Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Dude, I can see what line you are pissed about. How dare he single out men? I've seen some women at the Deid with some pretty gnarly staches.

I agree with you though. To feel "compelled" to use the EOG All distro on something like mustaches seems plain silly for the reasons you said.

The kick in the balls to Robin Olds does put the icing on the cake. Well said...

I am confident most (if not all) of you know what 36-2903 has to say about

mustaches,

It's not BGen Olds' AF anymore....

V/r,

Chief

Ya, thanks for the reminder Chief…It's not Olds' AF anymore, it's Gen Welsh's. And if I recall, he said to ignore the stupid regs. Since Olds proved that mustache compliance has nothing to do with mission accomplishment, I feel confident in throwing that part of your beloved 2903 into the "don't give a shit" category, as authorized by Gen Welsh.

"We're past the point of doing everything just because it says so in an [Air Force Instruction]," Welsh said. "If it makes sense, if it helps us be more combat effective, if it protects people, if it takes care of our people and develops them better, we should do it. If it wastes our time, we should stop, and we should stop today."

Edited by pcola

With a war, civ casualties making the news, a security agreement we want signed, rocket attacks, etc - it's good to see the idiotic leadership out here is spending brain bytes in the right place. He was fine til the last line. This chief actually had some street cred, but in one line exposes himself as an insecure pilot-hating shoe clerk. You're right light switch dick, Robin Olds is rolling over in his grave looking at what the AF has become.

To: ### EOG/ALL

Subject: Mustaches

For the men.... I typically do not use the "EOG all" distro as a means to

communicate, but feel compelled to on this one.

I am confident most (if not all) of you know what 36-2903 has to say about

mustaches, but in case you didn't...the attached should provide clarity. We

(the EOG) have received some negative attention on this one as of late, thus

my engagement.

If you're staying at BASE X please comply w/ the standards; if you're going to

BASE Y...best to start off on the right foot.

It's not BGen Olds' AF anymore....

V/r,

Chief

XXXXXXX, CMSgt, USAF

Superintendent, ### Expeditionary Operations Group

Damn, we're getting chiefed by e-mail now?!?! I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ya, thanks for the reminder Chief…It's not Olds' AF anymore, it's Gen Welsh's. And if I recall, he said to ignore the stupid regs. Since Olds proved that mustache compliance has nothing to do with mission accomplishment, I feel confident in throwing that part of your beloved 2903 into the "don't give a shit" category, as authorized by Gen Welsh.

Because mustache regs were EXACTLY what Gen Welsh was talking about...

• Upvote 2

Because mustache regs were EXACTLY what Gen Welsh was talking about...

It seems to that's what he was talking about. A mustache makes sense, it makes us more combat effective, it damn sure protects people, my mustache takes care of me and they help people develop as men. Fits every test Gen Welsh put forth.

• Upvote 1

It seems to that's what he was talking about. A mustache makes sense, it makes us more combat effective, it damn sure protects people, my mustache takes care of me and they help people develop as men. Fits every test Gen Welsh put forth.

FWIW, myself and the AC had 'staches when the 4-engine flameout occurred...

• Upvote 7

Damn skippy.

And he's right, it isn't Robins Olds Air Force anymore. In fact, it's not Jumper's Air Force anymore.

Yeah, but I get this eerie feeling that this is still Schwartz's Air Force...its going to take a while to wash that stink off...

Not surprised on the "Chiefed by e-mail" strateegerie. We've been doing virtual commanders calls for a while now. Virtual leadership...it is the future.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Question for anyone at the Deid: what's the current intel on dress code, civilian clothes, civvies in the chow hall?, strap-less sandals in the chow hall? that kind of the nonsense. Thanks for any info.

Question for anyone at the Deid: what's the current intel on dress code, civilian clothes, civvies in the chow hall?, strap-less sandals in the chow hall? that kind of the nonsense. Thanks for any info.

Got back from there about a month ago. Dress code was as low threat as I've seen it. Mustaches of epic proportions were commonplace... Mixing USAF PT gear with civies was largely ignored. Only incident I witnessed was an E-9 accosting an unsuspecting LT in a flight suit rolling through the chow hall with sunglasses on his head.

Thanks for all the info. Haven't been over in awhile and I know it changes yearly. Back in 04 it was civvies allowed but no cargo shorts in the chow hall (excuse me "DFAC") and you couldn't wear strap-less sandals in the mess. I took some 550 cord and "made" a strap for my flops

No open-toed shoes allowed in the DFAC though...they were authorized for a while, then banned not too long ago.

Well shit! People must have started putting their flip flops/toes up on the salad bar again.

It cracks me up that we can't wear sandals in the chow hall but the TCNs serving the food can have 69 flies sitting all over them. Which is more unsanitary?

You can wear sandals at the DFAC as long as its not your shower shoes (how they would know, not a clue). They dont want you to wear sweaty PT stuff to the chow hall. I've seen a couple guys get shwacked for having their flight suit sleeves rolled in the Fox bar. Problem there is you dont know if its an E-2 or O-6 thats talking to you because everyone is in their civi's. If you go off base you can wear shorts and Tshirts. They have relaxed that policy (used to be khaki's and polo shirt).

Thats basically it from what I've seen.