instead of providing actual data. Is it any wonder these strategic juggernauts are failing the services?

• Upvote 1

I don't know what bothers me more, that people feel the need to lie to the Generals or that the Generals are stupid enough to believe them.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2017 at 5:13 PM, Disco_Nav963 said:

Please tell me said idiot was immediately called out for their stupidity?

Sad thing is, in my corner of the USG, key info are often withheld from the O-6s/GOs by their deputies (GS-15/O-5), for fear the boss will get mad.  I just don't understand this line of thinking.  Whenever I try to alert the boss to potential bad news on the horizon, the deputies will quickly jump in and stutter something meaningless and change the subject.  It's like we are not allowed to talk about issues in a meeting unless it's absolutely positive.  Just kick the can down the road until it blows up and blindsides everyone.  WTFO? 

40 minutes ago, panchbarnes said:

Sad thing is, in my corner of the USG, key info are often withheld from the O-6s/GOs by their deputies (GS-15/O-5), for fear the boss will get mad.  I just don't understand this line of thinking.  Whenever I try to alert the boss to potential bad news on the horizon, the deputies will quickly jump in and stutter something meaningless and change the subject.  It's like we are not allowed to talk about issues in a meeting unless it's absolutely positive.  Just kick the can down the road until it blows up and blindsides everyone.  WTFO? 

Standard gatekeeper BS

IMG_4440.JPG.17f86758e6254e5271ad44f7458406da.JPG

Like you're getting at: they probably correlate their strat with the amount of time they don't tell the boss anything unsettling, instead of addressing problems. Service before self?

Well I can't be that mad at the azz kissers, primarily because I see it as "if I tell General x the truth he's going to look at me and ask me what to do about it. I don't have an answer and it would make me look dumb hence lose faith in my shininess, so I'll just say, 'everything's great sir.'"  Kind of like a stranger asking how you're doing on a crappy day and you tell them Fine so you don't have to deal with their response too.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, fou said:

I haven't been in a while, but believe ACU type ball caps are now authorized in CENTCOM.  What are the best brands and where are people getting them?  Thanks for any input.

Condor mesh back. Amazon. I’m a diviant and have a flag patch on front with my Capt rank pinned through it. I’m also at a different centcom “garden spot”. Apparently some leadership type was “worried” about the Velcro showing on the sides with just the Velcro rank. Beats me because the last time I checked there is exposed Velcro all over a Flight uniform 

Edited by viper154
Got the brand wrong

5 hours ago, viper154 said:

Apparently some leadership type was “worried” about the Velcro showing on the sides with just the Velcro rank. Beats me because the last time I checked there is exposed Velcro all over a Flight uniform 

People worry about the dumbest things. How the ef is that in the top 18 Billion issues a leader should be concerned with?

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

People worry about the dumbest things. How the ef is that in the top 18 Billion issues a leader should be concerned with?

Got me beat. I would think the war we have been fighting for the last 16 years and getting warheads on foreheads would be on the top of the list. If I had dollar every time I got spun up when some shoe had a retarded concern while us ops types were barley hanging on because the ops tempo I would be rich. 

• Upvote 1