Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Yeah, it was pretty chill when we were there earlier this year. In the CC area, wear whatever the fuck you want, wherever the fuck you want. Mixed combos of PT gear and civilian clothing is allowed (I think this is allowed stateside per the parent reg, correct???) Most guys wore the AF fleece around when cold, and lots of guys had the AF PT shirt on with civilian workout shorts. The only trace of the old Died assclownery I witnessed in four months was a guy politely asked to remove his headphones while sitting in the chow hall. Not sure why, but that is a rule there. So basically don't wear sweaty clothes in the chow hall, or have headphones on in the chowhall, and you should be good. No reflective belts are needed in the CC either.

In the Ops Town areas, you need to be in some kind of uniform - PT or work uniform. So if you might work staff, you should bring a few sets of PT gear. We were allowed to work in the office in PT gear, and it was always good to have it handy if you planned on working out or getting your mail from Ops Town. You can also work out in ABUs in Ops Town. You need the disco belt down there, but again, I went an entire deployment without strapping the thing on a single time - both in CC and in Ops Town.

Things have changed there - for the better.

Just to clarify MountainHerc, is that sandals in the DFAC w/ straps or is that standard Ocean Pacific flip flops. Back in the day, this was an issue. Thanks

You can get away with any version of flip flops in the chow hall, including the $0.99 bx shower shoes. Beats by Dre are also strongly encouraged.

What Fatty_Driver said.

• 4 weeks later...

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Exact same thing happened in 04 in a Cadillac in Ops Town (directly across from the pax terminal). Doors came off within a week. Walls never went but someone finally realized that the majority of "art" was being completed by our transient friends. Never ceases to amaze me how we try to deal with this "problem."

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• 3 months later...

Must be hidden. No one I know currently there knows where it is.

Anyone check the back of the MPF/Pay/Training/EEO office? Probably in there so the shoes don't have to get out in the heat to go get it.